Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Beauties Of Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Beauties Of Islam (945 Views)

Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauties Of Islam by tolaniayo: 7:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
1) Islam is just. One is rewarded for performing obligations and for doing good deeds. Even smiling, respecting elders, respecting parents, etc is considered good and has rewards.

2) As I mentioned above, even small things that are good bring rewards and blessings of Allah.
It brings peace of mind and I feel fullfilled (spiritually) and blessed.

3) Tawhid and no intermediary between Allah and its creation makes Islam different from other religions.
Also The Holy Quran and the emphasis or requirement of following the examples and traditions of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) and his companions are what makes Islam different from most other religions.
Another beauty of Islam is that one can pray almost anywhere and the 5 prayer times are a reminder of one's humility, humbleness and insignificance in front to our Allah our creator.
Also the sense of brotherhood praying in the company of fellow Muslims gives one a sense of belonging to something greater than oneself.

I brought up these questions because I heard lecture from Sh. Ibrahim that sometimes Muslims can even tell what are the beauties in Islam and explain them to the non-Muslims, and it strucked me because for me, everything about Islam is beautiful but to explain it to non-Muslims is really hard to do. Therefore we need to bring a list of things that we can share and think about and I posted it here because I would like to know what bring new Muslims to Islam.
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS CAPTION BY A CONVERT
'What I saw in my Muslim friends and acquaintences (when I was non Muslim) is their good behaviour,

for example my friend would invite me for dinners or even compliment me for little things I did like help him out etc.

he even called me brother and so on.

One of my Muslim coworker, invited me to his home 3 or 4 times for lunch, talked to me about things that interested me. I didnt know it at that time but he was giving Dawah!

Basically he tried to connect with me without judging me or putting down any thing about me, or my culture, religion etc.

Every person is different and one size fits all will not work. I was younger, a student, working and studying, alone and away from close family in a different city than my own.

So someone who was nice to me, invited me to their homes, listened to me, fed me home cooked meals and just showed their humanity and their religion and culture to me, without being over bearing and judgemental helped me gain a differnt insight into Islam than the "other" side we have seen so much on tv.

He also gave me books and movie (asking me if it was okay before giving it to me!

4 Likes

Re: The Beauties Of Islam by wiegraf: 7:48pm On Feb 25, 2013
Why is there cancer here?
Re: The Beauties Of Islam by tolaniayo: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
plz peruse through well before commentaries
Re: The Beauties Of Islam by tolaniayo: 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
American poet, critic and author Colonel Donald S. Rockwell writes: "The simplicity of Islam, the powerful appeal and the compelling atmosphere of its mosques, the earnestness of its faithful followers, the confidence inspiring realization of millions throughout the world who answer the five daily calls to prayer, these factors attracted me from the first.

But after I had determined to become a follower of Islam, I found many deeper reasons for confirming my decision. The mellow concept of life -- fruit of the combined course of action and contemplation, the wise counsel, the admonitions to charity and mercy of the Prophet, , .

The broad humanitarianism, the pioneer declaration of women's rights, these and other factors of the teachings of the man of Makkah, were to me among the first obvious evidence of a practical religion so tersely and so aptly epitomized in the cryptic words of Prophet Muhammad, : 'Trust in God and tie your camel.' He gave us a religious system of normal action, not blind faith in the protection of an unseen force in spite of our own neglect, but confidence that if we do all things rightly and to the best of our ability, we may trust in what comes as the Will of God...

When I stood in the inspiring mosques of Istanbul, Damascus, Jerusalem, Cairo, Algiers, Tangier, Fez and other cities, I was conscious of a powerful reaction -- the potent uplift of Islam's simple appeal to the sense of higher things, unaided by elaborate trappings, ornamentation, figures, pictures, music and ceremonial ritual. The mosque is a place of quiet contemplation and self-effacement in the greater reality of the true God.

The democracy of Islam has always appealed to me. Potentate and pauper have the same rights on the floor of the mosque, on their knees in humble worship. There are no rented pews or special reserved seats.

The Muslim accepts no man as mediator between himself and his God. He goes direct to the invisible source of creation and life -- God -- without reliance on a saving formula of repentance of sins and belief in the power of a teacher to afford him salvation. The universal brotherhood of Islam, regardless of race, politics, color or country, has been brought home to me most keenly many times in my life, and this is another feature which drew me towards the Faith."

