Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Reccommend A Good Nursery School - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reccommend A Good Nursery School (849 Views)

Reccommend A Good Nursery School / Good Nursery - Primary School In Ajah / Nursery School Search In Surulere: Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reccommend A Good Nursery School by ayandee: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
I'm worried that my 2yrs 7month old son cant recognise any letter or number. He also doesn't recognise basic shapes and colours. I've been trying to do my bit at home (through some boardbooks) but i feel they are not doing much to help in school. He recites the alphabets and numbers but i don't think that's enough. I'm considering changing his school in the third term. Kindly reccommend any good school around Gbagada or Oworosoki.
Re: Reccommend A Good Nursery School by biolabee(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
hmm.. firstly do not worry yourself too much

Kids all seem to have diffrent rates of assimilation inti thier environment but they all seem to catch up and even with their peers by 4/5

I will ask you some questions firstly

- Are you in a multi lingual home, at times kids find it difficult to communicate at first as the lingos dey mix fir their head but when they stabilise they are the top

- How is his speech, kids need to hear exceptionally to pick up stuff around them
You may need to take him to an ENT to check his hearing. My nephew had a similar issue and it was discovered his ears were blocked with thick wax

- If not any of this, Gbagada area has some good schools

- Corona t anthony
- The area around harmoney estate has some good schools

Choosing a school for a child is not only about the money
Answer first then we will see how we go
Re: Reccommend A Good Nursery School by ayandee: 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2013
Thanks biolabee. We speak English and Yoruba at home. As regard speech, he didn't talk much until he was 2years. Now he talks and understands most of what is said to him. I've heard of Corona but i think that would be on d high side. We're middle income earners.
Re: Reccommend A Good Nursery School by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
Not being able to recognize letters, numbers, shapes and colors has nothing to do with his hearing especially since he can recite the alphabet and numbers. He needed to have heard them first to be able to recite them. I see no need for an ENT check up here.

Kids learn at different paces and that's just another phase of learning that your child has just not reached. I think your kid is doing just fine for his age. You can continue to work on more stuff but I don't think there is any cause for worry at this point. But certainly you can change his school if you feel he is not being challenged as you would like.
Re: Reccommend A Good Nursery School by biolabee(m): 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
ayandee: Thanks biolabee. We speak English and Yoruba at home. As regard speech, he didn't talk much until he was 2years. Now he talks and understands most of what is said to him. I've heard of Corona but i think that would be on d high side. We're middle income earners.

If he talks and speaks well then you have nothing to worry about
Just remove your mind from it and trust all will be well
Since he is speaking and talking well there is no issue

You can check this link for further useful info

http://www.babycenter.com/404_whats-the-best-way-to-teach-my-child-the-alphabet_6897.bc
Re: Reccommend A Good Nursery School by ayandee: 12:48am On Mar 04, 2013
Thank you very much biolabee and ileobatojo. The babycentre page really helped. I'll read more to him and get flashcards while working on changing his school.
Re: Reccommend A Good Nursery School by biolabee(m): 8:33am On Mar 04, 2013
You are welcome.
He/she will develop exceptionally by his grace

(1) (Reply)

Nairalander Help O / 15 Signs You Are The Partner From Hell / Urgent Request For An Housekeeper For A Short Period.08023712488

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.