Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,673 members, 7,865,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? (638 Views)

Is This Democracy Or Democrazy? / Is This Democracy Day Worth Celebrating In Nigeria? / Let’s Crash This Democracy – Pat Utomi • Nigeria Is Dying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 02, 2013
For the first time in the history of our country, we'r experiencing 13yrs of unbroken democracy. The immediate consequence of this sustained democratic experience is that we'r begining to see progress across the federation (states and federal). Even governors who were previously tagged "worst performing" are begining to wake up.

Consequently, I thought we should highlight the heroes of this democratic dispensation and the roles they played to sustain our democracy.

Who do you consider as the heroes of our democracy? In my opinion, the following are the heroes of our democracy:

1) Almighty God: for the divine intervention that swept away Former Head of State, General Sanni Abacha.

2) Former Head of State, Gen . Abdulsalami Abubakar: for not holding on to power but rather organised a short transition programme that ushered in this democratic dispensation in 1999.

3) Former President Olusegun Obasanjo: for having the courage to dismantle the capacity of the military to stage a coup during his first term in office.

4) Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu: for rallying the opposition and bringing the main opposition party (ACN) back to life from the brink of collapse in 2003.

5) Senator Ken Nnamani: for supervising the killing the infamous Third Term Agenda of Obasanjo.

6)AIT and Chief Raymond Dopkesi: for risking his business and life by airing, live, the legislative debate of the infamous Third Term Bill.

7) President Goodluck Jonathan: for insisting that elections must be free and fair and bringing to an end the era of do-or-die politics.

Point 8. Professor Attahiru Jega: for the positive transformation he brought to our electoral system.

Who are your heroes of this democracy?
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Femi Falana
Wole Soyinka
MKO Abiola - For being the only man who won the only free and fair election in Nigeria. (I'm not an Abiola fan, I support Fela against him).
Pat Utomi
Tinubu - If anything, for standing against a political powerful president (OBJ)
David West
Nigerian university students from 1999 and back
Gani Fawehinmi
Beko Kuti
Olfunmilayo Kuti - Mother of Independence
Awolowo
Oshiomole
Oba of Benin
Zulu Gambari of Ilorin (For not allowing Islamic fanatics over run his city even though he is a Muslim)

Mehn!! Sincere Nigerian, you are really a Jonathan butt licker? 2011 election was free and fair? OBJ hero of democracy? Abubakar abdulsalami? The Abubakar that passed the current constitution oppressing oil producing communities? AIT? Same AIT that is collecting loot money?
You really belong to the era Nigerians need to destroy!!!
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by seanet01: 8:21am On Mar 02, 2013
My heroes of democracy are as follows
1. Satan: for helping the fraudulent military to impose a kangaroo constitution and inept leadership at the centre on us.
2. Abdusalam Abubakar for rigging the 99 elections in favour of poverty development party which have ensured that majority of Nigerians remain poverty stricken.
3. Tony aneni: for looting away the funds meant for the reconstruction of Benin to Ore road, Lagos to Ibadan road, Sagamu to Benin road, apapa to oworonshoki express way. All this have ensured that innocent and more productive Nigerians continue to die as a result of accidents arising from pot holes and man made lakes on our roads. Kudos to aneni
4. Obasanjo: for initiating the do or die politics. He was the progenitor of the if we don't win we rig group of politicians. Now we have started reaping its benefits. Kudos also to him for wasting/embezzling/looting/mismanaging/misappropriating/stealing SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS (USA DOLLARS NOT ZIMBABWEAN DOLLARS) on the power sector without any noticeable improvement in power supply, instead major industries continue to fold up and thousands thrown back into an already saturated unemployed city.
5. Bamanga tukur: he personally ensured that his son head the massive looting of Nigerians oil subsidy funds. Kudos to him
6. Reuben Abati: for ensuring that gullible Nigerians are being continuosly misled into believing that Patience Jonathan only went to Germany for Bed rest.
7. Gbenga Daniel: for closing down a legislative chambers without recourse to the constitution.
8. Alao Akala, for ensuring that Billions meant for UBE projects were looted away.
9. Chime: for going awol for many months without legal backing.
10. Orji of Abia: for his great achievements like looting and others in Abia state.
11. NOI: for confusing our already gullible Nigerian Leaders to borrow more money for their own selfish ends.
12. Goodluck Jonathan: for beating IBB to the most fraudulent and corrupt President by looting away trillions of money under the guise of Subsidy.
Can we go on?
Oh my fingers are itching
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Ejine(m): 8:33am On Mar 02, 2013
Jim Iyke.
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by gratiaeo(m): 9:11am On Mar 02, 2013
0lumide: Femi Falana
Wole Soyinka
MKO Abiola - For being the only man who won the only free and fair election in Nigeria. (I'm not an Abiola fan, I support Fela against him).
Pat Utomi
Tinubu - If anything, for standing against a political powerful president (OBJ)
David West
Nigerian university students from 1999 and back
Gani Fawehinmi
Beko Kuti
Olfunmilayo Kuti - Mother of Independence
Awolowo
Oshiomole
Oba of Benin
Zulu Gambari of Ilorin (For not allowing Islamic fanatics over run his city even though he is a Muslim)

