Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,057 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion (884 Views)

Ex Muslim: Qur'an Revealed A Religion I Did Not Like / Atheism Is A Religion / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by tpaine: 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2008
Now that I am a deist, there might yet be a good chance that I may convert to a theistic position, of course if the evidence is good enough.

So guys, I would like to hear/see the evidence from all the theistic options available so that I may be able to reach a wise and informed decision.

Here we go guys:
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2008
Unfortunately there is little evidence to prove the existence of God - everything can be explained with science.

It is more reasonable for you to remain an atheist.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by tpaine: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2008
C'mon guys, you can do better.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by 4Him(m): 4:29am On Mar 19, 2008
u want to join us to worship a "non-existent pixie in the sky"? grin
You're better off grabbing a science textbook and reading about evolution.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by olabowale(m): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2008
Am shocked that you guys are not believing him. Did you see his heart? Do you know whats in his soul? I believe you Tpaine. You want guiance? The first thing is to know there is no deity to be worshipped except the Almight Creator Alone. You must now shun all preconceived ideas that had kept you from belief, all along. God is not a multiple entity. He is One and Only. Thre is no known partner or coequal or associate, or son, etc.

When you have this down in your heart. Then tell this God to strengthen you in this found belief in Him. You can take your declaration of faith in any Mosque in England. There are many available to you. I wish you well. Also change that statement at the bottom of your entries to reflect your new found faith in God Almighty.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by tpaine: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2008
olabowale:

Am shocked that you guys are not believing him. Did you see his heart? Do you know whats in his soul? I believe you Tpaine. You want guiance? The first thing is to know there is no deity to be worshipped except the Almight Creator Alone. You must now shun all preconceived ideas that had kept you from belief, all along. God is not a multiple entity. He is One and Only. Thre is no known partner or coequal or associate, or son, etc.

When you have this down in your heart. Then tell this God to strengthen you in this found belief in Him. You can take your declaration of faith in any Mosque in England. There are many available to you. I wish you well. Also change that statement at the bottom of your entries to reflect your new found faith in God Almighty.

Thanks for the advice, but while am still searching, I would like to know if Mo knew we are all Africans. I would really like to know his view,because this would help me evaluate the Mo religion.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by olabowale(m): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2008
@Tpaine; I do not know who is Mo. But I know who Prophet Mu/hamm/ad bin Abda/lah is. If thats who you meant, then know that his paternal grandmother, the wife of Ibrahim, hagar who bore the first child, a male named Ismail, was from Egypt. She was an Aswan woman. Every Egyptian was black. Look at Nefratiti!

Also when he was born, his mother's breast milk was not enough. A black woman suckled him. Halima, his foster mother was from the bedouin. You will see a black hue in the arabs of today. I have met some Kuwaiti people whose look will not be noticed if they were to be among my family members. Some of my people ae just like the Egyptians. We are all human beings.

I remember the Kuwaiti Ambassador whose daughter spoke as part of the precursers for the 1991 Desert storm war against Iraq. that was before desert shield. This young girl and her father, the Ambassador, look just like any black man in America or Africa. You remember the Saudi Ambassador to Washington, Banda Sultan Bas? He was right in Oval office when this last "Ahock and Awe" started. He looks black as any black man. And please note that hues of blackness ranges from almost white to black.

You tend to be so determine d to prove that Africa is where man originated. That is if you factor in Makka and the rest of the middle east as Africa. I factor that to my understanding, since Suez canal is a new thing between the two lands. In that case Africa is the first settlement of mankind; Adam and Eve.

If your nearderthal mindset is still in play, then you are still not sincere in your seeking a true belief in One God. God created everything. Nearderthal is not a human being like you and me. Just the same way that Cheatter is not the same as leopard. Or Lion and Tiger are not the same. Yet they are all Cats. Every one of them is created, distintively different from the other.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by tpaine: 11:57am On Mar 19, 2008
olabowale:

@Tpaine; I do not know who is Mo. But I know who Prophet Mu/hamm/ad bin Abda/lah is. If thats who you meant, then know that his paternal grandmother, the wife of Ibrahim, hagar who bore the first child, a male named Ismail, was from Egypt. She was an Aswan woman. Every Egyptian was black. Look at Nefratiti!

Also when he was born, his mother's breast milk was not enough. A black woman suckled him. Halima, his foster mother was from the bedouin. You will see a black hue in the arabs of today. I have met some Kuwaiti people whose look will not be noticed if they were to be among my family members. Some of my people ae just like the Egyptians. We are all human beings.

