Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors (11924 Views)

FG To Empower 1,000 Youths In ICT / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Jarus(m): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
Honestly, GEJ is getting himself too involved in politics than governance/administration. angry
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by dopesidez: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2013
otokx: Goodluck is surely learning fast.
am telling you, he is coming up fast, he is beginning to show that he is not a fluke.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by shevalync: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
PDP has to support Jonathan if they really want to win in 2015,if not they must bé ready to loose grip cos GEJ will do anything to hold on to power and if he's gonna go down he will definitely take PDP along.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by HAH: 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
What a useless thought, who is a minister to challenge a governor, the governors are the strongest bloc in the polity as they control the delegates moreso the northern governors forum which has 15 PDP governors will decide his fate while Gej banks on SS and SE I would like to remind him that Kano delegates alone is almost three time that of Bayelsa or Akwa ibom.

His best bet is to pally this governors and play the mumu so that he can get what he want if not this gragra will not give him second term especially now that most of the governors are in their final terms.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by dopesidez: 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
DeCleff: Jonathan don't forget so soon that Gov. Ameachi conquered his state and gave u the highest vote in the federation.

Do not forget so soon how OBJ and Odili did everything to stop Ameachi from being the governor of Rivers State but he defeated them openly.

If u are fighting the hands that worked tirelessly to lift u up then the reverse will be the case.

Gov. Ameachi remains bold & fearless.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Ajpharm(m): 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
HAH: What a useless thought, who is a minister to challenge a governor, the governors are the strongest bloc in the polity as they control the delegates moreso the northern governors forum which has 15 PDP governors will decide his fate while Gej banks on SS and SE I would like to remind him that Kano delegates alone is almost three time that of Bayelsa or Akwa ibom.

His best bet is to pally this governors and play the mumu so that he can get what he want if not this gragra will not give him second term especially now that most of the governors are in their final terms.
Word! The only way out for him is to play mumu role, all this gra gra will only add insult to injury. Anyway, Jonathan is NOT gettiing my vote come 2015. Shikena.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Moukafoam(f): 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
ebamma: english don suffer

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cry cry cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue undecided

cool grin
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Moukafoam(f): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
ebamma: you know she is a fool when she quotes a whole topic, just to yawn in reply, and to add insult to injury with bad grammar

Ebamman where have you been?

Update your quote lol grin cool
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by franchizy(m): 4:15pm On Feb 25, 2013
If GEJ wants to won 2015 he shud lives in pis wit his governs, cos d governs ve strongs tap ruth in dere states. If he fight his governs, he wil neva won in 2015

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
franchizy: If GEJ wants to won 2015 he shud lives in pis wit his governs, cos d governs ve strongs tap ruth in dere states. If he fight his governs, he wil neva won in 2015

Are these gbagauns deliberate? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by kasonud(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
BREAKING NEWS:GODSWILL HAS BEEN ELECTED CHAIRMAN OF THE FORUM..
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by kabba7(m): 4:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
looking forward to the final fall
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by usayab(m): 4:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
GEJ de enjoy ur self de go. U don finish with then (govs). try ministas de go do am 2 as far as INEC still de ur back
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by heisenberg33: 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
ebamma: .PDP is my party i shall not
want,he makes me to lie
down in aso rock
mansion,he leads me to
the post of president,he
restoreth my shoe ,he
leads me in the paths of
lootingness for his names
sake.
Yea Though i walk
through the roads of
borno state,i shall fear no
evil,for soldiers and
policemen are with
me,their guns and their
bombs the comfort me
The prepared a bank
account before me,in the
presence of my
enemies,the anoint my
account with bribes,my
balance runs over
Surely Patience and her
english shall follow me,all
the days of my life,and i
shall dwell in my house in
bayelsa forever and ever
Amen.

hahhahahhahahahhahahh..................
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by kkkp: 5:34pm On Feb 25, 2013
Which kind polithiefcians we get Instead of dem to concentrate on d challenges n how to develop dis nation..dey are all tinkin abt 2015 which dey dnt knw if dey wil b alive by dat tym..I WEEP FOR DIS NATION
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by ochukoccna: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Jarus: Honestly, GEJ is getting himself too involved in politics than governance/administration. angry
So on point
If Jonny go slow devoted half the time he's using to scheme back into Aso Rock [recalling his first pronouncement was proposing a six year tenure for elected officers], we'd be seeing tangible benefits of his administration.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by mrofficial2(m): 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2013
Burger01:
grin grin grin grin cheesy...only on NL.

