Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,249 members, 7,860,575 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

Leecher Preachers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leecher Preachers (1410 Views)

Watch Pastor Sign Fireman In Documentary Titled Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers / Money Hungry Prosperity Preachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
Oh, the spiritual abuse going on in modern mega-churches (religious Babylon). People have been conditioned to “go to the pro from Dover” when they need any kind of goods and services, including getting their spiritual needs met. Christians don’t like to feel all alone in their faith. Christians sometimes feel insecure and look for somebody “more spiritual” to lean on. Just as surely as modern people head for the biggest, fanciest mall in town when they need new clothes, they’ll go for the biggest and fanciest “church” in town to get their spiritual needs met. Instead of directly trusting Christ Himself and looking unto Him alone to meet their inner need, they’ll go to some big-name preacher in a fancy suit, and the louder and bigger the guy is, the more attractive that preacher is to them.

I read of one lady who attended “Brother Baggy’s” church for several years. She and her husband faithfully paid tithes. Her husband developed an emotional problem and sought counseling for it. The spiritual butchers at Brother Baggy’s church told this lady her husband was a loser and she ought to divorce him, contrary to I Cor.7:13. Funny how Christ’s own alleged disciples kick someone when they’re down!

What evil, pigheaded viciousness, the way those cruel “counselors” badmouthed her husband and advised her to leave him! Those who mercilessly judge others are in for it themselves (James 2:13). Those “Job’s Comforters” should get down on their knees and thank God they’re enjoying life while others are suffering!

After attending that church for SIX whole years, the couple found themselves standing in front of the Big Cheese who exacted ten per cent their income and roared God’s Word from the pulpit. The lady told Brother Baggy what an honor it was to finally get to meet him. Instead of thanking these sacrificial tithers Baggy just mumbled at them and hurried away. I Thes.5:12 clearly instructs Christians to KNOW those who labor among them. How on earth can you manage that in a huge mega-church setting where there’s many thousands of others who want to say hi to the pastor, and he’s surrounded by a squadron of protective ushers? The fact this lady and her husband didn’t ONCE get to meet the great Brother Baggy during all that time begs a couple of questions:

Are modern churches too big to foster an atmosphere of spiritual connectedness with other Christians? From what I’ve heard about them, I get the notion that mega-churches are nothing but money-mooching religious institutions.

Why should that lady pay Brother Baggy tithe taxes (commanded NOWHERE in Scripture!) if he doesn’t give a hoot about her and her husband? A psychiatric patient wouldn’t pay his head shrinker a dime if he didn’t at least PRETEND to care about his personal problems. So it’s amazing that millions of Christians take money which could have met their families’ needs and shower it on spiritual quacks who don’t even KNOW the problems of individuals “out in the pews”!

Baggy can’t produce even ONE scripture to justify monetary tithing. God NEVER commanded religious ministers to take one cent of tithes from people’s paychecks, not even under the Old Covenant! Every time Baggy tells people to wave their tithe money in the air to boast of their generosity and shame non-tithers, he violates Jesus’ admonition to give in secret ONLY (Matt.6:3-4). He turns Christians into proud Pharisees who barge into God’s Presence and boast: Look what I’m sacrificing for you, God, while this rotten reprobate next to me is withholding his tithe!” That’s just like the story in Luke 18:9-13 where the Pharisee thanks God he’s way better than the rotten tax collector. Furthermore, Paul rebukes those who humiliate poor people (I Cor.11:22). Today’s “name and shame” money grubbing techniques spring from the “pride of life” spirit, not the Holy Spirit (I John 2:16). John plainly calls pride a WORLDLY sin, not a “success secret” from the Lord.

Baggy calls poor people losers. He tries to pry money out of people through public shaming for non-tithing. That’s a spirit of satanic witchcraft control whenever some preacher manipulates somebody else’s conscience for personal gain. Only the Holy Spirit is to be the Lord of His people’s conscience. Brother Baggy is sinning against the Lord by putting condemnation and shame on those redeemed by the Blood of Christ.

