Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire (26010 Views)

Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured] / African Billionaire, Ashish Thakkar Attacks U.S. Billionaire, Donald Trump / Youngest Billionaire Still Bikes To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Sagamite(m): 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

HEY SHUT UP UGLY B!TCH!

person!
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by brownlord: 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
luckgood: WE DON'T NEED TO BE REMINDED AGAIN THAT MAKING IT IN LIFE IS NOT BY VIRTUE OF ONE'S CERTIFICATE, GRADE OR PROFESSION. THIS YOUNG MAN AS PROVED THAT...KUDOS ASHISH!

Did u read the part that he started with 6000 dollar loan?, when ur first bank or uba abi other financial institution cannot give a graduate 200k loan not to talk of a 13 yr old, plz let face it, he had a conducive enviroment hence reason for his achievement we in Nigeria remember
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by BankoleNco: 11:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
phreakabit:

[size=18pt]I might be his age mate and not as rich as he is. . . But I assure you, I can buy you, your father and your entire generation. The best part of it is. . .Your father will willingly sell himself and the rest of his family considering the amount of money offered.

You filthy dimwit. A maggot such as yourself should always bow its head when speaking. Judging by your signature, you are just a fraction more intelligent than any ape in the wild. . . . The apes at the Zoo tend to be smarter, which makes you their intellectual compeer. Learn to spell "retarded" first before coming at me. 3rd class citizen of the world. Don't you have some fried chicken, cool aid or malt liquor to buy with your welfare money roach? . . Hey, don't forget the watermelon! BTW, why the heck can't you punctuate? Is it that hard? I thought i was the one from the backward continent? Poor raggedy n!gger, bloody scum of the earth![/size]

If i have ever seen a knockout, this is one!

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
beejaay: wow $6000 at age 15:-o :-o (it really takes money to make money, money first and every other thing can follow, no question asked)

give me $6000 and i will be a billionaire in just 3years.

Play the lottery perhaps? Unless that's sarcasm you have no idea what you're saying.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phreakabit(m): 11:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
playboy19:

You are way out of your league kiddo. Go to bed.

I honestly wish we could have a vigorous intellectual discuss over this guy's achievements and debate on how we could perhaps steal/replicate such achievements in the western part of the continent. But hey, these are the kind of people we are stocked with. Quite pathetic

I'm out anyway.

Quit editing your posts mate you brought it upon yourself. . . . Btw, the American slangs thing isn't hiding your protruding ignorance.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phreakabit(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2013
HQ:

Play the lottery perhaps? Unless that's sarcasm you have no idea what you're saying.
Definitely sarcasm. . . I doubt he meant that.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
Very inspiring!!!Issue is that he was very able τ̲̅ȍ obtain a $6000 loan at 15 τ̲̅ȍ start a bizness.When our governors and ministers loot our funds here and take abroad for them τ̲̅ȍ give their young entrepreneurs τ̲̅ȍ start businesses while we stay here on nairaland and jump at 20% Interest non existent loans.our leaders are simply wicked!!how many such young entrepreneurs have ‎u seen out of Nigeria where we have hot brains?God d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Į̸̸̨ƭ is well!

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by nigerfine: 12:35am On Feb 26, 2013
I admire his talent and luck.i love his passion for humanity.but I want to say that the very successful in most cases erase the big factor that aided that leap to fortune and paint themselves as being from a no where.no ordinary person gets a loan of $6k at 15 , no refugee gets that . Dangote said he was lent 500,000 that was almost $500k, common you can't get s loan of 500$k if you are ordinary . My one cent.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phreakabit(m): 1:29am On Feb 26, 2013
nigerfine: I admire his talent and luck.i love his passion for humanity.but I want to say that the very successful in most cases erase the big factor that aided that leap to fortune and paint themselves as being from a no where.no ordinary person gets a loan of $6k at 15 , no refugee gets that . Dangote said he was lent 500,000 that was almost $500k, common you can't get s loan of 500$k if you are ordinary . My one cent.