Don't mind that tyrant. Na me and am for this him Nairaland.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Almaiga: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
Legit1: How can a non-elected government official have authority over one who was elected?

Is this a democracy at all? undecided
And GEJ thought the governors would just sit back and watch him turn them into a toothless bull dog? no way.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by danslow9(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
To me this a big mistake by GEJ and his crew. The ministers cannot and will never have any hold on the state like the governors.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by chemashie(m): 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2013
Moukafoam:

Yawn! Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† did I miss? grin

Nigeria is going from baaaad to woooorst cool
You be mu.mu
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by tefund(m): 7:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
2iic: PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan appears to have devised a strategy for freeing himself from the clutches of governors hostile to his 2015 ambition, especially those from the states ruled by the Peoples Democratic Party.

At the centre of this strategy, The PUNCH learnt, was a plan to empower ministers against the chief executives of their home states and create alternative power base from which Jonathan could tap for his second term ambition in 2015.

The ministers that would readily benefit from this presidential empowerment, as already discussed and decided on by members of the President’s kitchen cabinet, are those from states whose governors have been seen as antagonistic to Jonathan’s 2015 ambition.

The revelation came even as the Nigerian Governors’ Forum holds its election on Monday (today) in Abuja.

Though President Goodluck Jonathan said on Sunday that it had no interest in the governors’ forum elections, there were indications that the Presidency would put the poll under close watch.

Beyond merely electing who replaces Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi as the chairman of the forum, analysts say the NGF poll will pinpoint the direction of the 2015 poll, especially within the Peoples Democratic Party.

Amaechi is regarded in the circle of Jonathan as not a fan of the President. There is said to be an underground campaign to ensure that Amaechi is not returned whereas the majority of the governors are said to be in support of retaining the Rivers State governor.

Not included in this majority of supporters for Amaechi are governors Godswill Akpabio, Henry Dickson and Ibrahim Shema of Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Katsina states respectively.

Investigations have, however, shown that Jonathan would use Monday’s election to measure the loyalty of the governors.

“If the NGF election today does not go the way that will inspire confidence in the loyalty of the governors, the Presidency has a ‘Plan B’ option to fall back to,” a source who claimed to be privy to the ‘empower the ministers’ strategy confided in one of our correspondents on Sunday.

The source said that the President had decided to sidetrack the unfriendly governors and use the ministers to mobilise support from such states.

When the strategy begins to unfold, the ministers would be the one to nominate candidates from their states to be appointed to boards at the federal level.

Apart from that, the ministers would also be allowed to appoint what the source called “a point man” at each local government.

The source said, “The Presidency has decided to strengthen the ministers in states where the governors are not favourably disposed to the second term ambition of the President.

“The need to have this was discussed at a recent meeting the President had with his close aides.

“The President is worried that the governors, even though some of them are from his party, are not working with him on the need for the party to win the 2015 presidential election.

“So, we have decided to make the ministers his point men in the affected states and also allow the ministers have representatives at each of the local governments in their states.”

He also said that the President might appoint more politicians into his cabinet anytime he decides to effect a change among the ministers.

“He says he needs PDP-carrying members in some strategic states to enable such ministers carry party members along and also allow PDP members in the states to have a feel of his government,” the source added.

Sources say that the sin of Amaechi, who is a contestant in today’s election of the NGF, is that he is seen as not supporting the second term ambition of Jonathan, a fellow South-South person. The Rivers governor is alleged to be planning to run as vice presidential candidate to another incumbent governor from the north.

Amaechi has denied the speculation on many occasions but his traducers are not convinced.

The governors started arriving Abuja on Sunday for the election scheduled to hold at the Rivers State Lodge.

Jonathan’s Special Adviser on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak, in an exclusive interview with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Sunday said the President did not have interest in who becomes the forum’s chairman because the group is not a constitutional organ.

He said members were free to decide who lead them once the tenure of the incumbent ends.

He said, “President Goodluck Jonathan does not have anything to do with who is or who becomes the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum.

“The group is not a constitutional organ, though members have constitutional rights of freedom of association.

“The President has nothing to do with who is the chairman. He is not interested in who leads them because all the governors are his political associates.

