Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,407 members, 7,836,639 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today (11059 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Photos From President's Jonathan's Visit To Maiduguri Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by taharqa: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
omenka:

You took those words right out of my fingers!
That President once said 'I would die for Nigeria' and in thesame breath decleared in the media chat before the last 'I can't go to maiduguri for obvious reasons'! Indeed, one can't 'not give a damn' and at dsame time, give all damns! Who be learner??

If you are expecting him to 'Die in Borno', u guys hv already FAILED Woefully. He will remain President till 2015 Or 2019, as d case may be.

If una like mk d FRUSTRUCTION of such realisatn KILL una; Na una Sabi....

4 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by PrinceDudu(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
MAI.DO.GU Wetin undecided My hand no dey O!
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by gramci: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
lacasa: Very brave n progressive of the APC smiley

Bt the slow poke called president cnt visit that same state.

APC 2015 cool

Join the Progressives, Be a Progressive cool

Your evil plans won't work, am sure your yaradua visited the creek.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
dem buhari don give boko haram chill pill just for today... HAHA BOKO HARAM ON BREAK COS THEIR BOSSES ARE MEETING..... talk is cheap pple. RIDE ON GEJ. ona wey gt d balls, aw many girls una dn give belle?

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by phemybof(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
Nice mov by APC,its makes sense.jus leav dat WIDOW n WIDOWER alone,dey wil soon be remove. Govnor of d year FASHOLA, Amiable govnor S/W AREGBESOLA. Any hausa as prsdnt, FASHOLA as vic-prsdnt, AREGBESOLA as SENATE-PRSDNT.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by ckkris: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
CPC=APC=BH,

all owned by buharam,

financed bx Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Pontaboki: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2013
If this is a plot,God forbid,it will not work.Boko boys and Ansaru are all youth wings of APC and they will seize fire.Una wan drag Gej go there finish am,Ndi Ara,Lekwa ha,ha choro igbum.Buhari and his brothers should resolve the mess the have made the North to be.

8 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by gramci: 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pontaboki :
If this is a plot,God forbid,it will not work.Boko boys and Ansaru are all youth wings of APC and they will seize fire.Una wan drag Gej go there finish am,Ndi Ara,Lekwa ha,ha choro igbum.Buhari and his brothers should resolve the mess the have made the North to be.

Don't mind them, GEJ won't fall for this

4 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by grafikii: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Nice move

1 Like

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by nochio(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Guess that's their HQ

1 Like

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by gramci: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
slickrick7: dem buhari don give boko haram chill pill just for today... HAHA BOKO HARAM ON BREAK COS THEIR BOSSES ARE MEETING..... talk is cheap pple. RIDE ON GEJ. ona wey gt d balls, aw many girls una dn give belle?

Gbam!
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by tolsaac: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
[quote author=taharqa] If you are expecting him to 'Die in Borno', u guys hv already FAILED Woefully. He will remain President till 2015 Or 2019, as d case may be... If una like mk d FRUSTRUCTION of such realisatn KILL una. Nobody cares[/quote
It would not work.
GEJ time up!
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by GARRIx7(m): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
Taharqa is‎​ sounding silly!!

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by gramci: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
nochio: Guess
that's their HQ

With buhari they are covered
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by SlyIg(f): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
ichidodo: Good.What about Peter Obi is he coming to the parry? wink
peter Obi na ABGA/PDP.
By d way, it seems you d go d parry o...
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Yeeyo: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
The colection of boko haram leadaz ar in maiduguri 4 reinforce dia membaz, 4 more diztruction.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by GARRIx7(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Their going to Maiduguri is‎​ meant to make a statement, a STRONG STATEMENT which half-brained toads can't decipher....

cool

5 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by gramci: 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
bappahman: Buy goin to maiduguri they hav shown more balls than the federal govt

Namadi Sambo was there earlier
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by ichidodo: 1:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
SlyIg:
peter Obi na ABGA/PDP.
By d way, it seems you d go d parry o...
With my bullet proof vest. grin
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by ckkris: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Their going to Maiduguri is‎​ meant to make a statement, a STRONG STATEMENT which half-brained toads can't decipher....

cool

MORE BOMBS. From Iran. Make Nigeria ungovernable. Well deciphered
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by ikweremilitant: 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
rhema4u: GEJ: Gentlemen, there I were resting and upon a sudden I hear an ungodly roar on deck. Sailors abandoning their posts without orders without me, men before the mast taking the ship for themselves. What be that firstmay?

Sambo: Mutiny...

GEJ: Again!

Sambo: Mutiny Captain...

GEJ: Aye mutiny, and what fate befalls mutiny, now we know the answer to that do we not? Mutiny is .........

walk d plank
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
ITS IS MY RIGHT TO VOTE WHOM I DEEM FITS TO LEAD MY COUNTRY OUT OF THIS MESS.TO MAKE MY LIFE MY FAMILY MY NEIGHBOUR MY COMMUNITY MY STATE MY REGION MY BELOVED COUNTRY BETTER IN ALL ASPECT OF LIFE. SO I WILL VOTE FOR APC.