Religious tithing is part of the old Law of Moses for the Jews ONLY (Lev.27:30-34). The Law clearly stipulates that only AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE of the LAND OF ISRAEL is a tithable commodity (Deut.14:22). Verse 26 instructs the tither to sell his tithed produce and buy whatever HE wants to eat or drink with the proceeds, including wine or alcoholic beverages! What would Baggy say about Joe Blow Believer buying a six-pack of Bud with his tithe money? Jesus called tithing a MATTER OF THE LAW (Matt.23:23) when He mentioned the Jewish law of tithing fruits of the earth such as MINT, ANISE AND CUMIN (not the fruit of the Federal Mint!)

Many testify to becoming destitute (or having their marriages break up from stress) after years of tithing. People don’t prosper when they tithe because LEECHER PREACHERS are gobbling up their livelihood (Prov.30:15). If you’re covered with blood-sucking parasites it will make you sicker, not healthier! More importantly, Paul warned that those who come back under the Law of Moses or any part of it automatically fall under the CURSE OF THE LAW (see Deut.chapter 28) for failure to keep the whole Law perfectly. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Whenever you change the terms and conditions of God’s perfect Law to suit yourself (i.e. substituting money for produce as a tithable commodity) you’ve kept the Law imperfectly and fall under its curse. To make matters worse, you have to keep all other 612 regulations of the Law of Moses because it comes as a package deal and you can’t just pick the parts you like and reject the rest. Keep one part of it and it ALL has to be perfectly kept!

Gal.3:10: For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in ALL THINGS which are written in the book of the law to do them. For all Baggy’s bellowing about how you better fatten his bloated bank account with un-Biblical monetary tithes, does he even ONCE warn his flock that tithing will bring them under the Curse of the Law? So long as Baggy lives in hog heaven, he’s happy and to heck with everybody else!

Whenever preachers give even passive acceptance to hero worship from Christians they’re manifesting a spirit of Antichrist (instead of Christ). By lording it over their flocks as gods, they’re promoting IDOLATRY in God’s people and causing Christ’s little ones to stumble (Matt.18:6). Peter instructs true ministers of God to have a humble attitude, not to be greedy of carnal gain, and not to exalt themselves as lords over God’s heritage (I Pet.5:2-4).

Lust for power and money has caused the spiritual ruin of many a preacher and shipwrecked many souls who invested time and treasure in his message.

Source
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Preach the gospel brother,that's what sinners need to hear. that's what glorify christ. Not judging people you know little or nothing about. Ridiculing christ body openly for sinners to be more harden against christ. Leave men to be judge by their master.

1 Peter 4:15
But let none of you suffer as a. . .busybody in other men's matters.

1 Like

Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
Frosbel, fire on!

Joagabje is feeling the heat with his guilty conscience on tithing!

2 Likes

Re: Leecher Preachers by Candour(m): 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

Preach the gospel brother,that's what sinners need to hear. that's what glorify christ. Not judging people you know little or nothing about. Ridiculing christ body openly for sinners to be more harden against christ. Leave men to be judge by their master.

Matthew 23:15
''Woe unto you Scribes and pharisees, hypocrites, for you compass sea and land to make one proselyte and when he is made, you make him twofold the child of hell than yourselves''

You know Joagbaje,it's better to leave the sinner where he is than use a false doctrine to make him twice the son of hell.

An old bible teacher once said a 100% lie is more easily corrected than 90% truth mixed with with 10% lie and i think i agree with him fully.

In the write up by Frosbel,there was no name calling so we shouldn't condemn it with subjective bible verses.other men's matters in the verse you quoted simply refers to private individual matters but when it comes to the issue of the church,it's every christian's duty to poke his nose my dear brother.

If only more people had made Rev Jim Jones 1978 issue their own,we would not be talking of a mass suicide of close to a thousand people in the name of 'Christianity'.

may God help us
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
Candour:

Matthew 23:15
''Woe unto you Scribes and pharisees, hypocrites, for you compass sea and land to make one proselyte and when he is made, you make him twofold the child of hell than yourselves''

You know Joagbaje,it's better to leave the sinner where he is than use a false doctrine to make him twice the son of hell.

