Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,711 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

Nigeria Movie Critics - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria Movie Critics (983 Views)

The Hit, The First Nigeria Movie That Has Caught My Cynical Attention / The Best Nigeria Movie Of All Time / Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Movie Critics by femslove(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hello everyone

Series of discussion have been on air over a month now on the possible solution to assist the Nigeria film makers.

Do you think the best solution in solving the problems affecting Nigeria Independent film markers is to establish a 'film consultancy firm' where film makers can come for advice on various aspects of film development such as budgeting, marketing, screen writing, distribution and exhibition?

Comments and opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by ijebabe: 1:32am On Feb 28, 2013
Please op, I can't laugh grin
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by nellaluv(f): 2:15am On Feb 28, 2013
@ijebabe,
You lied, i can see ur 32 grin
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by ijebabe: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2013
Its not my fault, the op is funny grin

Nollywood is improving small small, just like our electricity.
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by dubem3(m): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2013
^^^how can u be this wicked?
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by Owen2(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
Its been a slow progress but there's hope.
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by Tolexander: 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
femslove: In an effort to improve the quality of Nigerian film productions, the country’s president, Goodluck Jonathan, pledged in 2010 to create a $200 million loan fund to help finance film projects.
I PLEDGE to Nigeria my country, to be faithful loyal and honest! This is a norm in every school's assembly. How many nigerian students' actualise the pledge after leaving the assembly ground where the pledge was recited?
Seems you've forgotten that GEJ that made the pledge is also a nigerian. So far he made the pledge doesn't mean he actualised the pledge.
The first question you should have asked is if the money was disbursed to the industry before making a further step to criticize their developement!
I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by ijebabe: 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2013
dubem3: ^^^how can u be this wicked?
Lol! I'm just teasing. We know the electricity problem will never be fixed grin
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by VillageBoi(m): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
Tolexander: I PLEDGE to Nigeria my country, to be faithful loyal and honest! This is a norm in every school's assembly. How many nigerian students' actualise the pledge after leaving the assembly ground where the pledge was recited?
Seems you've forgotten that GEJ that made the pledge is also a nigerian. So far he made the pledge doesn't mean he actualised the pledge.
The first question you should have asked is if the money was disbursed to the industry before making a further step to criticize their developement!
I rest my case!

In addition to the good points you made, I think the $200m plegde is an 'entertainment' fund... not just for 'Nollywood' and 'films'.
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by Jayboy124: 8:20am On Mar 01, 2013
Crowdsourcing might be our answer.
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by VillageBoi(m): 8:50am On Mar 01, 2013
Jayboy124: Crowdsourcing might be our answer.

I kinda threw that as a question out there once. The responses were - hmmmmmm! I think it will be quite hard to get Naija people to support such. Let me see if I can find what I wrote somewhere and paste it here... one sec.

It was a topic I called 50,000 Nigerians

"Hello my people, how una dey?

The last few days got me thinking! We've all read the 'Half of a Yellow Sun' controversy (which is definitely going to turn into ticket sales to 'Nigerians').

Are we really vexed or are we justy big-mouth noise-makers? If we want to tell our stories 'our' way then what is stopping us?

On a recent thread someone said something about... (this section edited out) ...No reason such a thing can't work... SO...

Do you think at least 50,000 Nigerians would jump on a 'Naija' KICKSTARTER film project for $5 each... yes a minimum of just five dollas.
I know fully well I would back it with so much more than just $5. I've backed 'oyinbo' stuff on 'kickstarter', why not a Nigerian film? (Another edit from 'other' source)
Plenti members dey here... let them link all their 'friends' on FB and other sites and the 'linked' friends link all of theirs and so on... a chain reaction could easily get 100,000 people on board.

Question is... "Would we?"

This was a place with thousands of people and only about 'FIVE' would. We Nigerians are a very, very tough bunch; most Naija people definitely won't as one of the guys there had a brilliant book out and after all the talk, talk, talk how many people actually supported him by buying it? Hardly any.

Jayboy the sad truth is this - forget our over holy public crap - our 'true' actions are as follows -
A Naija man will straight up not support it because you're not a girl he's trying to sleep with
A Naija woman will not support it as she's looking for 10 guys to pay full amount for the same plastic hair... or shoe & bag & rent

Also note, that is a 'general view', I know there are people out there that will.
Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by Jayboy124: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
My own suggestion some time ago was 20k Naira by 50 people. Can't remember getting any response. Think it was on a facebook group or so. Before I said it, there was a lot of talk about how crappy Nollywood was (I did a lot of that in the past too). I can't remember getting any response.

So, hopefully, we'll find people someday who wanna see movies made. Then, hopefully also, the crowdsourcing thing would work too.

But the talk about government giving people money to make films, that's the least of our problems as a nation. Any money that should be raised should be started by people like us who wanna see some changes.

I'm glad you understand and believe in crowdsourcing.

And about the Half of a Yellow Sun controversy, I wish those were part of the noise would gather so we can all raise some money, probably buy the rights to Purple Hibiscus and then produce it. But again, that'll likely take 10 years, loooooool.

VillageBoi:

I kinda threw that as a question out there once. The responses were - hmmmmmm! I think it will be quite hard to get Naija people to support such. Let me see if I can find what I wrote somewhere and paste it here... one sec.

It was a topic I called 50,000 Nigerians

"Hello my people, how una dey?

The last few days got me thinking! We've all read the 'Half of a Yellow Sun' controversy (which is definitely going to turn into ticket sales to 'Nigerians').

Are we really vexed or are we justy big-mouth noise-makers? If we want to tell our stories 'our' way then what is stopping us?

On a recent thread someone said something about... (this section edited out) ...No reason such a thing can't work... SO...

Do you think at least 50,000 Nigerians would jump on a 'Naija' KICKSTARTER film project for $5 each... yes a minimum of just five dollas.
I know fully well I would back it with so much more than just $5. I've backed 'oyinbo' stuff on 'kickstarter', why not a Nigerian film? (Another edit from 'other' source)
Plenti members dey here... let them link all their 'friends' on FB and other sites and the 'linked' friends link all of theirs and so on... a chain reaction could easily get 100,000 people on board.

Question is... "Would we?"

This was a place with thousands of people and only about 'FIVE' would. We Nigerians are a very, very tough bunch; most Naija people definitely won't as one of the guys there had a brilliant book out and after all the talk, talk, talk how many people actually supported him by buying it? Hardly any.

Jayboy the sad truth is this - forget our over holy public crap - our 'true' actions are as follows -
A Naija man will straight up not support it because you're not a girl he's trying to sleep with
A Naija woman will not support it as she's looking for 10 guys to pay full amount for the same plastic hair... or shoe & bag & rent

Also note, that is a 'general view', I know there are people out there that will.

Re: Nigeria Movie Critics by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hmmmmm grin

(1) (Reply)

CEO Dancers WOW On British Got Talent / Mobile Number Portability Adverts.what Do You Think? / Seasonal Movies Download Link Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.