Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office (4176 Views)

Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Bilspop(m): 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2005
I hope you all have heard the news. No? Havent you heard that Gov. Ngige of Anambra state is to leave office in the next 20 days? The Electroral Tribunal sitting in Anambra has finally made us to know that the result of the 2003 election provided by INEC is a total fraud and the power has to be shifted to the ANPP candidate in the election.

I'm very delighted that a fair judgement is being passed in Nigeria right now. The people of Anambra will be free from Political trauma they have been experiencing. It's a new dawn in the Nigerian politics and we are all delighted we are facing the truth.

Hey people! Do you think the judgement was right? Anyone against the verdict of the tribunal? Lets share our views on this issue.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by hotangel2(f): 12:22am On Aug 13, 2005
I am happy that justice is prevailing. I guess the poilitical system in Nigeria is getting better.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Chxta(m): 9:49am On Aug 13, 2005
Good judgement. Hope the Appeal Court upholds the judgement.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Seun(m): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2005

LAGOS, Aug. 12 (Xinhuanet) -- An election petition tribunal sitting in the southeastern Nigerian state of Anambra on Friday overturned the election of governor Chris Ngige, more than two years into his renewable four-year term.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-08/13/content_3346594.htm
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by obong(m): 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2005
nigeria gets better by the day
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Bibi(m): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2005
Im sure it will take time to pass through Appeal court and if Ngige losses or win, another long time before supreme court.  Most probably Ngige will complete his 4 years before final Supreme court decision.

The whole legal process regarding election tribunals should be revisited to ensure fast delivery of justice, othewise, delivering judgment 2 or 4 years after the culprit has been in office is nothing but judicial robbery.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by kazey(m): 11:07pm On Aug 13, 2005
Hum Rigging grin.

Anywayz how many years remaining for the term in the office to finish?
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 12:27am On Aug 14, 2005
Chxta:

Good judgment. Hope the Appeal Court upholds the judgment.

Chris Uba once said
"We did not win the election. I have gone to church to confess. The election had no document. I called the result before 12 midnight. I gave INEC the money and asked them to call the result."
It is the case of the owl crying at night and the child dying in the morning.
This ruling with due respect to the tribunal is a great travesty of justice and a big slap to democracy.
It is not yet uhuru for the judiciary in Nigeria, the PDP brazenly raped democracy in the market place under the watchful eyes of the Judiciary.
The whole election from presidential to Councillorship was a farce.
This ruling only brings to fore a number of questions demanding urgent answers.
1. Why is Ngige's case an exception?
2. Since the judgment is predicated on criminal conduct of INEC officials, what action did the Tribunal recommend against the culprits as public officers?
3. What action has the appropriate government Agencies taken against Chris Uba who has since confessed his inglorious role in the saga?
4. Is this not an invitation to anarchy/chaos in Anambra State by the enemies of democracy?
[glow=red,2,300]I hereby offer free legal services to Ngige on his appeal ,with a formidable legal team from here on an advisory role. [/glow]
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 12:41am On Aug 14, 2005
Bibi:

Im sure it will take time to pass through Appeal court and if Ngige losses or win, another long time before supreme court.  Most probably Ngige will complete his 4 years before final Supreme court decision.

The whole legal process regarding election tribunals should be revisited to ensure fast delivery of justice, othewise, delivering judgment 2 or 4 years after the culprit has been in office is nothing but judicial robbery.
The matter does not proceed to the Supreme Court as the  Appeal Court is the final arbiter in matters of election of National Assembly and governorship positions under the 1999 Nigerian Constitution.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 1:11am On Aug 14, 2005
Bilspop:

I hope you all have heard the news. No? Havent you heard that Gov. Ngige of Anambra state is to leave office in the next 20days? The Electroral Tribunal sitting in Anambra has finally made us to know that the result of the 2003 election provided by INEC is a total fraud and the power has to be shifted to the ANPP candidate in the election.

I'm very delighted that a fair judgement is being passed in Nigeria right now. The people of Anambra will be free from Political trauma they have been experiencing. It's a new dawn in the Nigerian politics and we are all delighted we are facing the truth.

