Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! (1241 Views)

Amaechi, Fani-kayode Trade Insults On Television / Why Do Nairalanders Curse/rain Insults On Themselves Online? / 5 Tips On How Not To Get Insults On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by lucabrasi(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
please this is to all nairalanders who care to contribute,since i have joined nairaland i have noticed a pattern here with a lot of ppl which is the verbal assaults,rude and vile comments on each other i thought the whole idea was a social network where you can hangout with and make friends with nigerians of all persuations,discuss current and past issues and profer solutions but instead its everybody throwing verbal arrows at each other and trying to outdo each other with insults,and also a single person making a snide remark and a sort of posse supporting and at times continuing the abuse,i hesitate at times to contribute to any thread or postdue to this reason so i dont get shot down.
please contribute if you have had this experience or if its just me and i really hope the moderator or the person in charge reads this and actually get on top of this as its only a matter of time for some to start being disillutioned and move on,facebook,hi5,nyspace and the rest of the social networks have millions and millions as members of diffrent colours,cultures and things are still kept under control,i v had some nice time on here since i joined but i really hope the owner will do something about this so his/her hard work will not be rubished by a few bad eggsx
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by Gamine(f): 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2008
look Luca, dont stress yourself on this issue
Post what you have to, and move on.

The people here are too random for you to work a sweat over.
We hardly care that those on the recieving end are humans and not bots.

But then again, it ends up being funny at the end of the day.
Take it easy o!
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by HRhotness(f): 10:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
The truth is that its all light hearted fun,,,,
It would do u good not to take any   most of it seriously
unless u post something really dumb or out of place, that will just be asking for it grin
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by lucabrasi(m): 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2008
Gamine:

look Luca, don't stress yourself on this issue
Post what you have to, and move on.

The people here are too random for you to work a sweat over.
We hardly care that those on the recieving end are humans and not bots.

But then again, it ends up being funny at the end of the day.
Take it easy o!

hmmn, that puts it in a much clearer perspective,guess its the thing on here,thanks for your comment neway.
trust im not taking anything personal cause frankly only come on here when im bored or takn a break from schl,just saw a couple of threads where ppl were going on mocking each other's religion,ethnicity and thought ill drop a line.

HR.hotness:

The truth is that its all light hearted fun,,,,
It would do u good not to take any most of it seriously
unless u post something really dumb or out of place, that will just be asking for it grin

awrite then seen,guess ill have to thread sofly then,im actually getting thick skinned with the verbal jabs and that its just when people realli personal attacking stuffs that are sacred to others that i take exception, these experiences are not actually personal cause im always careful and watch a thread before posting as u ll have noticed with the no of post i gt.
thanks for the insight anyway
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by iice(f): 4:46am On Mar 20, 2008
With time, you'l learn to ignore it. . .
It's worse now than it used to be so maybe it will get better in the future undecided
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by Scopium: 8:46am On Mar 20, 2008
lucabrasi:

i thought the whole idea was a social network where you can hangout with and make friends with nigerians of all persuations
[size=13pt]Did you ever think that networking is foul proof exercise especially where people of diverse orientation are involved?[/size]
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by lucabrasi(m): 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
iice:

With time, you'l learn to ignore it. . .
It's worse now than it used to be so maybe it will get better in the future undecided

[/quote

thanks for contributing,lets hope so,

Scopium link=topic=121058.msg2074613#msg2074613 date=1205999184:

[size=13pt]Did you ever think that networking is foul proof exercise especially where people of diverse orientation are invovled?[/size]

not really,i just thought people will at least be civil with each other seeing as we v all tried other networking sites i cud curse mayb a close friend im in my house or in his house out mayb jokingly not a virtual stranger cause impressions can last a lifetime especially when most ppl on ere r kinda anonymous wid each other
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by iice(f): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2008
For some part, i guess it should be expected, we are after all a rambunctious lot grin grin
Just see the people shouting and heaping abuses on people on the street. If you can curse someone you know, what more someone you don't? doesn't hit people that abusing someone you don't know doesn't mean much undecided
For the other part, anonymity gives one a thrill if not a certain amount of 'delusional' power tongue grin grin
Re: Abuse And Verbal Insults On Nairaland! by lucabrasi(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2008
For the other part, anonymity gives one a thrill if not a certain amount of 'delusional' power

guess i can relate to that,cause me as an individual 'll not even open my mouth to complain about anyone cursing if it was a real life situation,ill rather walk away and keep my thoughts to myself smiley

(1) (Reply)

Jim Iyke Romancing A Pastor's Wife / We Were Paid To Do So - The Fulanis Who Invaded Dogon Nahawa Village / Al Jazeera’s Report On Gangs And Prostitution In Italy And The Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.