Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

A Day In The Life... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Day In The Life... (714 Views)

How Lust For A Teenage Girl Ruined The Life Of An Innocent Boy / My Last Day In School (complete story) / Africa to Europe: The Life Of Miss Maria : Season 1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Day In The Life... by blueandred: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
'My dear, so how much did you say I have to bring? You know this must be the event of the century. I want people to be talking about this party until next year at least'. The heavy set woman, thick madam as she liked to be called, lifted her head in my direction. She was smiling even as she asked me how much I had told her we would require to organise her 60th birthday party. She was one of those serious Lagos socialites who enjoyed partying, both attending and organising. This would be the second party I would be organsisng for her this year already! Where did these people get all the money? I wondered. I told her the amount I had already written in the proposal I brought with me.
The traffic was spiritual today. And the heat? We must have offended God too much in Lagos state. These were my thoughts as I left Thick Madam's place. Honestly I envy those in cold regions right now. I tried changing the levels of my AC but its as though the heat increases. As I struggled through the traffic at jibowu, I suddenly noticed a mad man appear from nowhere and sling something in a nylon bag over the black Nissan murano ahead of me. I wonder what kind of spirit is following the person in that car. How can a mad man throw something over you, ah! Wahala! Thank God it was not over me o, I pray silently.
My phone rings and I answer. It is a client who is getting mrried in two months time. We were scheduled to meet at a cake tasting at ikeja but she was calling to let me know she would be late.
Vivian called as I got close to the office. Vivian or viv as I called her is my bff. She still worked in the bank where I resigned from.
"viv you won't believe I have been in traffic for two and a half hours!"
"Ah ah, from where to where?"
"I don't blame you, sebi you are in your office, enjoying AC."
"Na me send you go hustle? No be you wan be business woman?"
We gisted for several minutes updating each other on the day and promising to get together at the weekend.
I was so hungry by the time I finally got home. I only just realised that I had not eaten anything since breakfast. As I made to open the door of my apartment, I noticed water trickling out under the door. My heart leapt into my mouth as I imagined what it could mean. As I opened the door I immediately saw that the rug was soaked with water! I hear the sound of water running and trace it to the bathroom. My sister must have forgotten to turn off the tap in the morning. I sink into a chair, tired even at the thought of the clean up required. Ah, what a day.
Re: A Day In The Life... by Emyo(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2013
Its a wahoo
Re: A Day In The Life... by oyestephen(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
Phew...what a day ?

(1) (Reply)

Just For Laugh: Einstein’s Chauffeur / Can Anyone Recommend A Book Like "Things Fall Apart" But With Yoruba Slant? / As A Writer Who Is (are) Your Mentor(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.