Hey people! Do you think the judgement was right? Anyone against the verdict of the tribunal? Lets share our views on this issue

It is not time for celebration.
for Sleep has been murdered in Anambra State.
The judgment in my opinion is a miscarriage of justice
and vendetta against Ngige by the Powers that be.
It is the hand of Esau, but the voice of Jacob.
The PDP as a party is gradually singing its dirge.
The world is watching!
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 1:19am On Aug 14, 2005
hot-angel:

I am happy that justice is prevailing. I guess the political system in Nigeria is getting better.
We owe it to ourselves, as well as to the international community, to demand for compliance with elements of transparency, fairness, and due process in all election matters before Nigerian tribunals, notwithstanding the differences in our political opinions.
PDP is acting the proverbial Dog that fails to hear/listen to the hunters whistle, when it is about getting lost in the bush.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Bilspop(m): 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2005
Anyway, let's wait and see what will come out of the journey to the appeal court. But my mind tells me the justice of the tribunal was right.

Infact, Peter Obi, the acclaimed winner of the election as said that he is sure he would win the case against Ngige at the appeal court and even if the case is taken to Baba God's court, he'll still emerge a winner. Anyway, that's nothing to go by. Let's just wait and see.

I know if this is true justice, no sleep have been murdered, but the people of the state will start to see the dividends of democracy.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2005
This judgment is regretable because , Anambra had the least of irregularities as compared to other state election .

Please find below the report of EU Election Observation Mission (EOM) to Nigeria - 2003 on the said election:

''The Presidential and a number of Gubernatorial Elections were marred by serious irregularities and fraud – in a certain number of States, minimum standards for democratic elections were not met.  EU EOM observers witnessed and obtained evidence of widespread election fraud in certain States.  Many instances of ballot box stuffing, changing of results and other serious irregularities were observed in Cross River, Delta, Enugu, Kaduna, Imo and Rivers. The elections in these States lack credibility and appropriate measures must be taken by the relevant authorities.

"Similar irregularities were observed to a lesser extent in a number of other States, including Anambra, Benue, Edo, Katsina and Nassarawa. These incidents undermined the integrity of the electoral process in these States.
Irregularities should be thoroughly investigated and addressed by the appropriate authorities without delay''.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Danasco(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2005
May God deliver us from the hands of our politician. This is another ground style to deny Ngige the chance to rule. Anambra has been visited with unhindered consequncial difficulties in recent times. It is a pity the country is growing towards negative direction. We all must stand on our feet to pray for this country. Only God can come to their rescue.

This is daylight robbery
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Seun(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2005
The ruling concerning Governor Chris Ngige of Anambra State, was yesterday described by Femi Falana, President of the West African Bar Association (WABA) as long over-due; while criminal manipulation of the April 2003 election process, which led to above verdict was described as unjustifiable.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=25286 username 'nairaland' pasword 'nairaland'
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by obong(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2005
pintos why do you care what the EU has to say about the matter? Nigerians should solve thier own affairs. I bet you the EU doesnt care what nigeria says about thier own elections. Besdies, these groups many times have thier own agenda in african politics
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by sage(m): 12:25am On Aug 16, 2005
i thought Ngige was begining to change things in Anambra, esp the roads.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 12:33am On Aug 16, 2005
I think Falana is talking about the whole election[Though he is an interested party]
and to that extent I agree
with him that there was wide spread irregularities in the conduct of the election.
including the Presidential one too.
Why is the President, 35 Governors, Members of both the Federal and State legislative arms still in office?
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 12:37am On Aug 16, 2005
obong:

pintos why do you care what the EU has to say about the matter? Nigerians should solve their own affairs. I bet you the EU doesnt care what nigeria says about their own elections. Besdies, these groups many times have their own agenda in african politics
Obong why won,t I care as a dancer how the drummer beats the Drums.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by obong(m): 1:22am On Aug 16, 2005
i dont understnd what you were trying to say about the drummer and drums. But basically africa will get better when we look internally. not wait for the EU to rubber stamp thier approval
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Philcool(m): 1:40am On Aug 16, 2005
I think Ngige is now just the only unmasked mascurade due to breach of the so called arrangee among the poli-fathers. He made the onlookers recognised the true voice of the secret singer in a traditional playground which was made to be kept from the viewers so I guess he is paying the price somehow.
There seems to be more to this than meets the eye.   rolleyes
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by afajack(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2005
Chris Uba once said
"We did not win the election. I have gone to church to confess. The election had no document. I called the result before 12 midnight. I gave INEC the money and asked them to call the result."
It is the case of the owl crying at night and the child dying in the morning.
This ruling with due respect to the tribunal is a great travesty of justice and a big slap to democracy.
It is not yet uhuru for the judiciary in Nigeria............the PDP brazenly raped democracy in the market place under the watchful eyes of the Judiciary.
The whole election from presidential to Councillorship was a farce.
This ruling only brings to fore a number of questions demanding urgent answers.
1. Why is Ngige's case an exception?
2. Since the judgment is predicated on criminal conduct of INEC officials, what action did the Tribunal recommend against the culprits as public officers?
3. What action has the appropriate government Agencies taken against Chris Uba who has since confessed his inglorious role in the saga?
4. Is this not an invitation to anarchy/chaos in Anambra State by the enemies of democracy?
[/color][color=#006600][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by afajack(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2005
May God deliver us from the hands of our politician.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by afajack(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2005
ANAMBRA SAGA : I'll win at Appeal Court, says Ngige
Anambra State Governor, Chris Ngige, is optimistic that the Appeal
Court would over turn the verdict of the tribunal which nullified his
election last Friday because of “the facts law

10 more banks get CBN nod to merge
About 10 bank groups may be granted Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN’s)
approval-in-principle to merge before consolidation ends on December

I’ve no apology over Abuja demolition exercise—El-Rufai
How to arrest decay in varsity system, by Okebukola
Why Conference rejected six-year single term, by Okunronmu
Don identifies how Nigeria can benefit from peace operations
Demolition: Royal father warns el-Rufai against flouting court order
NASU urges FG to constitute research commission
Farmers get Siamese twins in Delta
Legal Institute shops for N5b to build headquarters
IBB, Kalu’s posters flood Kwara
Rift in Imo PDP over proposed caretaker panel
S’East govs urge participation in census
Plateau Reps condemn plot to recall Lalong
Odili seeks Ghana’s support over UN seat
Communities threaten to abandon NNPC pipelines for vandals
Promote solid minerals in 2006, Miners tasks National Assembly
OPC flays petition against Gani Adams
Toxic waste: Our lives are threatened -Community
Dead policemen’s N764m trapped in Devcom Bank
Obasanjo, Atiku, govs to meet tax experts on reform
121 perish in Athens air crash
NCAA to dismantle illegal masts
Muogalu faults judgment against Ngige
South South leaders to meet in Uyo
APGA crisis: Okorie wants Iwu, Umeh prosecuted for contempt
Medical colleges urged to include administrative courses in curricula
Don’t panic over Lake Nyos, FG tells Nigerians
NTBE wants polys to award degrees, appoint professors
Obasanjo hails first made in Nigeria AIDS drug
Single currency ‘ll hasten ECOWAS integration – Ghana’s Central Bank
Anambra verdict: Triumph for democracy, judiciary - CNPP
500 youths for UN model conference
Caution Ogunlewe, FERMA, AD warns FG
Con artists invade MMA, rob Briton of money, valuables
Residents call for repair of Ijesha pedestrian bridge
Moslem students task FG on debt relief, Apo killings
Traders, beggars get two-week ultimatum to vacate highways
Tinubu swears in six new Tutors-General
NITEL bidder wants higher stake in Siemens
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by otokx(m): 4:23pm On Aug 17, 2005
ngige is a victim of circumstances; he is not the only member of ali baba and the 40 thieves.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Chxta(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2005
Governor Bola Tinubu must be trying very hard not to laugh. When Chris Ngige was expelled from the People’s Democratic Party, and Tinubu rushed to Awka to offer him sanctuary in the Alliance for Democracy, his response was that, having just escaped from a pool infested with sharks, he was not about to jump into one that was full of crocodiles – or words to that effect. Now see what has happened.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2005
Chxta:

Governor Bola Tinubu must be trying very hard not to laugh. When Chris Ngige was expelled from the People’s Democratic Party, and Tinubu rushed to Awka to offer him sanctuary in the Alliance for Democracy, his response was that, having just escaped from a pool infested with sharks, he was not about to jump into one that was full of crocodiles – or words to that effect. Now see what has happened.
Chxta, that is a good one.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by eunisam: 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2005
[move]Hhnnmm!!. I am happy that justice has been made on the issue of Mr peter Obi and Dr chris Ngige. Though we who are living in Anambra knows that Obi is the real winner of the 2003 election.May the appeal court uphold this justice amen. But tell me, for how long is Obi going to be a governor? why can't this so call Ngige step down now?[/move]
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2005
Ngige's endgame
By Reuben Abati
"Your friend Chris Ngige, His Excellency the Governor of Anambra State, is out." "Down, not out, please. The ruling of the election petition tribunal is not the end of the matter. He has the right of appeal. He says he will go to the Appeal Court and if he loses there, he will go to the ECOWAS court. The man is a fighter. If I were you, I will keep my fingers crossed. In this country, anything can happen."

"If I were Ngige I will pack my things, issue a n earth-shaking historic statement and leave now when the ovation is loudest. I think he has made his point. But the thing about politicians is that they are incurable optimists. Even when a politician sees that there is no road ahead, he would still want to try his luck. That is what Ngige is trying to do. I don't think he will win the appeal. And what is this thing about the ECOWAS Court? These days, every politician that has a case in court is heading towards the ECOWAS Court."

"But it is an interesting development in our legal system. Where you can prove for example that your basic human rights have been trampled upon and justice has been miscarried, the ECOWAS Court will grant you audience."

"A judicial ECOMOG. That is what it is. And I am not surprised that it is only Nigerian politicians that are exploiting it. So, if the Court of Appeal upholds the ruling of the election petition tribunal in Anambra, and the ECOWAS Court rules otherwise, then Ngige will remain in office? I don't see that happening."

"So are you saying that justice has been done in the Ngige case?"

"What is justice, please?"

"I should ask you"

"Justice is what the court of law says it is"

"Justice is what the people think it is. Justice must be seen to have been done."

"But justice is the rule of law"

"It is more than that. It is about the social order and the common good."

"More like the command of the sovereign. Once the state rules, that is justice. It is what the law-givers say it is"

"No. But how about truth?"

"What is truth? Who knows what the truth is? And what has that got to do with the Ngige case? This is not about the truth if I may say so."

"In my own opinion, we should be interested in the truth. So you see, truth is relative. And in the Ngige case, what has been advertised is that justice is also relative"

"How?"

"Okay, if you insist. The tribunal has ruled that Ngige did not win the election and that Peter Obi was the rightful winner of the Gubernatorial election in Anambra state in 2003. I believe that to be true. Afterall, we all know that there was no true election in 2003 in many states of the Federation. What the PDP did in 2003 was to organise a Tsunami against other political parties, they discounted the electorate and declared pre-determined results in many places. But it is not only Ngige that benefitted from that fraudulent process. Why is he the only one that will now be punished? Why is he the only Governor that is being removed? Could it be because certain persons do not like his face? Could it be that he is paying the price for offending some powerful people? These are questions that should be asked beyond the judgement."

"I am sorry, you are moralising. You cannot disagree with the election petition tribunal on moral grounds. A court of law deals with facts not moral sentiments."

"But it was the same election that brought Ngige to power that also gave the President victory in Anambra. I think we have to also go a step further and declare that President Obasanjo did not win in Anambra state."

"Again, you are wrong. The election petition tribunal was looking at Ngige's election, not the President's. A court of law cannot grant a prayer that is not presented before it. It is not a Father Christmas."