Mehn!! Sincere Nigerian, you are really a Jonathan butt licker? 2011 election was free and fair? OBJ hero of democracy? Abubakar abdulsalami? The Abubakar that passed the current constitution oppressing oil producing communities? AIT? Same AIT that is collecting loot money?
You really belong to the era Nigerians need to destroy!!!
For your mind you believe say you get sense abi,
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
seanet01: My heroes of democracy are as follows
1. Satan: for helping the fraudulent military to impose a kangaroo constitution and inept leadership at the centre on us.
2. Abdusalam Abubakar for rigging the 99 elections in favour of poverty development party which have ensured that majority of Nigerians remain poverty stricken.
3. Tony aneni: for looting away the funds meant for the reconstruction of Benin to Ore road, Lagos to Ibadan road, Sagamu to Benin road, apapa to oworonshoki express way. All this have ensured that innocent and more productive Nigerians continue to die as a result of accidents arising from pot holes and man made lakes on our roads. Kudos to aneni
4. Obasanjo: for initiating the do or die politics. He was the progenitor of the if we don't win we rig group of politicians. Now we have started reaping its benefits. Kudos also to him for wasting/embezzling/looting/mismanaging/misappropriating/stealing SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS (USA DOLLARS NOT ZIMBABWEAN DOLLARS) on the power sector without any noticeable improvement in power supply, instead major industries continue to fold up and thousands thrown back into an already saturated unemployed city.
5. Bamanga tukur: he personally ensured that his son head the massive looting of Nigerians oil subsidy funds. Kudos to him
6. Reuben Abati: for ensuring that gullible Nigerians are being continuosly misled into believing that Patience Jonathan only went to Germany for Bed rest.
7. Gbenga Daniel: for closing down a legislative chambers without recourse to the constitution.
8. Alao Akala, for ensuring that Billions meant for UBE projects were looted away.
9. Chime: for going awol for many months without legal backing.
10. Orji of Abia: for his great achievements like looting and others in Abia state.
11. NOI: for confusing our already gullible Nigerian Leaders to borrow more money for their own selfish ends.
12. Goodluck Jonathan: for beating IBB to the most fraudulent and corrupt President by looting away trillions of money under the guise of Subsidy.
Can we go on?
Oh my fingers are itching
Why cant you stay focused? What is eating you up?
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by seanet01: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why cant you stay focused? What is eating you up?
Have you ever derailed?
Am always super focused
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Tolexander: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: For the first time in the history of our country, we'r experiencing 13yrs of unbroken democracy. The immediate consequence of this sustained democratic experience is that we'r begining to see progress across the federation (states and federal). Even governors who were previously tagged "worst performing" are begining to wake up.

Consequently, I thought we should highlight the heroes of this democratic dispensation and the roles they played to sustain our democracy.

Who do you consider as the heroes of our democracy? In my opinion, the following are the heroes of our democracy:

1) Almighty God: for the divine intervention that swept away Former Head of State, General Sanni Abacha.

2) Former Head of State, Gen . Abdulsalami Abubakar: for not holding on to power but rather organised a short transition programme that ushered in this democratic dispensation in 1999.

3) Former President Olusegun Obasanjo: for having the courage to dismantle the capacity of the military to stage a coup during his first term in office.

4) Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu: for rallying the opposition and bringing the main opposition party (ACN) back to life from the brink of collapse in 2003.

5) Senator Ken Nnamani: for supervising the killing the infamous Third Term Agenda of Obasanjo.

6)AIT and Chief Raymond Dopkesi: for risking his business and life by airing, live, the legislative debate of the infamous Third Term Bill.

7) President Goodluck Jonathan: for insisting that elections must be free and fair and bringing to an end the era of do-or-die politics.

Point 8. Professor Attahiru Jega: for the positive transformation he brought to our electoral system.

Who are your heroes of this democracy?
i don't know if it was a mistake or you intentionally neglected president Umar Yar'adua. If your reason is base on the latter, then i see no reason why GEJ should be on the list.
What about MKO Abiola who was the basis of the request for the democracy?
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Tolexander: i don't know if it was a mistake or you intentionally neglected president Umar Yar'adua. If your reason is base on the latter, then i see no reason why GEJ should be on the list.
What about MKO Abiola who was the basis of the request for the democracy?
That is my own list. You can give us your own list with reasons.
Re: Who Are Your Heroes Of This Democracy? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
tunde bakare

without him,
nigerians would be paying 160/litre for petrol
turai would still be running things by proxy of her husband

(1) (Reply)

SA Ambassador To China Sent Home After Wandering The Street Of China Unclad / Tinubu and other Desperate Opposition Elements / Northern Leaders To Meet Boko Haram Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.