Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:04 PM

How Should I Utilize This Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Should I Utilize This Money (995 Views)

Photo: Who Can Tell The Source Of This Money? / Any Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income ? / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should I Utilize This Money by ayexel: 12:19am On Mar 18, 2008
Hi fellas I just need Your advise on how I can utilize my savings which is close to 500.000 naira.I have worked hard over the years and save this money so that I can start a business of my own.I will not like to be an employer of long years.I need your response pls.
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by UNLEASHED(m): 5:23am On Mar 18, 2008
The source of your 500.000 naira should be a better business for you. keep it up!!
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by ayexel: 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2008
You mean I should just keep working hard and keep saving.I want to invest this money I have saved for a better future
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by DeepSoul(f): 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ Unleashed
Bad advice. Do you know if he saved the 500k over a period of 20 years?? Or more?

@Ayexel
Invest in the stock market. Start by gettin a good broker. After a while, I'm sure you'd be more financially equipped to start up something worthwhile.
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by dejacrue: 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2008
u can start a fish farming biz(catfish particularly) n an okada on lease biz.if well run u can turn it 7 figure turnover in a yr.all d best
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by crazyT(m): 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ Ayexel

My advice to you is “don’t invest in any business you don’t have control over” like Okada business; if you’re not going to drive the Okada yourself don’t venture into it. If not, you’ll loss all the money faster that the way you saved it.

I’ll advise you to go into stock market too but you need to first invest in yourself that is acquiring more knowledge about stock market.
If you can endure so much pain to safe this money, then you’ll be patient enough to go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.0.html

Although it’s very long but I believe after going through the thread you’ll be as good as any guru's in stock market.

All I am saying is, be careful in parting away with that money.
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by ayexel: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2008
Thanks guys for your response.Farming I am thinking abut poultry but grasscutter, snail I will need more info on that.Stock market as alwys being on my mind.Someone tell me u can get into a wrong stock brokers hand.Thanks to everyone.More replies are being expected
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by naijacutee(f): 9:14am On Apr 16, 2008
If after watching the economic trends the world is following today, I were to start a business, it would be in agriculture. You may have noticed that food has suddenly become very expensive this year - and this is has happened worldwide. This is because of the sudden demand in biofuel - To tackle global warming, developed countries are adopting laws to allow biofuel to consitute a certain percentage of their transport fuel etc. The UK's laws came in place on the 15th of April. This has then caused the use of land to diversify from growing crops for survival to growing crops for biofuel. Hence pushing up the prices of food. Now, if one can start a business growing food to meet the high demands, I cannot see how it will ever fail because people must always eat. The rich eat, the poor eat. It's true that it requires some experience but if you think of all the poor farmers in the village - Some may be willing to shift base and work for a fee. I guess it's worth thinking about.

As you have N500,000 it may take time as this is likely to be a long-term investment. However, the returns on this may bring you more than any stock market can ever dream of bringing. If you're seriously considering it, speak to someone in the field who can give you a better estimate of timescales and how much exactly you would need to start off upfront.

I wish you all the best. One thing I would advise you not to do is not to throw your money into any of those refer-me-I refer-you schemes.
Re: How Should I Utilize This Money by Abod(m): 8:10am On Apr 18, 2008
you worked for some good no. of years i believe. What's your area of competency?
If you must do biz. go into what you can handle. your interests, hobbies, experience, skills, talents. look inwards.

Anyhow you can't go wrong with stocks. get a good stockbroker and understand how it works. Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Gta Account Holders Please! / Where Can I Buy 20 Litres Water In Ibadan? / Can Solar Electricity Production Be A Viable Biz In Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.