"But the tribunal should be interested in how its ruling will be perceived"

"Sorry, we are discussing a judicial process not a public opinion poll. Judges do not arrive at their rulings through public opinion polls."

"Thank you, bathroom lawyer. That is why people always say that the law is an ass, a silly ass. What I am saying is that we have to place the ruling in the Ngige case in context. You cannot quote the law and all those funny legal cliches to hide the fact that the Ngige matter is more political than legal. If it is about law, then most of these other Governors should not be in office today."

"If nobody challenges the legitimacy of their mandate; if their opponents sleep on their rights, then there is nothing anyone can do about that."

"How about conscience?"

" Conscience. What conscience? In Nigerian politics, conscience is dead. Even Ngige cannot talk about conscience. He knows for example, that he did not win the election. You and I also know that. Those who helped him to rig the election have confessed publicly. Even the PDP has declared that Ngige is no longer a member of the party, and that he is on his own. The man himself once confessed that he swore to an oath in a shrine so that he could become Governor. If he loses out in the struggle for power , I would say that he is the architect of his own fortunes and other politicians now and in the future ought to learn from his fall from high office."

"That is just one side of the story. This is a man whom certain forces in the PDP vowed to get out of power. On more than one occasion, they attacked the government house and chased him out of town and burnt down public buildings. Till date, nothing has been done to bring those hoodlums to justice. The impression I get is that the law has now been used to accomplish what the gangsters of Anambra could not achieve. When you give the common man the impression that the judicial process can be used to achieve pre-determined outcomes, you put a question mark on justice itself".

"But the law is the law. You cannot use the folklore surrounding a case to intimidate the judiciary".

"I am just curious that the members of the tribunal that ruled against Ngige left town immediately after delivering their judgement. Why didn't they wait?"

"Why should they wait? Once their assignment was over, they had no business hanging around? And in any case, who told you they ran out of Anambra state?"

"I heard"

"You are always hearing things. And what does it matter whether they stayed back or left town?"

"There could have been violent protests. And they could have been caught in a cross-fire. Ngige is a very popular Governor. The people of Anambra are saying that he is an action Governor who has brought development to the state."

"But there was no violence. And if there was, the Federal Government could have declared a state of emergency. And what is this thing about being a good Governor? That was not the issue before the tribunal. If the man did not win the election, then it does not matter what he has done while in office. Nothing can stand on nothing."

" I still feel that the situation with Ngige may change. Let's watch and see. What if the Court of Appeal drags the case till 2007."

"But the Court of Appeal is not going to do that. In fact, by December everything will be over. You will be surprised that the Court of Appeal will treat this case very quickly."

"And the ECOWAS court?"

"Is it the same ECOWAS court that is controlled by Nigeria?"

"I see the enemies of Ngige have everything well thought-out. It is a lose-lose situation when you are the victim in the crocodile-infested terrain of Nigerian politics."

"Forget it. All those PDP loudmouths who once said that the Anambra situation is a family affair, have you heard anybody saying anything? Ngige is the big orphan of Nigerian politics. When Boni Haruna was removed by the election petition tribunal as Governor of Adamawa state, he was reinstated by the Court of Appeal. When the Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom was removed by the state legislature, PDP bigwigs went there and changed his dismissal to resignation. But Ngige is on his own. He is being taught a lesson about power. For him, it is end game. And the substance of that endgame can be found in the reaffirmation of the power of the godfather in Nigerian politics. Once you fall out with the godfather, you are out."

"It is sad"

"But that is the level of Nigerian politics"

"But suppose Ngige wins at the Court of Appeal."

"An appeal is based on substance not mere wishes."

"But suppose he wins..."

"Until then. When that happens, let's talk again."

"You are definitely a Peter Obi man".

"No, you are mistaken. This is not about Ngige and Peter Obi. Even Peter Obi must know that if he eventually becomes Governor, he would have a burden of his own to carry."

"I hear he is now being addressed as His Excellency."

"What do you expect?"

