Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

A Short Accident Story - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Short Accident Story (704 Views)

Girl Stripped Naked For Wearing A Short Dress [video] / Is 5.5ft Tall,a Short Man?: Help A Nairlander / A Short Nap On A Busy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Accident Story by Nasri100(m): 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
The last and probably only time I would be involved in a motor accident was far back when I was just seven years old,the collision was between my dad’s golf and the popular local bus transport in lagos nicknamed ” danfo “.

Predictably,I can guess anybody reading this would probably feel the “danfo” bus was at fault because of their reckless driving nature on the lagos roads. Well,you are right a bit but if only our driver was alert and careful,I would probably not be writing this today.Well Everything happens for a reason.

There is this old saying my dad always remind his uncountable collection of drivers anytime they are driving alone to any of his formal occassions. He says ” when you driving,remember you the only sane human being present and driving on the road,the rest are insane.

Lost count of how many times I have laughed at this saying while I was younger,but growing older,I seem to understand better.

I know you all eager to read what actually lead to the horrible accident,I won’t say bad roads was the major cause of the accident but it played its part in the build-up combined with the reckless driving by both drivers.

The danfo bus on highspeed collided with our car forcing both cars to lose control and then finally plunged into a nearby gutter space. When you involved in an accident,it is like the next thing to death, Not forgetting the repulsive smell of petrol and then the sympathizers : Most of them standing to watch,probably some of them recording and taking photo shots of the accident scene and then some group of people helping out to pull the victims out from the wreckage.

When I was pulled out of the car wreckage by one of the sympathizers,the first thing on my mind was how did I survive this? Both vehicles were totally damaged and too scary to stare at. Then checking to see my dad and the driver pulled out too but feeling uncomfortable but managing to show some courage and impression that they are fine,probably to make me feel better.

The scene was gory,there was blood splattered everywhere around the accident scene,the driver of the danfo bus had blood gushing out of his head,some passengers had broken hands,legs e.t.c. The bright side was no life was lost.

If you have been following : Overspeeding,reckless driving were the major cause of the accident,they can be tempting but they are avoidable,it is a very simple equation : If you practice ” Overspeeding and Reckless driving ” you likely to get the same output like my story soonest.

Not many would have survived the accident,The two drivers must have learnt their lesson the hard way with unforgettable traumas that day.

http://accidentwatch./2013/03/02/an-accident-story/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Last Did You Cry... For Heartbreak Or For Empathy? / My Birthday!! And What You Need To Know!!! / Wesley Snipes Released From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.