An old bible teacher once said a 100% lie is more easily corrected than 90% truth mixed with with 10% lie and i think i agree with him fully.

In the write up by Frosbel,there was no name calling so we shouldn't condemn it with subjective bible verses.other men's matters in the verse you quoted simply refers to private individual matters but when it comes to the issue of the church,it's every christian's duty to poke his nose my dear brother.

If only more people had made Rev Jim Jones 1978 issue their own,we would not be talking of a mass suicide of close to a thousand people in the name of 'Christianity'.

may God help us

Thank You Bro, I was about to say the same thing.

Nigeria has been over-saturated with the gospel , yet most people choose the false gospel.

The Problem we have on our hands is not that the country has not been reached with the gospel, in fact it has been covered 1000 times over, the problem is that wicked and false hirelings have hijacked the gospel , re-branded it, sold it and in the process ruined millions of lives . They have fed the sheeple and those with itching ears who are in it for the money or gain , with poisonous teachings , lies and outright deception .

Preaching the gospel is an easier task that the one ahead of us which is to expose the false teachers, pastors, prophets and save some from the fire. It is a rather dangerous venture, because one's live is at risk when trying to bring down the empires and kingdoms of these hirelings.

"snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh." - Jude 1;23
Re: Leecher Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje had been trying over the years to use emotions mixed with scriptures to shut the mouth of those who expose falsehood within the body of Christ, forgetting it's more dangerous to peddle with heresy within the body than outside the body. Our household needs clean up and God is raising the new breed of Berean church to challenge and carefully examine whatever the religious leaders had erroneously passed down to the church of God.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
Goshen360: Joagbaje had been trying over the years to use emotions mixed with scriptures to shut the mouth of those who expose falsehood within the body of Christ, forgetting it's more dangerous to peddle with heresy within the body than outside the body. Our household needs clean up and God is raising the new breed of Berean church to challenge and carefully examine whatever the religious leaders had erroneously passed down to the church of God.

I agree with you but you have no solutions to frauds like Joagbaje.

I as an atheist, have a solution. smiley
Re: Leecher Preachers by Goshen360(m): 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2013
grin @ logicboy. Suggest your solution and let's see. grin
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
Goshen360: grin @ logicboy. Suggest your solution and let's see. grin

-Constant anti-tithing preaching in churches (better to give a poor man than to tithe to a church)

Even churches that do only offerings would be scared of their cashflow if they tried such things
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
Goshen360: Joagbaje had been trying over the years to use emotions mixed with scriptures to shut the mouth of those who expose falsehood within the body of Christ, forgetting it's more dangerous to peddle with heresy within the body than outside the body. Our household needs clean up and God is raising the new breed of Berean church to challenge and carefully examine whatever the religious leaders had erroneously passed down to the church of God.

You're making a big mistake bro. Let me just leave you guys alone . I can see you're doing good job getting logicboy saved . As you ridicule the church before sinners . Just remember christ will hold you responsible for every sinner that get harden through you. If this Were a christian forum . I won't blink an eye. But before sinners . It's a shame
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

You're making a big mistake bro. Let me just leave you guys alone . I can see you're doing good job getting logicboy saved . As you ridicule the church before sinners . Just remember christ will hold you responsible for every sinner that get harden through you. If this Were a christian forum . I won't blink an eye. But before sinners . It's a shame

People like LogicBoy have been turned away from the TRUE Gospel because of the hypocritical practices of hirelings and corrupt preachers.

It does not take much to see that there is something grossly wrong with the way so called Christians conduct themselves in this day and age, very much removed from the true life and preaching of JESUS.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

Hardened. This guy is a hardened fraud. Gaddem tithe hustler smiley

Upon all the threads against your tithing ministry, you dont even shake. You spout your prosperity gospel with no remorse.

Hardcore stuff
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
frosbel:

People like LogicBoy have been turned away from the TRUE Gospel because of the hypocritical practices of hirelings and corrupt preachers.