I remember the Kuwaiti Ambassador whose daughter spoke as part of the precursers for the 1991 Desert storm war against Iraq. that was before desert shield. This young girl and her father, the Ambassador, look just like any black man in America or Africa. You remember the Saudi Ambassador to Washington, Banda Sultan Bas? He was right in Oval office when this last "Ahock and Awe" started. He looks black as any black man. And please note that hues of blackness ranges from almost white to black.

You tend to be so determine d to prove that Africa is where man originated. That is if you factor in Makka and the rest of the middle east as Africa. I factor that to my understanding, since Suez canal is a new thing between the two lands. In that case Africa is the first settlement of mankind; Adam and Eve.

If your nearderthal mindset is still in play, then you are still not sincere in your seeking a true belief in One God. God created everything. Nearderthal is not a human being like you and me. Just the same way that Cheatter is not the same as leopard. Or Lion and Tiger are not the same. Yet they are all Cats. Every one of them is created, distintively different from the other.

Look, I am NOT concerned about black or white (or brown or yellow). I am concerned about the religions acknowledging the now irrefutable fact that humanity originates from Africa, rather than from the Arabian desert, as the Abrahamicists claim.

I do NOT care one jot who looks black, white etc. Looks like you have been conditioned to think in terms of colour. I do not not think in such terms. So I do not care whether Mo's slaves, mother, pigs etc where black/white. Nor do I care whether the Saudis, Iranians, Jews, Egyptians, Sudanese etc are whatever. These are immaterial to humanity.

Any religion that touts the Adam&Eve account is worthy of total dismissal as falsehood. PERIOD

To get me to believe the A&E account you have got to first refute the genetic studies I posted unimpeachably, and then show evidence why A&E is worthy of believe.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by olabowale(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2008
@Tpaine: Slow your roll, cos. My simple response should not get you so upset like this. Direct me to your claim above. I will read that irrefutably un impeacheable entry you made about the origin of man in Africa. But please could you pin point the spot, area where this first human colony lived in Africa?

I told you my Adam and Hawa lived in Makka. Now direct me to where your nameless first human lived? South Africa, Nigeria, Sudan, Egypt, where?
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by tpaine: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2008
olabowale:

@Tpaine: Slow your roll, because. My simple response should not get you so upset like this. Direct me to your claim above. I will read that irrefutably un impeacheable entry you made about the origin of man in Africa. But please could you pin point the spot, area where this first human colony lived in Africa?

I told you my Adam and Hawa lived in Makka. Now direct me to where your nameless first human lived? South Africa, Nigeria, Sudan, Egypt, where?

Read the post https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-120900.0.html and following the links in the references section to see the scientific reports.

Then come back to discuss.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by Maykelly(f): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2008
@tpain, is a pity that!! if HOLY BIBLE could not change you - then don't think any other book can make you no matter how holy they claim to be, instead it will still leave you nonbeliever and doubter. cry
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by syrup(f): 7:00pm On May 24, 2008
@tpaine,

My small input:

I don't think it is a "religion" you actually need. Believe me, that path will lead you into further disatisfaction with the inner leanings of your own heart.

I would rather say that a relationship with God is more satisfying than any "religion". I understand that any belief in God (however expressed) is quite too often referred to as a "religion" - and I have no problem with that, as long as we know why people use such descriptive qualifiers.

However, we can all understand that if GOD is whom you seek, HE is above any idea of a "something" - He longs to to make Himself known to your heart, and to give you an eternal relationship with Himself through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. A relationship with Christ is far above the mere concept of a "religion". Here is a personal invitation to seek that relationship - and I have you in my prayers. smiley
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by PastorAIO: 7:51pm On May 24, 2008
I've got a religion for you. But you've got to assure me that you are sincere and determined to follow it through. Say you are and we can begin.
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by huxley(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2008
Pastor AIO:

I've got a religion for you. But you've got to assure me that you are sincere and determined to follow it through. Say you are and we can begin.

How can I commit to something before I know what it it? This is irrational!
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by ayinba1(f): 8:28pm On May 24, 2008
Doesn't look like it to me angry
Re: Tpaine Is Seeking A Religion by PastorAIO: 9:24pm On May 24, 2008
huxley:

How can I commit to something before I know what it it? This is irrational!
But you've committed yourself to the quest for a religion right. The way to know this religion is to practice it. It is not something for discussion or dialectics.

(1) (Reply)

God Of The Bible / Who Really Is A Christian Here? / Superficial Errors And Contradiction In The Bible New Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.