Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? (1232 Views)

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN Test Of English Proficiency Past Questions(drop Ur Mail Ad) / Texas College Rejects Nigerian Applicants, Cites Ebola Cases - With Picture :) / Low Tuition Fee For University Of Westminster, UK Nigerian Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? by leonshom(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
Why do most International schools requires Nigerian applicants to show their Proficiency in English by writing English test like TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB,COPE etc before they could be considered for admission, it is a common act for oversea schools especially in the UK and US to ask for Proficiency in English test for admission purpose. Despite our official language and language of Instruction at school is English, i don't see it mandatory to demonstrate their English proficiency by writing those tests on admission basis, though, Nigeria is on exception list for some schools "Not to write any tests, especially Canadian universities.Whats your viewpoint on this issue?
Re: What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? by Isobug: 3:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
PECng:
Proof of Proficiency in English Language: How Important is it to Your Foreign Admissions and Scholarships Processing
As most alumni don’t even know what academic transcripts are until they want to further more and it’s requested for, or their employer asks for it, or when they are trying to travel abroad then their academic transcripts becomes the most important document to provide before anything can even begin on their emigration processes; same thing applies to how most alumni don’t even know what a Proof of Proficiency in English Language is until they are required to provide it. This affects foreign admissions and scholarships seekers a lot; there are thousands of people who have been waiting for the foreign admissions and scholarships application season to begin in the next few weeks, but then the season would come and they would still be found lagging because they were only waiting instead of preparing while waiting. Preparing while waiting involves finding out all the things you would be needing and getting them in readiness for when the race would begin. This write-up is to talk about the Proof of Proficiency in English Language, its importance to your emigration processes, and how to get one from OAU and UI. CONTINUE READING WRITE-UP HERE>>>> https://www.pec-ng.com/2021/09/proof-of-proficiency-in-english.html
I want to register for the next IELTS exam but I don't want any tutorial or materials. All I need is to register, may be through you. How much altogether?
Re: What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? by PECng: 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
Can Proof of Proficiency in English Language Replace IELTS?
There are questions emigration hopefuls ask about their documents and the kind of visa they are looking to get—especially the academic admission seekers; questions ranging from: how, if possible, to extend the lifespan of their IELTS to make it be useful still after the normal two years it’s usually valid for? Is WES evaluation necessary for all admissions seekers in the Americas? Short answers to these questions are: yes, there are ways the lifespan of your IELTS can be extended to remain useful after two years; and no, WES evaluation is not a compulsion, only few schools in the Americas ask for WES evaluation. On another publication on this web, I will be writing comprehensively on the extension of the lifespan of IELTS, and on when you need or do not need WES evaluation. But on this one, I only intend to make some clarifications on the need for Proof of Proficiency in English Language (POPEL) and the need for IELTS, as well as when you need either of the two as a foreign admission seeker. READ MORE HERE>>>>> https://www.pecngr.com/2022/01/can-proof-of-proficiency-in-english.html

Re: What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? by PECng: 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Your Proof of Proficiency in English Language from UI or OAU: The Fast and Easy Ways to Getting It
I have published so many write-ups on how a Proof of Proficiency in English Language (PPEL) can waive you from having to take an IELTS or some other test of English Language for you your emigration, scholarship and admission processes. Getting your Proof of Proficiency in English Language from OAU or UI is not a rigorous process, only that a lot of on-ground logistics are involved (if you know what I mean). CONTINUE READING HERE https://www.pecngr.com/2022/02/your-proof-of-proficiency-in-english.html

Re: What's The Essence Of Proficiency In English Test For Nigerian Applicants? by PECng: 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2022
Your Proof of Proficiency in English Language from UI or OAU: The Fast and Easy Ways to Getting It
I have published so many write-ups on how a Proof of Proficiency in English Language (PPEL) can waive you from having to take an IELTS or some other test of English Language for you your emigration, scholarship and admission processes. Getting your Proof of Proficiency in English Language from OAU or UI is not a rigorous process, only that a lot of on-ground logistics are involved (if you know what I mean). CONTINUE READING HERE https://www.pecngr.com/2022/02/your-proof-of-proficiency-in-english.html

(1) (Reply)

Advice To A Nigerian Student Before Writing Usmle / ASUU Strike: AAUA Is NOT Resuming On Monday / Help, Apply For Admission At Houston Community College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.