It does not take much to see that there is something grossly wrong with the way so called Christians conduct themselves in this day and age, very much removed from the true life and preaching of JESUS.

lol....you are one to talk. How are you showing the true gospel with your actions?

-Copying and pasting- Did Jesus copy and paste when he was lecturing and exposing the Pharisees?
-Attacking anyone who doesnt follow your christian doctrine- catholics, muslims etc
-spreading hate towards atheists ( whole thread titled "I hate atheists"wink
Re: Leecher Preachers by debosky(m): 5:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ Joeagbaje

So you should not speak the truth in front of sinners?

How do you expect to 'convert' someone if you are reluctant to criticise wrongdoing in your backyard? That is called hypocrisy and people can smell that from miles away.

Our focus should be on preaching the gospel, but that also includes exposing those that are twisting the gospel for fraudulent gain. When unbelievers see you fighting for the truth and not supporting fraud simply because someone claims to be a Christian, you have a far better chance of getting through to that person.

Hypocrisy and insincerity are the quickest ways to turn people off the gospel message.

1 Like

Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol....you are one to talk. How are you showing the true gospel with your actions?

-Copying and pasting- Did Jesus copy and paste when he was lecturing and exposing the Pharisees?
-Attacking anyone who doesnt follow your christian doctrine- catholics, muslims etc
-spreading hate towards atheists ( whole thread titled "I hate atheists"wink

ehhmm !! wink
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 5:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hardened. This guy is a hardened fraud. Gaddem tithe hustler smiley

Upon all the threads against your tithing ministry, you dont even shake. You spout your prosperity gospel with no remorse.

Hardcore stuff

You are in no place to discuss christian matters . Christian discuss christian doctrines dear.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

You are in no place to discuss christian matters . Christian discuss christian doctrines dear.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Majority of your books in the bible were that of Jews (non-christians)

Your most prolific christian writer was a christian killer in his past life (Paul)

You might want to educate yourself
Re: Leecher Preachers by amdatam: 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

[size=13pt]You are in no place to discuss christian matters.[/size] [size=16pt]Christian discuss christian doctrines[/size] [size=22pt]dear[/size].

Patronising

- Treating with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority

and speaking to or behaving towards someone as if they are stupid or not important.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 6:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
debosky: @ Joeagbaje

So you should not speak the truth in front of sinners? How do you expect to 'convert' someone if you are reluctant to criticise wrongdoing in your backyard? That is called hypocrisy and people can smell that from miles away.

Our focus should be on preaching the gospel, but that also includes exposing those that are twisting the gospel for fraudulent gain. When unbelievers see you fighting for the truth and not supporting fraud simply because someone claims to be a Christian, you have a far better chance of getting through to that person.

Hypocrisy and insincerity are the quickest ways to turn people off the gospel message.
[/quote]

That's not the point. What do you say about christian couple quarreling before Neighbours who are not saved. No matter the point each is trying to communicate . I don't know if you get my point. Attacking the body of christ before sinners is wrong . You're simply destroying what you think you're building. If this were a christian forum lets fight it out if there need be. God even detest the idea of Christians selltlimg dispute before sinners. The body of christ is too honorable for this criticizing and attacking

1 Corinthians 6:5-6
I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

That's not the point. What do you say about christian couple quarreling before Neighbours who are not saved. No matter the point each is trying to communicate . I don't know if you get my point. Attacking the body of christ before sinners is wrong . You're simply destroying what you think you're building. If this were a christian forum lets fight it out if there need be. God even detest the idea of Christians selltlimg dispute before sinners. The body of christ is too honorable for this criticizing and attacking

I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

Not everyone who says he/she is a Christian is ONE, only the LORD knows those who are his.

All those who are his , must depart from every form of iniquity, which includes the blatant exploitation of his children, stealing their money and livelihoods , while using it for other projects that have nothing to do with the welfare of breathing human beings .
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2013

That's another mistake you're making. One of the reasons I avoid threads like this sometimes is the fact that some of you deliberately twist my concerns into a cover up. Very absurd. Nothing personal here . I have scriptural foundation on issues I raise.