Please help me tell them. Most Nigerians can be unbelievably naive to the point that they ooze it!
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by IleIfe2(m): 3:19am On Feb 26, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Who gives a phuck if u don't accept him as an African, ur opinion is irrelevant. BIGOT

Say what you want, that Amitab Bacha is not African.

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by McDean: 7:31am On Feb 26, 2013
Great..i really luv dat and ofcourse i do not mind being greater than him at dat....cheeerz bro
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by seguun(m): 10:35am On Feb 26, 2013
Selling what you bought N500 for N600 is not bad but it is actually criminal to sell a used good for the price of new while claiming its new.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by practitioner(m): 10:41am On Feb 26, 2013
pretty_boi:
Nice one bro & I wish you the best also. However, I'd like to point out to you that being a millionaire or a billionaire is a matter of chance & opportunity like you rightly said,but being an entrepreneur is not by chance. AT ALL.
Being an entrepreneur is all about seeing ideas
& opportunities in things & places that people normally won't see & would write off. You wonder why unemployment rate in Nigeria is high? It is because most Nigerians are like zombies & robots. Typically,Nigerians follow a straight line,.......... go to school,go to school, come out & get an office job. Everybody graduates & wants to work in an office. In that way,money controls you cos you have to wait for a certain time to get paid to go enjoy your "friday night." If you're not paid on time? Then you stay hungry till the salary comes in. That's economic slavery. Yes! I'm also a victim of that,but I've got a far bigger entrepreneurial side too. On the other hand,a graduate who sits & analyzes & sees that too many graduates stay in queues for limited job spaces & then does a research on something even as small as a vulcanizing business (just an example) & makes a business plan on how in years to come that vulcanizing stand can grow into an empire is an entrepreneur. While his mates/colleagues in offices might be earning more than him at the moment,it is still a fact that he is boss & master over his money as opposed to his office colleagues that are slaves to money in their respective offices because they can always be layed off. If he (the vulcanizer) makes a very appropriate & comprehensive business plan on how he can recycle his earnings & expand in subsequent years,give him a few years & he would be earning far more than his office colleagues & having chains of business-spots all over. That's entrepreneurship. If you live in Abuja or any state that has "Yahuza suya," you'd understand what I'm saying. These guys make "ordinary" suya,a business most Nigerians would see as too petty but they're making a hell of money. In Abuja alone,they have several branches & they have other branches in about 7 states in the country too. THAT'S WHAT I CALL ENTREPRENEURSHIP,seeing ideas in those things that people would normally write off.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Artistree: 11:10am On Feb 26, 2013
ba7man: With all the knowledge Ashish Thakkar shared in his interview i'm quite surprised that some posters above have nothing to say...... See what this guy has acheived at his young age while some people in their late 30's, 40's and above have dedicated their lives to propagating division and hate..... Too late to be like this guy at my age but i'm inspired by his life's example.
My brother, at his age he has achieved quite a lot and his agemate is here shamelessly typing first to comment as if there's an award that goes with it.
Some NLanders are such a......(fill in the blank space)
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by chucky234(m): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2013
I am speechless
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by buoye1(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2013
ayodot: 1st to comment
What is d comment uv made now!!!!!!!SMH 4 U......Learner
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by buoye1(m): 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
seguun: Selling what you bought N500 for N600 is not bad but it is actually criminal to sell a used good for. the price of new while claiming its new.
That is where u ll av problem!!!!!!U better wise up,all u wnt is to see a bag filled with money drop beside ur house!!!!!!U must be a learner
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by seguun(m): 1:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
buoye1: That is where u ll av problem!!!!!!U better wise up,all u wnt is to see a bag filled with money drop beside ur house!!!!!!U must be a learner
It is obviously criminal to give a false information about a goods to the consumer. It is even more severe in this case selling "used" as "new" which I'm very sure yourself will feel defrauded if you were the victim. You see, because he is now a billionaire doesn't mean we should then accept a bad practice as the norm. Unless you want to start the argument of "the end justifies the means" then I will simply give up.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by prettyboi1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
seguun: Selling what you bought N500 for N600 is not bad but it is actually criminal to sell a used good for the price of new while claiming its new.
I agree with you too.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by prettyboi1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
practitioner: God bless you
Thanks sir.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by caesaraba(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2013
seguun: Selling what you bought N500 for N600 is not bad but it is actually criminal to sell a used good for the price of new while claiming its new.

