Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,340 members, 7,815,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Mechanic Promise To Commit Succide If Goverment Do Not Pay Him, His 11.6millons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mechanic Promise To Commit Succide If Goverment Do Not Pay Him, His 11.6millons (545 Views)

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians / Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! / Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mechanic Promise To Commit Succide If Goverment Do Not Pay Him, His 11.6millons by ndala(m): 9:29am On Feb 24, 2013
A motor mechanic, Anthony Meco, has threatenedto commit suicide if the Nasarawa State Governor Tanko Al-Makura continues to delay the paymentof N11.6 million owed him for the repairs and servicing of cars belonging to the convoy of the Government House, Lafia.
Meco, 39, and an indigene of Panda in Nasarawa State, told Leadership Weekend that if “this treatment continues I will have no choice but to take my life because for the past two years now my life has become meaningless and devastated.”
Aside closing his shop due to harassment by traders whom he collected spare-parts on credit from, Meco said his kids have had to drop out from school as he could barely pay their school fees even as he has been at the mercy of his landlord having been owing him rent for the past two years.
“Life has been miserable to me and right now I just feel as if I should take my life. I suffered, laboured hard to help my state government and thought I was dealing with people who pitied lives. Now I regret my goodwill as I cannot begin to mention the turmoil my life has undertaken since this misadventure. I just want to kill myself,” the mechanic said in tears.
Anthony said after incessant pleas by way of writing to be paid the debt owed him after he repaired and serviced official cars being utilised by the convoy of Nassarawa Government House, he ‘‘will just commit suicide and rest if the hardship continues,’’ even as he is adopting legal option as a last resort.
The motor mechanic who has written to GovernorTanko Al-Makura said he would attempt to use the legal option as a final stop since the government has refused to pay even after approval had been given for payment, but would ultimately take his life if the debacle continued.
Anthony said he sold his house, some lands he bought in the past as well as two of his cars just to offset the debt owed traders who kept supplying him spare parts and others over the period of time when he was providing service for the Nasarawa State government believing that he would be paid his money.

Source: Leadership
Re: Mechanic Promise To Commit Succide If Goverment Do Not Pay Him, His 11.6millons by pastie(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2013
Crying
Re: Mechanic Promise To Commit Succide If Goverment Do Not Pay Him, His 11.6millons by ndala(m): 9:42am On Feb 24, 2013
pastie: Crying
dont cry cry pray for him

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Police Spokesperson, Ngozi Briade, Receives Query Over Public Fight / What Would You Do? / Orji Kalu, a “political Failure” Who Forged School Certificate -Theodore Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.