Secondly before you go open in ridiculing your brother ,how sure are you that he is wrong and you are right. Supposing you are wrong . Besides truth is communicated in love.

Lastly have you ever wondered why Jesus said if you have issue with your brother. Go to him ALONE. Church matters either disputes or doctrine are settled in the church . Few need to discern the body of christ.

Since there tendency you may be wrong. Think twice . Paul didnt fight doctrinal matters with James at the hill of mars or agora market.

Matthew 13:29-30
But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest:and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them:but gather the wheat into my barn.
Re: Leecher Preachers by debosky(m): 6:21pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

You want to 'hide' what is already evident to everyone - a couple quarrelling are showing they are human beings, not some saints walking on clouds. It's a different issue altogether.

This is about what Christians stand for - and this is truth. If Christians stand for truth, they will not tolerate hypocrisy or falsehood, even in their own backyard. God is more interested in truth and honesty than 'protecting' the body of Christ. We are not settling disputes in front of sinners - Christians are pointing out the flaws in their midst as it should happen.

Judgement will begin in the house of the Lord, so we cannot be quiet and let these things go unmentioned.

There is no court case here - neither has anyone called an unbeliever to judge between brethren. This is Christians standing for what they believe is right and pointing out that which is wrong.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2013
debosky:

You want to 'hide' what is already evident to everyone - a couple quarrelling are showing they are human beings, not some saints walking on clouds. It's a different issue altogether.

This is about what Christians stand for - and this is truth.

So what I'm I hiding and what is the truth?
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
debosky:
There is no court case here - neither has anyone called an unbeliever to judge between brethren. This is Christians standing for what they believe is right and pointing out that which is wrong.

The court case is not the issue . The principle is thie same for every dispute either doctrinal or civil. It's dealt with in house . The issue is not who wins . But sinners watching saints tear each other apart for self righteous glory. Early church had doctrinal issue. And they respected each others conviction. I may not agree with you . Whatever you're preaching I may not agree with you but don't bring it to my door step. That's Paul's idea. He had obvious issues with other apostles . But truth is communicated in love . So long as there is a chance you might be wrong,humble yourself .

Romans 14:5-6
One man esteemeth one day above another:another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Fighting to the death is not of God . Especially if the person you're contending with has scriptural backing for what he believes.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Ubenedictus(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

Re: Leecher Preachers by Ubenedictus(m): 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

did i just read 'busybody'?
Re: Leecher Preachers by Ubenedictus(m): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
Oga it seems u are sweating, should i get a fan.
Joagbaje:

The court case is not the issue . The principle is thie same for every dispute either doctrinal or civil. It's dealt with in house . The issue is not who wins . But sinners watching saints tear each other apart for self righteous glory. Early church had doctrinal issue. And they respected each others conviction. I may not agree with you . Whatever you're preaching I may not agree with you but don't bring it to my door step. That's Paul's idea. He had obvious issues with other apostles . But truth is communicated in love . So long as there is a chance you might be wrong,humble yourself .

Romans 14:5-6
One man esteemeth one day above another:another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Fighting to the death is not of God . Especially if the person you're contending with has scriptural backing for what he believes.
u don quote tire.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Goshen360(m): 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Joagbaje, where do you want us to exclusively air the truth? You forget this is pubic forum and audience are mixed. Even if it were to be Christian forum exclusively, how do you expect the whole internet audience to be Christians only. This is not church gathering and even in church gatherings, you dont expect all to be Christians without one single unbeliever. Also, when a preacher is talk to television audience, you can't say the whole audience must be Christians even if such preacher rebukes or corrects Christians in his preaching. You are simply hiding under the veil of scriptures to avoid open exposure of falsehood within the body of Christ. Our house needs clean up sir.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2013
@joagbaje
give up and stop beign stiffnecked.the tithe lie has been exposed
Re: Leecher Preachers by mbaemeka(m): 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
I just read where a 'fellow christian' claimed that another is 'hiding under the veil of scriptures'. This is indeed exasperating. What should be his defence? His emotions or logic?