"Political jobbers are already taking applications to him. People who want to be commissioners, special advisers and board members; they are not bothered that the man may be Governor for less than two years. They just want to get close to power."

"That is Nigerian politics for you. It is turn-by-turn politics."

"But what can anybody do in less than two years."

"In government, you can do a lot in six months."

"That is what Obi says, he says in six or twelve months he will transform Anambra state."

"But for him really, what matters is that justice has been done. He won an election. The PDP Tsunami that robbed him of victory has been reversed. I think we cannot start assessing him before he gets into office. For now, he and Ngige are both men of history"

"Fine. But I keep insisting that the big issues in the Anambra crisis are as follows: the integrity of the electoral process, the rights of the electorate, and the failure of the PDP as a political party. We still have to work out a programme for ensuring the credibility of our elections. That is very important as we move towards 2007"

"You have left out one other thing"

"And that is?"

"It is Ngige who is carrying the can for the electoral fraud in Anambra in 2003. I think for us to strengthen the electoral process, there must be special sanctions for anybody who organises fraud in anyway. It is not enough that Ngige is losing his seat. How about the INEC Commissioner for Anambra state in 2003. Who is he? He should be exposed and his failure thrown in his face. The persons who collated the results: they should be arrested and made to answer certain questions. The moment electoral officers begin to go to jail for allowing and facilitating electoral malpractice, you'd be surprised that we will make progress."

"One other thing. Ngige is being removed as Governor two years after he was sworn in. I think for future purposes, election petitions should be determined before anybody is sworn into office. When you remove a Governor or the President mid-way into his tenure, you destabilise the system. You create undue tension. This must be an issue for the National Assembly to worry about in composing the electoral law for the 2007 elections."

"Yeah, you are right."

"Chris Uba must be having a good laugh. Even Mbadinuju, the former Governor of Anambra must be so happy. After he was forced out by the PDP, that state has not known any peace."

"Well... maybe it is Mbadinuju's witchcraft at work"

"What do you mean witchcraft? Don't let Mbadinuju sue you oh, and then use you to gain public attention"

"You mean you do not know that there is witchcraft in Nigerian politics? In fact, it is 70 per cent witchcraft, 20 per cent thuggery and 10 per cent politics."

"You are saying that there is nearly no politics in Nigerian politics."

"Well, do you have a different opinion?"

".Ngige should know that he is playing an end-game. And the game is up. He's been checkmated."

© 2003 - 2005 @ Guardian Newspapers Limited (All Rights Reserved).
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Greatpeter(m): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2005
It won't happen.
Thesame state had senatorial and presidential election.
So if those ones stood Ngige's election should also stay.

If Supreme court rule and upheld Baba's election saying there was irregularities for sure but were not sufficient to nullify the elections as it has no clear alteration of the so called election then Ngige ride on.

Court of appeal will uphold his elections.
I am cock sure.

PDP is behind this.
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by pintos(m): 8:22pm On Aug 19, 2005
PDP want to be relevant in Anambra State.
I can bet my plate of 'Akpu' alias Santana or White and White,
that Ngige go negotiate and Obi go hear different story.
No matter the accelerated hearing given to it by the Court of Appeal,
because of the issues arising as grounds of Appeal, the matter go last for not less than 24months.
You want try Nigerian Lawyers for this kind matter?
The Court of Appeal go see all kinds of Frivolous applications in inform of interlocutory prayers...before we go come to the real appeal grounds,
I even hear say Ngige dey come with more than 1,000,000.00 Lawyers. Infact before his lawyers go finish to announce their appearances finish, Court don adjourn for more than 250 times/days and how many days be that?
Ngige go done enter second term before Appeal finish and PDP go don Die then.
Watch out
Re: Anambra: Governor Ngige Asked to Leave Office by Greatpeter(m): 8:30pm On Aug 19, 2005
Thank you pinto you understand our judicial politics well enough.

But Ngige might not win second time in Anambra.

Enemy don pass friend for Ngige, but he will surely finish this tenure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan’s Village Gets Federal University / Shehu Shagari Throws A Bombshell At Buhari: Quit Now / Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.