Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? (15472 Views)

How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks / Editing Of Pictures With Adobe Photoshop / Can Somebody Help With Reduction Of Pictures On Desktop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? by Itoroetti(m): 10:52am On Feb 25, 2013
I have been disturbed by this question,hence I brought it to the elites nairalanders.why is it that without ink,u cannot make any form of scanning on your scanner?does it mean that scanned documents consumes ink?pls front page oooo
Re: Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 25, 2013
You can do a scan without ink, and scanner doesn't consume ink unless you print out what you scan.

Now this is how a scanner works: Scanners uses a light source,typically a cold cathode lamp to illuminate the scanned imaged. The light is then reflected off the object and into Charged Coupled Device(CCD). The Charged Coupled Device collects the information, and through a series of electronic devices converts the analog signal into a series of digital signals which can then be read and processed by the internal electronics of the scanner and subsequently a computer.

1 Like

Re: Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? by Acreate(m): 11:03am On Feb 25, 2013
I don't think so... the printer i use do scan pictures even without Catridge in the printer

1 Like

Re: Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 25, 2013
Acreate: I don't think so... the printer i use do scan pictures even without Catridge in the printer

Yes, this is because scanners uses a light source and not ink.
Re: Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? by Itoroetti(m): 11:14am On Feb 25, 2013
kunletiwoo: You can do a scan without ink, and scanner doesn't consume ink unless you print out what you scan.

Now this is how a scanner works: Scanners uses a light source,typically a cold cathode lamp to illuminate the scanned imaged. The light is then reflected off the object and into Charged Coupled Device(CCD). The Charged Coupled Device collects the information, and through a series of electronic devices converts the analog signal into a series of digital signals which can then be read and processed by the internal electronics of the scanner and subsequently a computer.

Ure so on point.God bless u

1 Like

Re: Does Scanning Of Pictures Requires Ink? by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 25, 2013
Itoroetti :

Ure so on point.God bless u

Amen and you too

(1) (Reply)

Visafone Internet Connection! Any Hope? / Help On How To Install Pes 2015. / Talk To Your PC, And Have It Talk Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.