Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,020 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison (755 Views)

Alex Iwobi Wasn't Poison But Rather He Suffered From... / Arsenal Midfielder, Alex Iwobi Suffers Food Poison In Nigeria / An Evening With Idowu Otubusin (Slow Poison) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison by Cassiel(f): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2008
As entertaining and skillful as this quick passing thing is,its kind of becoming a disadvantage to Arsenal because they tend to overdo it.Instead of a player taking a shot at goal,he wants to make a quick pass   When they need to play long-range balls,especially when pressed for time,they want to make a quick pass   When a player is right there in the 18-yard box with an opportunity to score,he wants to make a quick pass   When a player is to be substituted,he wants to make a quick pass grin grin   Arsenal is always looking for the perfect goal.And it almost never comes.Yet they don't seem to realize that.
Other teams now realize that the quick-passing style is Arsenal's only style of play. So all a smart team has to do is give Arsenal absolutely zero space to do their quick passing.When Arsenal is given no chance to quick-pass,they become almost helpless.And that's not how a winning team should play.They should not limit themselves so much that they become predictable.
For Arsenal's game against Liverpool,all Liverpool have to do is crowd Arsenal in,give them no space whatsoever.And attack like crazy.Arsenal's defense always make mistakes when under serious pressure.Senderos can verify that grin  What i'm not sure of now is whether Liverpool can apply the sort of pressure they need to on Arsenal in order to crack 'em up and beat 'em.Because if they can't,Arsenal's going to win.
But my point is,i think Arsenal limit themselves with their quick passing,especially when they over-do it. And as everybody can testify,entertainment football doesn't always yield results.
Re: Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison by ituen(m): 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2008
Good commentary from a girl
Re: Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison by nyabinghi(m): 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2008
Arsenal though play good football but they don't play the best football. They rely on fast counter to catch people on the break. if u watch well most clubs try to stifle united most when playing man u, even the famed gunners go 4-5-1 against united, cos united's wing play will wreck any team on a Good day. Arsenal's passing game is pleasing to the eye though, but i prefer united, wing play most, get to the byline cross and its in the net. United has created the most beautiful moves that ended in goals this season. In my own opinion though
Re: Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison by hustler(m): 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
Arsenal's passing game is a delight to watch especially in a league where it was almost becoming a requirement to be able to play the boring long ball game to qualify as an EPL team. But then it is just recently that have started re-adjusting by whipping in crosses for Bayo to nod home. Previous seasons they would want to walk the ball into the net which i considered very arrogant especially when they were playing the lower teams.

If you watch teams like Roma and Barca which play a very similar style u would notice that they incorporate long passes,short passes,long range shots.e.tc. the total package into their games.

But credit to Wenger for creating an entertaining brand of football into the EPL.
Re: Entertainment football: Arsenal's poison by bgees(m): 8:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
Yes,credit to wenger.he even gets the best players who can play that style. Arsenal can even play long ball(d everton style)when they being caged.remember the man utd match at d emirates(2-2)
But most epl teams seem to have masterd arsenal's style of play.and i think that doesnt go well for arsenal.

(1) (Reply)

Soccernigeriaforum.com Is Now Live! / The Most Shocking History About The Fifa World Cup. / Learning From The Chinese, Why Cant Nigeria Invest In Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.