Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? (20707 Views)

Bible Says That Yahweh (jehovah) Is Devil / The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah / The Bible Says Marrying A Divorcee Is A Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by GeneralDae: 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
omonnakoda:
Did you read and comprehend what you quoted before saying I am mistaken?

Did I say Jesus taught that to the Pharisees?

If you do not understand English it is not my role to help you

What you have said is completely off point and tangential.

The point is that in those days there was a practice of calling Pharisees and other religious leaders; "Rabbi" which when translated could mean My Master ,My Teacher or Father

This is what was in contention here. The idea was to bring an end to that practice
So what has changed between the pharisees and today's Christian leaders who are still called Farher? If Jesus forbade the practice of the pharisees, then why are Christians imbibing thesame practice?
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2021
GeneralDae:

So what has changed between the pharisees and today's Christian leaders who are still called Farher? If Jesus forbade the practice of the pharisees, then why are Christians imbibing thesame practice?
What I really do not understand is why you do not send Adeboye or Oyedepo an email and instead decide I am the best person to answer that
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 11:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
omonnakoda:
Did you read and comprehend what you quoted before saying I am mistaken?

Did I say Jesus taught that to the Pharisees?

If you do not understand English it is not my role to help you

What you have said is completely off point and tangential.

The point is that in those days there was a practice of calling Pharisees and other religious leaders; "Rabbi" which when translated could mean My Master ,My Teacher or Father

This is what was in contention here. The idea was to bring an end to that practice
To bring to an end a practice that is even today very much alive among those of the Old Covenant Law of Moses and now thrives among those in Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law. undecided

The good news is you at least do not reject the Truth of Jesus Christ in this unlike many of this very thread. undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 11:48pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
To bring to an end a practice that is even today very much alive among those of the Old Covenant Law of Moses and now thrives among those in Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law. undecided

The good news is you at least do not reject the Truth of Jesus Christ in this unlike many of this very thread. undecided
Which truth of Christ ?

Is your head hurting you?

I am a confirmed Ogun Lakaaye Adherent . I have not sold out my heritage to Hebrew Tales.

I just find the Bible stories to be quite entertaining though like the one about Manna falling from the sky and Lot's wife turning into a pillar or salt.
Nice bedtime reads especially when I can't sleep
Interesting how many black people people that there actually was a Garden of Eden and Noah herded mae and female of all the animals into an Ark
Don't you ask how and why Jehovah never sent anyone to black people
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2021
omonnakoda:
Which truth of Christ ?

Is your head hurting you?

I am a confirmed Ogun Lakaaye Adherent . I have not sold out my heritage to Hebrew Tales.

I just find the Bible stories to be quite entertaining though like the one about Manna falling from the sky and Lot's wife turning into a pillar or salt.
Nice bedtime reads especially when I can't sleep
Interesting how many black people people that there actually was a Garden of Eden and Noah herded mae and female of all the animals into an Ark
Don't you ask how and why Jehovah never sent anyone to black people
The Truth of Jesus Christ in this case is that you are not to call anyone Father in His name. You at least understand that, and that is all here! undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The Truth of Jesus Christ in this case is that you are not to call anyone Father in His name. You at least understand that, and that is all here! undecided
I understand what Boko Haram are trying to do that does not make it The Truth of Shekarau
does it?
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 12:11am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
I understand what Boko Haram are trying to do that does not make it The Truth of Shekarau
does it?
That may be so, but in this case, you know and understand one of the many Truths(laws) given by Jesus Christ and that is all. undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 12:19am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
That may be so, but in this case, you know and understand one of the many Truths(laws) given by Jesus Christ and that is all. undecided
I understand a tale does not make that tale a TRUTH does it?

It is just a story that some dudes wrote a long time ago
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 12:23am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
I understand a tale does not make that tale a TRUTH does it?

It is just a story that some dudes wrote a long time ago
What matters is that you have understanding of His one Truth in this case. undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 12:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
What matters is that you have understanding of His one Truth in this case. undecided
How and why does that matter?

I have no understanding of it as a truth just a story that I read
Just like I have understanding of stories I read about Bobrisky does that make those stories TRUTHS?
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 12:39am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
How and why does that matter?

I have no understanding of it as a truth just a story that I read
Just like I have understanding of stories I read about Bobrisky does that make those stories TRUTHS?
You may not know it as your truth, but you know it as His Truth. undecided
That is what matters in this case. undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 12:47am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You may not know it as your truth, but you know it as His Truth. undecided
That is what matters in this case. undecided
I dont know is as any kind of Truth . Obviously you do that is why you are obsessed with the idea.

I just know it as a story I read in a book
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
I dont know is as any kind of Truth . Obviously you do that is why you are obsessed with the idea.

I just know it as a story I read in a book
ok
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
ok
Do you know the Truth of how Ogun created the earth?

I mean Lakaaye Oshinmole
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 1:14am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
Do you know the Truth of how Ogun created the earth?

I mean Lakaaye Oshinmole
Not anymore! undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 1:16am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Not anymore! undecided
Shame that!
Realmente has perdido tu camino
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 1:29am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:

Shame that!
Realmente has perdido tu camino
I never had that way to begin with and I was never drawn to such ideas to begin with undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 1:38am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I never had that way to begin with and I was never drawn to such ideas to begin with undecided
but YOU said "not anymore"

Anyway that is the real truth

Not this imported Hebrew gibberish
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkiee: 1:40am On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
but YOU said "not anymore"
Anyway that is the real truth
Not this imported Hebrew gibberish
I used to know the stories but even then I could not make head or tails of them. undecided
Anyways, My Truth is Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 7:52am On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I used to know the stories but even then I could not make head or tails of them. undecided
Anyways, My Truth is Jesus Christ. undecided
No doubt there is an obsessive, intolerant and potentially fanatical dimension to this "truth" of yours.
That would explain your insistence that I know your truth
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Apr 28, 2021
omonnakoda:
No doubt there is an obsessive, intolerant and potentially fanatical dimension to this "truth" of yours.
That would explain your insistence that I know your truth
You are free to believe as you choose. undecided
Re: Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? by omonnakoda: 9:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are free to believe as you choose. undecided
Thanks for your gracious permission

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. / Pastor Oritsejafor Gives Church Members N5m To Start Small Scale Businesses (Pic / 10 Unwholesome Habits You Must Abandon In 2022.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.