Don't forget that he was just a 13 year old adolescent hoping to make a quick buck at the time. I sincerely doubt it was the 100 USD profit that made him who he is today. To me, that transaction was just a practical 'eye-opener' for him and spurred him to venture into the world of business. Don't let that small detail spoil the gist.

P.s: Others have done really horrible things and haven't gotten anywhere still.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by seguun(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
caesaraba:

Don't forget that he was just a 13 year old adolescent hoping to make a quick buck at the time. I sincerely doubt it was the 100 USD profit that made him who he is today. To me, that transaction was just a practical 'eye-opener' for him and spurred him to venture into the world of business. Don't let that small detail spoil the gist.

P.s: Others have done really horrible things and haven't gotten anywhere still.
Your right, the act was wrong but for his age then, he is pardonable. The lad is a very intelligent person who had an opportunity (the $6000 loan) and was able to turn it into an empire.

Thanks for the brilliant comment.
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Piro4rl(m): 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
Everybody is born to be rich if u meet the right people. KHALAS!
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by Slynonny(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
In as much as i rejoice wit dis dude,i can't help but say d truth.
Is not as if we nigerian youths are not making positive impact towards becoming a success in our choosen careers,but the whole problem lies within our poor govt and our dilapidated banking system
At age 15 dis dude was able to get a $6000 dollars loan.
Am almost 23,which bank in Nigeria will agree to give me a $5000 dollars loan.
So you see,if only our bank can rise up to their responsibilities i believe we will all achieve our goals and dreams in life.
God Bless Us All

2 Likes

Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ayodot(m): 10:03am On Mar 01, 2013
Excelboi: Ashish, A young dude like u is toping 1st as the youngest billionaire, all u could achieve is a 1st on a thread? SMH

There are some certain things that one can't change even if u wish it. The guy is in question is billionaire, so what. he's richer than ur father and the whole of ur extended family join together. Then because because of this, you all should gather together(u nd ur family) then start crying cause there's a rich kid in town
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ayodot(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2013
BodyKiss:

You're such a big poo,l. I sorry for the children that you'll bring into this world.

Poo? Not me, that's that ur family. Sorry for urself cause of the generation of nuisance u are to bring or brought to this
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ayodot(m): 10:12am On Mar 01, 2013
AB$I:
mumu like u. The guy is half ur age wit all these stuffs in and around him, and you are there doing 1st to comment. Get a life goathead

There are some certain things that one can't change even if u wish it. The guy is in question is billionaire, so what, he's richer than ur father and the whole of ur extended family joined together. Then because because of this, gather together(u nd ur family) then start crying cause there's a rich kid in town. At least I started from somewhere, pig head
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ayodot(m): 10:16am On Mar 01, 2013
BeraBera: Your mates are out there making money at a very young age, and you are here "commenting" absolute trash.

@Topic, what a handsome guy. Some people make use of their brains at a very young age.
I have a little cousin like that. She's so business-oriented and I believe she'll go places.

The guy is also richer than u, so what's the noise
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ayodot(m): 10:24am On Mar 01, 2013
texaco1:
seriously speaking are you normal at all?you really need a psychiatry check up.so the first thing to come into ur thick dumb skull is "1st to comment "?i pity ur parents oo

Tell ur dad he needs a psychiatric help because there's someone younger and richer than him
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by ayodot(m): 10:27am On Mar 01, 2013
buoye1: What is d comment uv made now!!!!!!!SMH 4 U......Learner
Whatever
Re: Ashish Thakkar – Africa’s Youngest Billionaire by phazotron(m): 7:39am On Nov 03, 2014
Jerrygotswagg:
I did put more effort more than him when I was 17, wondering why it didn't favour, guess because am in Nigeria thats why..........witchy Witchy people

true my guy witchy witchy too plenty for dis country sef..... nkan be tinz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start A POS Business In Nigeria / AGSMEIS - Nirsal Loan Applicants Rejected By Government / Man Shares Photos Of The Money He Was Able To Save In His Piggy Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.