4 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by hammedkola(m): 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
They are here already, I saw their convoy heading to government house en route Damboa road

3 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by therajoys: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
By the time Boko Haram wake up from their slumber, APC Govs will take off. hehehee grin grin grin
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
They want to negociate dia fellow boko haram member.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by ichidodo: 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
Sai APC, Sai Tinubu, Sai Buhari, Sai Nigeria.#jumpingaboutwithdagger#
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by emmasege: 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
I'd counsel that they tread softly and minimize their flying about. air accident still dey happen for naija o, and politicians are now the most vulnerable. And why all these incessant meetings?, do they still have time for governance at all?. these meetings and the alliance do not go without financial consumption and commitments. I can't imagine how poor some states will be after 2015 elections, when these APC govs would have been ousted and PDP still retains its grip over the nation's wealth.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by omenka(m): 2:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Taharqa is‎​ sounding silly!!

cheesy

U dey mind am? The only gimick that had been working for the PDP, which was to play the religious card, no longer seems viable since Nigerians are now smarter, so they've resorted to character assasination. But it is on record that ALL MAJOR SUSPECTS OF TERRORIST ATACKS captured so far have proven links to only PDP! Some established links include pdp governors, senators, and even the vice president! Azazi as well gave credence to this fact.

There's no hiding place for u pple anymore. Beyond 2015, I see the president, Anenih, VP, many govnors, alot of NASS members, et al, all doing tym with hard labour. They cringe with fear at this scenario, but sadly, there is no escaping it.

APC all the way!

6 Likes

Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Akpaife(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
mu2sa2: Even with boko haram maiduguri is safer than many other state capitals. SE and SS cities are infact den of robbers, kidnappers and ritual killers- terribly unsafe.
Soon u will see d result of boko harm maiduguri d land of terro
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by Policewoman(f): 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
bappahman: Opposition governors who met in Lagos on February 5 and unanimously endorsed a merger plan ahead of 2015 will meet today in Maiduguri in continuation of their series of meetings towards actualising the plan.
The governors and their parties have already agreed to register a new political party, the All Progressive Congress (APC), under which platform they plan to dislodge the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Today’s meeting is expected to discuss developments after the Lagos meeting, Daily Trust learnt.
Governor of Zamfara State, Abdul’aziz Yari (ANPP), yesterday arrived in Maiduguri in company of some of his commissioners and advisers. The advanced parties of some of the governors also arrived.
Those expected at the meeting include the five governors from the Action Congress of Nigeria-controlled states viz; Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Abiola Ajumobi (Oyo) and Rauf Aregbesola (Osun). The sixth ACN governor, Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State who was absent at the Lagos meeting is expected at the Maiduguri meeting today.
Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha (APGA); Nasarawa State Governor Umaru Tanko Almakura (CPC); Zamfara State Governor Abdulaziz Yari (ANPP); Yobe State governor Ibrahim Gaidam (ANPP) and host governor Kashim Shettima (ANPP) will also be part of the meeting.
Daily Trust observed that preparations for the meeting had gone far at the government house in Maiduguri where the meeting is expected to hold.
Secretary to the Borno State government Ambassador Baba Ahmed Jidda is chairing the committee set up by Governor Kashim Shettima to ensure the success of the meeting.
A member of the committee who spoke to our correspondent last night said: “The essence of the meeting of the governors in Maiduguri is to concretize the solid foundation the opposition governors have laid. The ultimate goal of the APC is dislodge the PDP by 2015 and entrench a virile democracy”.
After a four-hour closed door meeting at the Lagos House, Marina on February 5, host governor, Fashola, said the meeting was “essentially about the concerns on Nigeria and the way forward,” adding that key decisions were taken at the end of the meeting.
He dismissed insinuations that the merger plans would die before arrival, saying the drive behind it would produce some of the best hands the nation could boast of.
Reading the communiqué issued at the end of the meeting, Governor Shettima said the governors reviewed the situation in the country and resolved to endorse the merger initiative with a primary intention to fix Nigeria.
He said, “This must be done as progressive and patriotic leaders of our people across party, religious and geopolitical zones. “We are concerned about the state of the nation and in the interest of our people we deliberated on what can be done to rescue our country.
“As governors, we fully endorse the merger initiatives already commenced by our various political parties. Nigeria is greater than all of us and we have a duty to make it work for our people and the future.”
Governor Yari said the brains behind the merger would offer a better political option to what the nation had witnessed since her return to democracy in 1999.
He said, “The objective is to fix Nigeria in the right perspective. Go and ask many people outside here whether they are happy since 1999 till date. It is a duty for all of us as leaders to drive our people right and we believe the PDP has done less.
“We have the knowledge and progressive idea to move the country forward, so if you say that we intend to move the PDP out of power, yes we are ready to do that.”
Governor Okorocha said the move would prevent any chance by the government at the centre to turn the nation to a one-party state.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/51592-apc-10-oppostition-govs-meet-in-maiduguri
Governor Rochas is nothing but a political harlot. Who told him the SE and SS is interested in that yeye alliance? Smdh.
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by TheBlackPrince: 2:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
rhema4u: GEJ: Gentlemen, there I were resting and upon a sudden I hear an ungodly roar on deck. Sailors abandoning their posts without orders without me, men before the mast taking the ship for themselves. What be that firstmay?

Sambo: Mutiny...

GEJ: Again!

Sambo: Mutiny Captain...

GEJ: Aye mutiny, and what fate befalls mutiny, now we know the answer to that do we not? Mutiny is .........

;Dsimply wonderful.mutuny it is
Re: APC: Opposition Governors To Meet In Maiduguri Today by ACM10: 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hope no one meets the fate of Sgt. Sunday Gbagun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Watch This....intellectual Brawl And Hard Talk. Ex-President Disgraced on BBC. / Adewole Adebayo Visits CAN For Consultation / Gov Alia Replies Benue NASS Lawmakers, Says He Helped APC Win In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.