Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,162 members, 7,852,961 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:05 AM

Homeless Man Who Returned Diamond Ring Gets $86,000 In Donations In 1week - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Homeless Man Who Returned Diamond Ring Gets $86,000 In Donations In 1week (608 Views)

Learn Small Chops Cocktail & Barbecues.#5,000 In Lagos.15th & 16th Oct. 2013. / Designer Covers Gold Ring With A Piece Of His Skin / Who Is Ayiri Emami - The Man Who Had The Most Expensive Wedding In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Homeless Man Who Returned Diamond Ring Gets $86,000 In Donations In 1week by newsonpoint: 7:26am On Feb 25, 2013

Honesty really is the best policy for a kind homeless man whose life has been completely turned around.
Billy Ray Harris, a panhandler in Missouri, grabbed the nation’s attention earlier this month after he returned a diamond ring that was mistakenly dropped in his change cup, KCTV reported. The inspiring story quickly went viral and Sarah Darling, the grateful owner of the ring, set up a fundraiser for Harris with her husband to show her appreciation. They collected more than $86,000 since Feb. 14 as of press time and will be personally giving the funds to Harris.
“I’m not sure of how you ended up in your situation, but after what I witnessed you do, I am most definitely sure that you are a honest man with a good heart,” Volanda Shields, a donor who gave $1,000, wrote on Harris’ GiveForward page. “Watching you on the news the other day brought tears to my eyes because I thought of what so many others would have done.”
Darling and her husband, Bill Krejci, remain in close contact with Harris and continue to share just how inspired they are by him and the way others have responded to the story.
“Words cannot express how it feels to be a part of something like this,” Krejci wrote on the GiveForward fundraising page.
But Harris, who was raised by his reverend grandfather, told KCTV that the decision to return the ring was an obvious one, and that he doesn’t actually think his actions warrant so much attention.

“What I actually feel like is,” Harris told KCTV, “what has the world come to when a person who returns something that doesn’t belong to him and all this happens?

FORE MORE: http://www.demsaynews.com/must-readhomeless-man-who-returned-diamond-ring-gets-86000-in-donations-in-1-week
Re: Homeless Man Who Returned Diamond Ring Gets $86,000 In Donations In 1week by Akshow: 7:30am On Feb 25, 2013
Huge lesson in honesty i tell Ya
Re: Homeless Man Who Returned Diamond Ring Gets $86,000 In Donations In 1week by Rocktation(f): 10:56am On Feb 25, 2013
It's truly amazing. Now this is one story that restores faith in humanity.

(1) (Reply)

Posh Looks Makeover Blog / Today Is The International Day Of Happiness / Speaking For An Exceptionally Gifted Lady - Joy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.