There has always been an order of doing things in the house of God-devoid of self aggrandizment and furtherance of personal tenets. I understand that two well meaning christians having a dispute on a biblical issue can exchange emails or phone numbers so that the issue can be treated away from 'unbelievers' and so that the right order would be adhered to. All this hypocrisy in the name of cleaning the house of God has to stop. Did God tell you to clean his house for him? Certainly not!

I can imagine the message that frosbel and goshen360 have passed across to logicboy and co. The impetus to even pat yourselves on the back whilst the atheists egg you on is even more mind boggling. Remember that any decision (no matter how worthy it appears) that is detrimental to the body of christ or that sways an unbeliever further would be held more accountable to the executer! Let those who have ears, hear.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
mba emeka: I just read where a 'fellow christian' claimed that another is 'hiding under the veil of scriptures'. This is indeed exasperating. What should be his defence? His emotions or logic?

There has always been an order of doing things in the house of God-devoid of self aggrandizment and furtherance of personal tenets. I understand that two well meaning christians having a dispute on a biblical issue can exchange emails or phone numbers so that the issue can be treated away from 'unbelievers' and so that the right order would be adhered to. All this hypocrisy in the name of cleaning the house of God has to stop. Did God tell you to clean his house for him? Certainly not!

I can imagine the message that frosbel and goshen360 have passed across to logicboy and co. The impetus to even pat yourselves on the back whilst the atheists egg you on is even more mind boggling. Remember that any decision (no matter how worthy it appears) that is detrimental to the body of christ or that sways an unbeliever further would be held more accountable to the executer! Let those who have ears, hear.

The Truth is that 80% of what is called Christianity in Nigeria today is a BIG Joke and is actually more of a hindrance to the salvation of souls than anything else.

It is useful to bring these issues to light and discuss them with the purpose of saving the few that still have a yearning for the truth.
Re: Leecher Preachers by Joagbaje(m): 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
Goshen360: Joagbaje, where do you want us to exclusively air the truth?

What is the truth? How much do you know to judge the other man? Have you found the premise on which he stand . But to answer your question, truth should be aired with a purpose and target. We can discuss doctrines here scholastically . But name calling ,insults and abuses before sinners don't glorify christ. He will only tell you "who sent you" teaching and correction has a bible way to be communicated . And everyone has right to his belief and convictition. It's the holyghost who opens a mans understanding. There are different levels of truth. Lesser truths and greater truths. The man with lesser light has lesser truth. You can't blame him ,that's all he knows. We intercede for the Holy Spirit to open understanding of people . That's his work. We can do it by dirty fight .

You forget this is pubic forum and audience are mixed.

We should use everything thing God has given us to reach sinners , not to tear the body .

Even if it were to be Christian forum exclusively, how do you expect the whole internet audience to be Christians only.This is not church gathering and even in church gatherings, you dont expect all to be Christians without one single unbeliever

Sinners won't go surfing christian doctrines sites .

. Also, when a preacher is talk to television audience, you can't say the whole audience must be Christians even if such preacher rebukes or corrects Christians in his preaching

Preaching truth in love is different from criticism and tearing each other apart. Has anyone been able to convert the other?.

You are simply hiding under the veil of scriptures to avoid open exposure of falsehood within the body of Christ. Our house needs clean up sir.

It is not you who does the cleaning . It's the work of the Holy Spirit. Teaching truth is not judgementslism . How much of truth do you know to judge another. Oyaks says mastubation is not a sin, Goshen says premarital sex is not a sin, kuns says tithing is obsolete. You can present your point scripturally and leave it there . But attacking another for his conviction based on the light he has is unscriptural. I may not agree with your doctrine . But it shouldn't be personal. The name callings and insults to other Christians in the name of Jesus is . Fleshly and carnal. Truth is spoken in love if it's from the holygjost. Because as much as you may be right you may sill be the one in error.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Evolution A Living Or Non-living Thing? / Biblical Standpoint Of The Of The Sayin' ''god Gives 'n' God Takes''. / Does God Hear And Answer The Prayers Of Sinners Or Unbelievers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.