Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,138 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music (505 Views)

Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way / Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by daisybee: 9:04am On Mar 02, 2013
Gave my life to Christ living nd walkin in. Spirit Ive had to encounters already ..... I'm in a good place but den like all young believers I have questions nd deep down I know d devil always try's to bring me down. In d issue of music I'm a music freak I love jazz music neo- soul and nytin quirky . I gave my life to Christ and I seriously sieved all my music n left a lot of Christian music which I rili enjoy nd den left few inspirational songs expl India arie little things, John mayers " stop this train" etc music with uplifting positive messages. But I hear pastors say all music dat dosnt call God is sinful but I don't believe it. Does it mean I can't watch broadway shows.... My pastor even sed sumtn bout kenny g instrumentals bein Inspired by him watchn lesbians.... He sed he read it! I personally don't believe dat we shud believe all we read! But den I ask myself wen I get married cant. I listen to love songs with my husband.... Suddenly I feel like my life is very limited nd I don't want it to be... Wen dey preach against dis I suddenly feel down like I have a problem.... Nd b4 all dis I was living peacefully serving my God but now I'm confused cosi don't believe all music Is bad... I know we were created to worship God ..... Deir some inspirational songs I listen to nd it even magnifies God more in my mind even wen his name isn't mentioned ..... Now I find myself living in sin consciousness .... Nd I don't feel lik I'm doin nytin wrong yet dere is always an accusing voice..... I know God wants me to enjoy d good things dat life has to offer.... Yet ppl preach different things nd it makes it so hard for one to discern which is rite.....
Re: Gave My Life To Christ Confused Bout Music by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2013
^^Yeah I was like that too,..until I allowed the Holy Spirit to do the choosing; after all sound; music is a tool for communication in the spiritual realm....and every musical note, is inspired...the question is by whom? where is the inspiration coming from...there is no middle ground! and I tell You the truth...for Your growth spiritually, as music is soul food, You need to really take this seriously...the good news is there are Godly christian music...varieties...as Your preference is jazz neo-soul, You might wanna try out Fred Hammond,Kirk Whalum,...for contemporary, Dietrick Haddon, for the quirky part, Mali Music will work for You, for contemporary You could check out Smoky Norful,J Moss, kierra sheard for soft metalic... casting crowns,third day, new boys, Tye Tribbet, Chris Tomlin...for other...Men of Standard,Byron cage, Damitta Haddon, for rap and all, check out Lecrae,for the something something{music for the grown and sexy}, its a bit more upbeat, but You'd love it to bits...check out "I Love You by Lecrae ft Chris Lee...for a more intimate and deeper fellowship, when You just wanna break through into the presence of the LORD...Try Paul Wilbur, Juanita Bynum and good ol' Don Moen...for start, hope this helps...am sure with the Leadership of the Holy Spirit, You'd get more and get the balance, You detest, the music You were used to....like the wine that came after the more cheeper one had been served...it does get better, You wouldn't miss a thing. smiley

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Given An Essay In The School Is It Right To Lie,as A Christain / We Are All Immersed In A Vast Sea Of Unseen Forces / Process For Electing A New Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.