Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Buffet Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buffet Business In Nigeria (2287 Views)

Warren Buffet Buys Heinz For $28 Billion / Warren Buffet Says To Congress, "Stop Coddling The Super-rich'' / Let's Talk About Warren Buffet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buffet Business In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 4:24pm On May 05, 2006
I am sure many of you have thought about setting up a buffet business in Nigeria and have come to the conclusion that it won't work. Well, I am one of such. However, after reading this article, I think it will succeed after all:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/buffet_debacle <<corrected>>

Check it out and let me know your thoughts.
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 4:52pm On May 05, 2006
i doubt if it would work. nigerians are very hungry. Don't be surprised if only one peson eats as much as 10 full plates before leaving. grin
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 4:58pm On May 05, 2006
I sabi,

It was just a thought grin

Also don't forget those who would stay from dusk till dawn. After all there is no time limit right? wink

Check this out though: I once day-dreamed that if I did set one up, I would let you come in and do anything you want on day one, but if you overdo it, I would take-style and ask you to pose for a photograph. Then I post the photograph on the wall and have security be on the lookout for the culprit who would then be limited to one plate from that point on LOL

I know, sounds crazy, but I am known to think weird like that grin
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 5:00pm On May 05, 2006
ha ha. it isn't only crazy but hilarious as well grin cheesy smiley. it would definitely not be easy to start a buffet. It might work if you set it up in a rich neighborhood. wink
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by Seun(m): 6:06pm On May 05, 2006
The link you have provided has nothing about the buffett business.
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 6:10pm On May 05, 2006
Oops. E jo o!

Here it is: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/buffet_debacle . That was actually meant for another post I had in mind.

I guess I should count myself lucky for not being temporarily suspended, for which I say "E se o!!" grin
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 7:04pm On May 05, 2006
it would work for some conditions with it. I ahve alwayz imagined wat it did look like if such thing is there. it would be great,
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by Eastcoast(f): 7:07pm On May 05, 2006
Any time i go to a buffet, it always comes to my mind too.
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by zebudaya(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2006
my2cents:

again, how many times do u go to buffet at N5000 in say, a week? at N200, it is possible that the person will spend more often. I think it is easier to drop N200 5 times than N5000 once. Again the concept of the "long tail" is pretty new. Not all are able to grasp it at this point. Amazon is one of the few companies utilizing it.

As for the thread, I did some digging and it turns out I was the original author of the post grin https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12127.0.html

I shall meet you there my friend

You talk of the long tail like you don't need a huge network/chain like Amazon or Mcdonalds. I'm talking about a restaurant maybe just 5 in the whole country, remember i'm trying to make it exclusive. Believe me there are people willing to drop that amount of money, dropping 200 five times still gives me 1000, They have to come in 25 times just to make that 5000 I want.

When i was in college back home, the clubs used to organize dinners man , and boys used to drop 10,000 naira for 2 people. And the place used to be full. The rest of us that could not afford it just wished that "one day" we would have more money to go to stuff like that.

There are people in Nigeria willing to pay a little more to achieve that Luxury treatment those people stay at sheraton, Nicon Noga and other 5 star hotels when a roadside motel would do. Even our senators and Governors and their kids!
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2006
I really feel u man. Unfortunately, I forgot that Nigeria doesn't follow the basic laws of economics LOL

We will have 2 phones on our hips and yet no car or house. We will drop N5000 on a plate of food that we will excrete and egest after 6 hours, rather than save it for our kids after we die.

Beats me man grin
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2006
funny grin
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by zebudaya(m): 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2006
na enjoyment everybody wants to enjoy before they die. Tommorow is not promised in Naija so if you can live for the moment.
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by nijerbabe(f): 7:06am On Aug 12, 2006
dude, buffet in 9ja?? whoever is planning on that should also be planning to "RUN" out of bussiness. U kno we 9jas, we ve no limit.
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by Rams(m): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2006
lol, my friends and I were dicussing this very topic a while back. We were talking about how some fast food restaurants let you have unlimited refills. If it was in Naija, you know we will save the cups and bring it back in later for awoof!
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by twinkledew(f): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2006
Buffets might work in Nigeria. you can try both ways. Making it very expensive for 3 months and Making it Cheaper as well for 3 months. compare and get the result yourself.

Most of you saying that you can get a guy or a gurl eating more than 10 plates of food is true but not everyone is like that. People might get excited because it is a new thing for them in Nigeria but it will die down before you know it.
There is always a gready person in every country.

1 Like

Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2006
Let us also not forget some of the tricks of the trade employed by buffets at least in the states, one of which is making it so cold that you are forced to leave early or risk freezing to death (of course I and my buddies used to counter this by wearing thick jackets even on the hottest summer days LOL)
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2006
chei grin
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by disney(f): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2006
@my2cents

That was hilarious , l never really noticed that. Well, that reminds me on my birthday, l went out to eat with my dad and family and my baby sister was so cold that my dad made us eat fast and go. Yeah, right, it's just now l recalled that.lol lol.

Hum buffet business in Nigeria, you kidding me, Not to forget , many Nigerians are hungry. lol

l sorry for the manager of such business, even when it's all you can eat, you going to have people that would eat from morning to night and not go home. Imagine that. As some of my fellow nairalanders said, it either you make the price really expensive and only the rich can come in or either you make the price really low and serve poor quality of food. Well, vice versa, l think its going to contribute to food poisoning in that Mr Nepa may take light. Hello, preserving the food , palava. Just imagine that.
Re: Buffet Business In Nigeria by momoney1(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2006
cheesy :Dhey people is it buffet you are talking about in naija? then you have to talk about class as well.

buffet biz will survive in Nigeria if you are connected to the government. if you are in the gov. and be able to convince the commissioners, local gov. chairmen and etc. then your buffet biz will survive otherwise u ar on your own cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Nigerian's First Internet Millionaire? / Breaking News - 5 Ceos Of Nigerian Banks Axed By Cbn / Looking For Oil Palm Processing Machine & Lister Generators To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.