Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,198 members, 7,842,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Mark Weeps For Ogbodo – Condoles The Guardian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark Weeps For Ogbodo – Condoles The Guardian (529 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Weeps As Fulani Herdsmen Ravage Community / Trouble In Tinubu's Household -the Guardian / President Jonathan Condoles With Mrs Oronto Douglas, Signs Condolence Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mark Weeps For Ogbodo – Condoles The Guardian by tjfulloption(m): 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
President of the Senate Senator David Mark literarily broke down and struggled to fight back tears as the news of the death of The Guardian Assistant Political Editor John Abba -Ogbodo filtered into town.

Senator Mark in an unusual subdued voice lamented the untimely demise of Ogbodo whom he described as an accomplished Journalist and a worthy son of Benue State.

The President of the Senate noted that late Ogbodo was a vibrant, versatile and resourceful Journalist who was professionally minded at all times.

He said ” I feel so devastated. Ogbodo was like my son. Our relationship became stronger and cemented when I met him in the National Assembly as a Journalist, of course, being my relation and a member of my constituents, it was like home away from home for both of us.

“Death is an inevitable end. We don’t plan for it . It must come when it shall. But frankly speaking, this is one death so cruel.

” I sincerely sympathized with the immediate family, the Guardian house and the entire Nigerian media for this painful loss.

Senator Mark noted that added value to the practice of journalism in Nigeria saying he was a man of very high moral standing, who was well guided by the ethics of the pen profession.

He added that late Ogbodo died in the line of duty and urged the Press to uphold the virtues of hard work, sincerity and commitment to the ideals of nation hood which Ogbodo stood for.
Re: Mark Weeps For Ogbodo – Condoles The Guardian by Napoleondegreat: 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
So Benue people answers Ogbodo. A very popular name in my community in Enugu state. And who says there are no Igbo in Benue state? RIP my bro in Benue state

(1) (Reply)

Corruption Beyond Capacity Of Jonathan's Govt- Buhari / Buhari Calls For Jega’s Sack, Accuses INEC Of Deep Corruption / Northerners Own 83% Of Oil Blocs - Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.