Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road (603 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / FG Approves N165bn For Construction Of Section 5 Of East-west Road - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road by karlmax2: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2013
Denies Accepting Money From Governors

THE Federal Government has expressed disappointment with the slow pace of work at the Section ‘C’ end of the East-West Road being handled by Setraco Construction Nigeria Ltd.

Speaking when the National Good Governance Tour team visited the Trans Warri/Ode Itsekiri Road/Bridges project in Warri, being handled by the same contractor, the Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, accused the contractor of performing below expectation.

Accusing the firm of negligence, the minister said, “your complaints cannot be security, because there are other companies working on the road. We have seen significant progress in the work by RCC, but there is no activity at your sections.

The minister wondered how the contract, awarded to Setraco since 2007, at the cost of N27 billion, with a completion date of 2010, had covered only five kilometres, after the expiration of the deadline.

Meanwhile, as criticisms continue to trail the National Good Governance tour, Maku said the tour was a demonstration of government’s commitment to ensure that contracts awarded are executed for the benefit of Nigerians.

He dismissed reports that the tour, which had visited 14 states of the federation, have not collected money from any governor of the states visited.

“We have visited CPC, APGA and PDP states and none of the governors we have visited would tell you that I, Labaran Maku, or any person in my ministry, has written him to bring money.”

“We have been reading all sorts of stories. I have decided not to make any comment because I don’t want our attention to be distracted, but I know that no good programme would go without criticism,” he said.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=11066
Re: Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road by kelvincoll(m): 10:33am On Feb 24, 2013
Ok Oga Maku, back to Oshobaba now.. Can you prove Labaran wrote your Govt for money or it was a slip of tongue?

@east west road. I wonder why sectraco had a slice in that road contract. I never liked the way dey execute their project, was in warri sometime back and saw d substarndard thing dey call road. FG should sanction them or revoke d contract
Re: Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road by otokx(m): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2013
They are o so slow, been at Uniport junction for over a month if not 2.
Re: Maku Expressesdisappointment With Contractor On East-west Road by OmoTier1(m): 4:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
kelvincoll: Ok Oga Maku, back to Oshobaba now.. Can you prove Labaran wrote your Govt for money or it was a slip of tongue?

@east west road. I wonder why sectraco had a slice in that road contract. I never liked the way dey execute their project, was in warri sometime back and saw d substarndard thing dey call road. FG should sanction them or revoke d contract
I think you have to blame those supervising the project. The same Setraco completed Sepele road in Benin and are not also in charge of Airport road. Sapele road was done to a very high standard and anyone who has driven on that road will attest to the quality of the job done there.

How do you expect Setraco to perform when the minister for Niger delta Oruebebe must have collected 30% of the contract sum as kick back?

(1) (Reply)

Proof Of Biafran/nigeria War Crimes / Oil Blocs: ACF Dares NASS To Initiate Probe / Senator David Mark Rejected Bill Passed To Pay Corpers #30,000 Buh Buys 2face Fe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.