The baseless claim that Islam converted the peoples it had 'conquered by force' has also been refuted by prominent non-Muslims.

Mahatma Gandhi, for instance, writes in Young Indian, 1924:

"I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, , the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his absolute trust in God and his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every trouble."

James A. Michener writes in the Reader's Digest, under the title Islam: The Misunderstood Religion: "No other religion in history spread so rapidly as Islam. The West has widely believed that this surge of religion was made possible by the sword. But no modern scholar accepts that idea, and the Quran is explicit in support of the freedom of conscience."

Laurence E. Browne writes in The Prospects of Islam: "Incidentally, these well-established facts dispose of the idea so widely fostered in Christian writings about the Muslims, that wherever they went, they forced people to accept Islam at the point of the sword."

De Lay O'Leany also writes in Islam at Crossroads, London, 1923, p. 8: "History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims, sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fanatically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated."

It is worth mentioning here that it is absolutely wrong to judge Islam by the deteriorating condition of Muslims and the blatant corruption that pervades the Muslim world. What Islam preaches is one thing, and what so many Muslims nowadays practice is something else.

The only way whereby we do justice to Islam is to find out about its noble teachings, which are clearly set out at length in the Holy Quran and the Prophetic traditions. The famous popular singer, Cat Stevens, who later embraced Islam once observed: "It will be wrong to judge Islam in the light of the behavior of some bad Muslims who are always shown on the media.

It is like judging a car as a bad one if the driver is drunk and he bangs it into a wall. Islam guides all human beings in daily life -- in its spiritual, mental and physical dimensions. Nevertheless, we must find the sources of these instructions -- the Quran and the example of the Prophet, . Then we can see the idea of Islam."

What is generally said about Islam in the media and in many academic circles can also give a wrong idea about it. As Maurice Bucaille put it: "The totally erroneous statements made about Islam in the West are sometimes the result of ignorance, and sometimes of systematic denigration.

The most serious of all the untruths told about it are, however, those dealing with facts, for while mistaken opinions are excusable, the presentation of facts running contrary to reality is not. It is disturbing to read blatant untruths in eminently respectable works written by authors who a priori are highly qualified."

[From: A Glimpse at the Beauty of Islam]

2 Likes

Re: The Beauties Of Islam by FiftyFifty(m): 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2013
The beuty of Islam is countless. One good example is that NOTHING is left in the glorious Qur‘an. That made Islam a no follow-follow religion like “others“. We thank Allah for the gift of Islam.
Re: The Beauties Of Islam by tolaniayo: 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2013
these things u listed above are not in our scriptures....so its not part of our religion anybody that does that...thats for his personal interest...LOOK! TO KNOW ABOUT A RELIGION PERUSE DEEPLY THROUGH THEIR SCRIPTURES!!!

1 Like

Re: The Beauties Of Islam by onetrack(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
The issue is simply that Islam, like all religions, is man-made. The Quran reads like it was written by men; there is nothing godly about it (much like the Bible). There are many books more beautifully written than the Quran and Bible, and there are philosophers whose wisdom and depth of thought surpass anything in the Quran. (Yes I have read the Quran). In addition, the god of Abraham is clearly an evil god who does not deserve worship.
Re: The Beauties Of Islam by wiegraf: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2013
This thread is about islam. You have your own section. So again, what is it doing here?
Re: The Beauties Of Islam by tolaniayo: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
@wigraf...am sorry for posting it here coz am nascent here,am a new comer but of course you should have said it politely initially @onetrack ,you know nothing about islam..your thoughts about islam is totally wrong please make research n dnt depend on others knowlegde....i wudnt like us to disscus here again coz dis is nt our section.and am also interestd in you coz u knw nothin abt ISLAM.....
Re: The Beauties Of Islam by nobniger: 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
ISLAM IS BEAUTIFUL

Re: The Beauties Of Islam by nobniger: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
y

(1) (Reply)

What Is The muslims View On Life After Death? / Pics: Amazing!!!see What Bodly Appeared Inside A Mosque In Ilorin. / Wallahi Im Angry With Most So Called Nigeria Muslim Elites!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.