Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta (11849 Views)

13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Hezbollah Terror Cell Uncovered In Kano / Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Feedmemore(f): 7:47am On Feb 27, 2013
BY Austin Ogwuda

…as Uduaghan insists on not signing death penalty law
Asaba”DELTA State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, weekend, explained why he would not sign into law, the Bill passed by the state House of Assembly, prescribing death penalty for kidnappers, describing the Bill as a duplication of efforts.

He also said that a school for training of kidnappers had been uncovered in the state.

Speaking at Unity Hall at Government House, Asaba,  on questions posed to him at a town hall meeting during the visit of the Good Governance tour team, led by Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, to the state, he said:  œAs a state government, we have been dealing with kidnapping. Presently, we have been able to identify some hot spots in the state, what are called the red spots, where kidnappers are trained. We have identified those areas.

We are strategising on security for those areas and that is why, in the last few weeks, you could see that the incidence of kidnapping has gone down. There are other strategies we are still working on to deal with kidnapping, which I cannot disclose here.

Another question is, why are we having issues with death penalty for kidnappers? There is already a death penalty in our laws. Every kidnapper is an armed robber, I believe, so I don't know why we are talking today of death penalty for kidnappers. When you go to court, the case is usually kidnapping/armed robbery. Why do I have to sign another law for kidnappers?

Once you are a kidnapper, you are also an armed robber. The law is already there to sentence kidnappers to death. And I must say that in this state, in the last few months, our judges have been bold enough to convict many kidnappers. They are working hard to sentence more kidnappers.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/feb/26/309.html

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by pastie(m): 8:17am On Feb 27, 2013
grin
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by manny4life(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2013
And someone opposes state security that are closest to the people, these are people who will flush out societal ills like this...

Well boys are not smiling... grin

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 27, 2013
@OP I hope their fee is not as high as LASU oh.
BTW,when is their form coming out?

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by kuzzieOtiz: 9:12am On Feb 27, 2013
looool WTF cheesy cheesy
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2013
undecided
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2013
Is the school offering accredited courses?
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Fruittyswaqboii(m): 9:15am On Feb 27, 2013
Hahaha na wa for this country
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by ndlife: 9:16am On Feb 27, 2013
Kidnappers training school....hahahahah I laugh in soweto cheesy
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by azpekuliar: 9:18am On Feb 27, 2013
Failing State!
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by valicious1(m): 9:19am On Feb 27, 2013
Guy I tot ur whole article wld be based on the topic of ur post but it waz mention in just a line outta d whole article. angry # quiet dissapointing #
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Ahmed0336(m): 9:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Funny country grin
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by theripper: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2013
The final semester courses for the school go make sense die.
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by leslieu63(m): 9:24am On Feb 27, 2013
crap.......continues eating my starch and banga soup
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2013
How much is their tuition fee and what's the application procedures?. This is one university where you are sure of a well paying job after graduating and you don't even need to go to nysc. grin. God punish the devil. Nigeria is one funny country
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Temismith(f): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2013
I refuse to comment.
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by scobaba: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2013
Training school kor, induction class ni. Nothing like dat joor, I stay and work in Delta state. Ds guys are not trained anything. The security system is so porous,you don't need any special training to carry it out. Na NIKITA?. Ds guys just shoot sporadically in the air while targeting the main culprit to be kidnapped. Sometimes they come into people's homes to rob then leave with one person so as to get more cash from the particular family.

Although they have warehouses or something like dat where they keep kidnapped victims(as a friend said, when his fada was kidnapped).

Government should be on the lookout for such places.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by Johnsonjoye(m): 9:29am On Feb 27, 2013
[quote author=Feed me more]
BY Austin Ogwuda

…as Uduaghan insists on not signing death penalty law
Asaba”DELTA State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, weekend, explained why he would not sign into law, the Bill passed by the state House of Assembly, prescribing death penalty for kidnappers, describing the Bill as a duplication of efforts.

He also said that a school for training of kidnappers had been uncovered in the state.

Speaking at Unity Hall at Government House, Asaba,  on questions posed to him at a town hall meeting during the visit of the Good Governance tour team, led by Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku, to the state, he said:  œAs a state government, we have been dealing with kidnapping. Presently, we have been able to identify some hot spots in the state, what are called the red spots, where kidnappers are trained. We have identified those areas.

We are strategising on security for those areas and that is why, in the last few weeks, you could see that the incidence of kidnapping has gone down. There are other strategies we are still working on to deal with kidnapping, which I cannot disclose here.

Another question is, why are we having issues with death penalty for kidnappers? There is already a death penalty in our laws. Every kidnapper is an armed robber, I believe, so I don't know why we are talking today of death penalty for kidnappers. When you go to court, the case is usually kidnapping/armed robbery. Why do I have to sign another law for kidnappers?

Once you are a kidnapper, you are also an armed robber. The law is already there to sentence kidnappers to death. And I must say that in this state, in the last few months, our judges have been bold enough to convict many kidnappers. They are working hard to sentence more kidnappers.

http://odili.net/news/source/2013/feb/26/309.html

UNIKID in Naija... Na waooo
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by a1solution: 9:32am On Feb 27, 2013
valicious1: Guy I tot ur whole article wld be based on the topic of ur post but it waz mention in just a line outta d whole article. angry # quiet dissapointing #
dont mind the op
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by ochukoccna: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2013
Kidnapping school
WTF!
Do they issue degrees,diploma or certificates?
Do the courses have on tge job training?
Are work study schemes included?
Wetin man no go hear for Nigeria
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by omicron(m): 9:40am On Feb 27, 2013
Hmmm, that means some of these guys kidnapping ppl may actually be final year kidnapping students executing their final year projects. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by 1shortblackboy: 9:52am On Feb 27, 2013
GRADES FOR PROOJECT. Oyibo expatriate ---- A. Politician (FG level)--- B. Politician (state level)--- C. Successfull business men ___ D. Nigerian oil company worker --E. Indiand and lebaneese ---------F

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by akatonero(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2013
sad sad sad
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by babseg(m): 9:54am On Feb 27, 2013
Wetin be their course synopsis.
How many years of study.
Will their IT and where can one be attached.
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by yuzedo: 9:55am On Feb 27, 2013
If government wont create jobs and vocational training centres, the people will help themselves! grin
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by ocelot2006(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2013
AREA!!
AREA!!
AREA!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by packetbillz: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2013
Badt pple.
Re: Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta by safarigirl(f): 10:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Where do they go for their IT?
Are they recognised by JAMB?

I assume Asari Dokubo and Tompolo must be lecturers there

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Official, Anthony Nwokorie Killed By Unknown Gunmen In Imo Buried / Anambra Supplementary Election: What Is Happening In Your Area? / Enugu Commences Rehabilitation Of 9th Mile Crash Programme With Solar Boreholes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.