Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market (766 Views)

Take Your Marketing Campaign To The Next Level / Gay Activist Hacks Nigerian Government’s Website Over Anti-gay Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by my2cents(m): 11:07am On Mar 19, 2008
Re: Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by prodgalson: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2008
Perhaps a long overdue attempt to get Nigerian piracy thwarted, or
perhaps an attempt to get more attention to the adobe brand for my future intentions, or
perhaps nothing at all to do with me, or
perhaps everything to do with me,
who knows?
Re: Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by my2cents(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2008
yeah, I am thinking it is a ploy by adobe to advertise itself. After all, I am sure they have piracy problems in China as well. I could be wrong, but I don't hear MSFT complaining either.

Just wanted to get your thoughts grin
Re: Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by prodgalson: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2008
no comment smiley
(for now sha)
Re: Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by Cactus(m): 3:26am On Mar 20, 2008
This will most likely fade easily. To be realistic, though some measure of regulations is required, I personally believe this is a waste of effort.

Considering the socio-economic status, how many people will be willing to cough up the huge price it takes to license softwares/services provided by these multinationals like adobe? than feed themselves.

I know a someone who is the IT architect of an internationally recorgnized organization in nigeria. Though the organisation can pay for licenses to cover their software requirements, he still looks for bootlegs.

Bluntly = not going to work.

If they cannot control torrent leaks, key generators from well established cracking groups,

How can they do anything of substantial impact in nigeria?
Re: Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2008
yes they need to fight the crackers and not buyers
Re: Adobe Takes Anti-piracy Campaign To Nigerian It Market by my2cents(m): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2008
webdezzi,

wdnt u say that both parties have a hand in the crime? In other words (unless I don't get what you mean, in which case, by all means let me know), would one party exist without the other?

As they say, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

(1) (Reply)

Www.wotszup.com / Have U All Seen The Reloaded Charlyboy's Site? Http://www.charlyboy.com What Do / Ecommerce Solution For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.