Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Anioma's Only - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Anioma's Only (924 Views)

The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / Anioma Is An Ethnic Group - Emeka Esogbue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anioma's Only by Preshioux(m): 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2013
let us use this medium to discuss issues affecting us as a people..
Re: Anioma's Only by Preshioux(m): 1:44pm On Feb 25, 2013
Can an anioma man occupy govt house, come 2015
Re: Anioma's Only by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
I am from Onicha-Ugbo in Aniocha North Local government Area. My submission is that whether or not the not governor of the state is from anioma, it is very much inconsequential as all we want is a man that can deliver creditably the dividends of democracy to the door step of every deltan.
Tribalism or sectionalism won't help us here. What have the various commissioners and special advisers serving under this dispensation done for their immediate communes other than giving them peasants and irrelevant handouts and peanuts that won't in any way better the lot of the people?

The crux of the matter is that we don't need to base our choice on which particular section governs the state but all we need is someone who will work with strength and might and will judiciously utilize the state's resources for the overall goofd of all and sundry in the state.

My humble advise is that you stop threading and fanning the eblem of sectionalism and ethnic cleavages and embrace meritocracy. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Anioma's Only by Preshioux(m): 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2013
my brother, am 4rm ahaba in oshimili south lga..am not bin sectarian here..olorugun ibru rule our state 4 2yrs..james ibori 8yrs..meaning dat d delta central alone has ruled 4 10yrs..by d tym uduaghan is done, dat wud be 8yrs for delta south..so wat abt delta north..yes its credible leaders dat matters, but does dat mean dat nobody among d over 1.5million of our ppl is capable?
Re: Anioma's Only by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 26, 2013
Then let those found worthy in character and integrity come out and champion the course. Mind you, that antecedent matters a lot. If they be found to be of purposeful leadership qualities, then be rest assured that they will get my vote but i am not just going to vote for a gubernatorial aspirant simply because he is from delta north. I am going to vote for someone that has something to offer. Some with proven track record of excellent leadership qualities and accountability

1 Like

Re: Anioma's Only by Preshioux(m): 7:39am On Feb 26, 2013
Vision2017: Then let those found worthy in character and integrity come out and champion the course. Mind you, that antecedent matters a lot. If they be found to be of purposeful leadership qualities, then be rest assured that they will get my vote but i am not just going to vote for a gubernatorial aspirant simply because he is from delta north. I am going to vote for someone that has something to offer. Some with proven track record of excellent leadership qualities and accountability
great, so for you which individual is best suited 4 d position?..4 me i tink a pat utomi or okonjo iweala wud do, but i doubt if dey wud be interested..we may stil see the old faces lyk okowa, victor ochei, ned nwoko
Re: Anioma's Only by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 26, 2013
Of a truth, Pat Utomi is the least person I forsee ascending the throne of the exalted office of the governor. If his antecedent is anything to go by, then he has lost credibility owing to his dented political associates he choose to identify with. Secondly, you don't have to wait till you assume public office before you can contribute meaningfully to the society. Far from it, Pat Utomi has been much of an antagonist who has consistently criticized the present government without providing possible remedy. Such a person if elected would end up achieving nothing. My question is, what has he done for the betterment of the communes of anioma as a whole since he found himself amongst the few previleged and powerful people in our society?
As for Okonjo Iwela, her policies are much of aristocratic in nature which seeks to fit those in the western world. She has failed to map out programmes that will alleviate the plights of the down trodden nigerians. Rather, the microscopic few previleged get richer and richer by the seconds owing to her capitalist tendencies. I am an economist and so are the duo mentioned here and after meticulously accessing both of them, I make bold to categorically opine that they both can't merit my vote at the poll. Conclusively, anioma as a whole is yet to get the much anticipated political messiah that will take us to the promised land as all we do have are cacophonies of political magicians that toil and play with the whims and caprices of the down trodden anioma people for their self enrichment purposes.
Re: Anioma's Only by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 26, 2013
Vision2017: I am from Onicha-Ugbo in Aniocha North Local government Area. My submission is that whether or not the not governor of the state is from anioma, it is very much inconsequential as all we want is a man that can deliver creditably the dividends of democracy to the door step of every deltan.
Tribalism or sectionalism won't help us here. What have the various commissioners and special advisers serving under this dispensation done for their immediate communes other than giving them peasants and irrelevant handouts and peanuts that won't in any way better the lot of the people?

The crux of the matter is that we don't need to base our choice on which particular section governs the state but all we need is someone who will work with strength and might and will judiciously utilize the state's resources for the overall goofd of all and sundry in the state.

My humble advise is that you stop threading and fanning the eblem of sectionalism and ethnic cleavages and embrace meritocracy. Thank you!
Re: Anioma's Only by pazienza(m): 1:32am On Feb 28, 2013
Vision2017: I am from Onicha-Ugbo in Aniocha North Local government Area. My submission is that whether or not the not governor of the state is from anioma, it is very much inconsequential as all we want is a man that can deliver creditably the dividends of democracy to the door step of every deltan.

Haha! Some people really do mistake Nigeria for america, i guess some people are still living in dreamland.
Re: Anioma's Only by Fudey(f): 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
My brodas,this supposed 2 be a culture section not politics. Biko ni!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Hero: Define Your Ideal Hero. / Guys Help, I Want To Bath, Should I Use Water? / How To Be A Nigerian Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.