Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review (766 Views)

POST -your- Website/blog- For- REVIEW / Afam Where Are You,I Need Your Help / Dualcore & Afam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review by Gboy4ril1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2008
Good day,

I am please to Dedicated this website http://www.flexi-net.com/ to
my2cents & Afam for Review.

Though i just launch the website i am still working on the content of the site

I need my2cents & Afam to Review the site layout and written content of the site.

The reason for my2cents & Afam to Review this site is not because of anything both, they have prove to be more involved in web development & Programming.

i am looking forward for your comments.

Bye.
Re: Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review by my2cents(m): 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2008
in the words of dbanj (or skibanj as his jamaican friends call him cool):
why me o! u dey try me o! tongue

Anyways, on a serious note, I have never had a personal request so I feel honored and humbled to do this one in particular. I however don't like giving reviews based on one page as the secondary pages will most definitely look different from the home page. Be that as it may, here it goes:

1) I like the logo
2) I think you should tone down the blue and red colors. Right now, those 2 are screaming at each other, literally.
3) The Nigerian flag's size is not based on the original and it looks a little grainy. Find another flag. Also, get rid of the animation. I think it's distracting.
4) At the top of the page, <%@ Language=Inherit from Web site %> is showing up
5) Unless it is intentional (and I can't see why it would be), the thick gray border appears to be broken on the left-hand side
6) The 4 boxes in the content area. I see u used tables. Technically no problem. But I noticed that the the header section appears a little wider than the bottom section. Specifically, I am talking about the left, right and bottom borders of those tables. If you used CSS, you could have taken care of this easily by tweaking the CSS classes/ids but now you will have to modify your tables which cd b a pain. Also I think making the borders a different color from the headers looks a little tacky.

Once again, I am honored to get a personal request and I hope the above help. In the meantime, I think you would be doing a better justice to yourself by putting up some secondary pages, as static as they may be, and letting us review those as well.

Thanks, and good luck!
Re: Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review by prodgalson: 5:22pm On Mar 18, 2008
Chei, see implied yabbing. Abeg, email them directly next time,
If you dont want my 2 kobo, dont hold your hat open in my presence!

smiley
Re: Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review by goldenimp(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2008
hi,
i know im not 2cents or afam, but im just curious, whats a white chick and white men doing on a website that has a proudly nigerian flag displayed?
Re: Dedicated To My2cents & Afam For Review by Afam(m): 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
@G_boy4ril,

I believe my2cents have done justice to the site as regards review and I agree with him on all his comments.

If you guarantee that all the pages on that website regardless of the number will have a consistent look and feel then you will be home and dry.

Also make sure that you have a logical navigation that will make it easy for the visitor to know exactly where he/she is relative to the rest of the website.

Decide on time how you intend to update the website because properly maintaining a website is not an easy thing especially when you need to add, update or delete content.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Web Developer Needed Urgently / Www.wotszup.com / Need Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.