Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Contact Form Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Contact Form Help (831 Views)

Problem Validating Contact Form In Frontpage! / How To Create A Contact Form On Your Site With Google Drive / Create A Stress-free Contact Form For Your Website/blog. Just Copy And Paste! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contact Form Help by josyisback(m): 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2008
please i am having problem with contact us page.it always goes to outlook express after i have configure the action:mail to my email.
Re: Contact Form Help by my2cents(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2008
paste the code for ur form pls. Provide a link to the site with the form as well.

I don't want to make any assumptions, but if its what i think, it may have to do with outlook being the default mail application on ur box. If it isn't what you use for email, then you need to get the name of your outgoing mail server and use that.

If this doesn't help, again, pls paste the code for ur form and provide a link to the site with the form.
Re: Contact Form Help by ThePhantom(m): 2:02am On Mar 18, 2008
Just because you set the action in the form to your email doesn't mean it will just send the message to your email. You need to write you own email script that will send it to your email address in the background or you can leave it the way you have and it will use the web user default email client. (Mostly Outlook or Outlook express).

Check this link out., for basic intstructions

http://www.w3schools.com/asp/asp_send_email.asp
Re: Contact Form Help by aphoe(m): 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
first of all you have to change the form field action to another script/ file on your website. for example if you're using PHP and the name of the processor file is 'mailer.php' then change the form field as follows

<form action='mailer.php' method='post'>
<!-- Enter form fields here -->

</form>

so in the mailer file use PHp mail() function. check for the details of this file from www.php.net/documentation

(1) (Reply)

Website Review For www.nauna.com / Barter: Design My Wsite, I Teach U 3d Animations/professional Videoworks / Site Updater

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.