“He can’t dictate who gets what in the forum. Once the tenure of the chairman ends, members are free to put anybody there.

“Before, the chairman was Sam Egwu, later it was Adamu Abdullahi and later Bukola Saraki. The Presidency has nothing to do with it.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/2015-jonathan-to-empower-ministers-against-govs/
he is learning obj style
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
GEJ and his cohorts have gone out to elect Gov. Godswill Akpabio to be PDP governor's forum chairman. You can imagine the dimension this tussle is going; Governors forum, PDP Governors forum. Next go be Minister's forum.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by coruso(m): 7:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
this is why we need a single term for all political office holders, but does GEJ not have thr rgt to contest for second term?
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by project8(m): 9:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ada Nri1: when will Nigeria get a good leader who cares about his people! Not just power drunk megalomaniacs and cleptomaniacs scrambling for our national treasure
the day we wil start voting based on merit not sentiment
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by tripledub: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
Clash of the titans 2015
PDP vs APC.
Hmmm. Am weeping... In advance.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by julimax(m): 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
tight......i respect, very creative delivery
ebamma: .PDP is my party i shall not
want,he makes me to lie
down in aso rock
mansion,he leads me to
the post of president,he
restoreth my shoe ,he
leads me in the paths of
lootingness for his names
sake.
Yea Though i walk
through the roads of
borno state,i shall fear no
evil,for soldiers and
policemen are with
me,their guns and their
bombs the comfort me
The prepared a bank
account before me,in the
presence of my
enemies,the anoint my
account with bribes,my
balance runs over
Surely Patience and her
english shall follow me,all
the days of my life,and i
shall dwell in my house in
bayelsa forever and ever
Amen.
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Yuzarsif(m): 2:54am On Feb 26, 2013
Gej u will fail insha Allah come 2015 u think u re wise by using dis method? cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by darmiee1(m): 5:12am On Feb 26, 2013
Crazy: How Goodluck Jonathan Used
$1million Meant for the Needy to Bring Jay-Z and Beyonce to Nigeria in 2006 while he was Bayelsa Governor

Read: www.splendormag.com/2013/02/crazy-goodluck-jonathan-used-1million.html?m=1

Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Eisenhower(m): 5:53am On Feb 26, 2013
tripledub: Clash of the titans 2015
PDP vs APC.
, don't weep. Prepare in advance,get your passport and all other travel document ready, if it degenerates to running from naija,man aheeekee nwanneee!
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by Eisenhower(m): 5:53am On Feb 26, 2013
tripledub: Clash of the titans 2015
PDP vs APC.
, don't weep. Prepare in advance,get your passport and all other travel document ready, if it degenerates to running from naija,man aheeekee nwanneee! Looooool
Re: Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors by FrankC3: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2013
Believe any thrash Punch newspaper and sahara reporter throw at you at your own peril. You really believe that the President's political strategy for 2015 is available to the Punch?

What if this news is planted by GEJ team themselves to confuse their opponents further.

What if this news was planted by APC strategists to create an impression of internal problem in PDP power axis or even to set the powerful governors against the president?

What if you are told today that GEJ have the best of relationships with Gov Amaechi? Only a foolish governor involves himself in political struggle with a sitting President who have a chance to return for second tenure and Amaechi doesn't look foolish to me.

What if Amaechi is acting a script designed by PDP strategists to give Northern interests some hope while the real game goes on? Check the sound of it, Gov Amaechi of Rivers State, at the very backyard of the Presidents Home State, where the President commands tremendous follower-ship reaching having a fight with him. GEJ's boys in SS will swallow up Amaechi before he even get serious. GEJ doesn't have to give the order for that to happen.

I will not be surprised if Amaechi even runs against GEJ in the party primaries, that is if it will serve any political advantage to GEJ. 2015 will be interesting. Lets just watch and see.

As i will always say, i pity folks who think that the President is foolish and careless. Trust me, if GEJ wants to return in 2015, he surely will. He knows what to do and he has the balls to do it. Believe otherwise and risk disappointment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dolphins, Sharks Commend Gov. Wike For Paying Salary Arrears / Why Nigerians Should Elect Me President In 2019 – Ezekwesili / Trucks Parked Around Lagos Ports Will Be Impounded From February 27 - Hadiza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.