Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,057 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 (1699 Views)

Let The SE, SS And SW Unite And Vote For Jonathan Come Next Year. / I Think Buhari Will Lose Against Jonathan Come Next Year. / Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by jude2011: 2:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
It's no longer news that the northern elements hate the igbos with passion. They have been crying foul that the igbos are dominating the army. The northern senators even held a meeting about the issue. The immigration boss was sacked by a northern minister over the same issue of igbo domination. Recently they accused okonjo-iweala of trying to appoint an igbo DG of FIRS. A prominent northerner (makarfi) resigned his membership of the selection committee over the issue. So I ask, what will become of the igbo nation when a northerner becomes president?.
Gej has no doubt favoured the igbos more than any other major tribe and is committed to building the 2nd niger bridge, enugu international airport and many more things. The bridge which is the most important thing the igbos want will become one of the numerous abandoned projects if the north produce the next president. Many oil licenses will expire between 2016- 2018 and they would want to get the bulk of the license.
Their hatred for the igbos will not even allow them to hand over in 2023 after 8yrs rule. Sentiments as far as nigeria is concerned,will always be an issue during elections in Nigeria. Their is glaring likelihood that the APC will field someone from the north that is the main reason peter obi is not in favour of the merger. Looking at gej, he has not really fared badly. People dislike him because he is gentle with power and not arrogant as obj,ibb and co though not suprised by a nation that military men has always been in charge of affairs.
So my fellow ndi igbo make a choice between a man that gives the most competent people post to handle regardless of ethnicity and people who want to dominate all sectors not minding competence.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by PointB: 2:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
GEJ should build and deliver the second niger bridge and (re)commission a fully functional Enugu International Airport plus provide electricity. Then we can start talking about his 2015 ambition. He's done pretty better than all the presidents before him though in every respect. FACT!
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by saintneo(m): 2:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
OK, BTW FTC
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by outrage: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Na watin u dey use think? So he should be voted because he put igbo prople in position doesn't matter if he works or not? Smh..
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
Myopic and bigotry at it peak

I know deep down many of your supposedly intelligent folks..think and speak like this in private but will be too ashame to say it in public. But you can afford to speak it out due largely to the annonymous nature of this forum and also partly to your lack of intelligence .
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by takedat(m): 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
When the criminal elites from the north, SE and other parts of the country unite in trans-ethnic and inter-ethnic looting spree, we do not hear of one region hating the other.

When the likes of Nzeribe, Authur Eze's, Iwuanyawu's and others who benefited tremendously from their association with the northerners were receiving trade concessions and oil blocs, the Northerners did not hate Igbos then! The truth is, the criminal elites from every part of the country hates their poor brethren. Poverty in Nigeria knows no frontier.

What did the SW benefit from OBJ, with the over 30years of northern rule in Nigeria, poverty is king up north and what has the SS benefited from GEJ apart of enriching crooks in the name of amnesty! Say no to tribal bigotry!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
OP,Second Niger Bridge will persuade a lot of Easterners once they see it.

It is not much to ask, why is it taking this long?
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by ikeyman00(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^^ thats just not good enuff in all ratification
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^^ thats just not good enuff in all ratification

State wat exactly would be good enough?(In your opinion)

In my opinion you get one first before you start asking for two.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by aljharem(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
PointB: GEJ should build and deliver the second niger bridge and (re)commission a fully functional Enugu International Airport plus provide electricity. Then we can start talking about his 2015 ambition. He's done pretty better than all the presidents before him though in every respect. FACT!

grin grin grin grin maybe you think nigeria is alaigbo. GEJ would have no rest if he builds second niger bridge without the trains working
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by ikeyman00(m): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^ rubbish!
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
take dat: When the criminal elites from the north, SE and other parts of the country unite in trans-ethnic and inter-ethnic looting spree, we do not hear of one region hating the other.

When the likes of Nzeribe, Authur Eze's, Iwuanyawu's and others who benefited tremendously from their association with the northerners were receiving trade concessions and oil blocs, the Northerners did not hate Igbos then! The truth is, the criminal elites from every part of the country hates their poor brethren. Poverty in Nigeria knows no frontier.

What did the SW benefit from OBJ, with the over 30years of northern rule in Nigeria, poverty is king up north and what has the SS benefited from GEJ apart of enriching crooks in the name of amnesty! Say no to tribal bigotry!

Too enlightened for the OP and his co-travellers to assimilate.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by backtosender: 4:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
we have seen how intelligent your people has become when we look at the history and development of nigeria as in today if not for GEJ nigeria will not have a single dignity to outside world because the intelligent people that have ruled nigeria b4 made t so
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by jude2011: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
ok if pple vote only because of merit and not what they gain, why is the north always demanding for the presidency as if it was meant solely for them even when they have ruled more than any region. I will not vote for Apc unless they field a candidate based on merit only. Fashola, oshiomole are my top picks . But sadly ethnicity will always come to play over merit and thats why they will field a northerner over the lagos and edo govs and sadly many pple like me will vote for pdp at the presidential level. Remember that the devil u know is way better than the angel u don't know. Shikena
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by truth4meal(m): 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
Why must Igbos vote for GEJ - is it a crime for Igbos to vote for someone of Igbo extract? Aside from the politics of "voters" - is GEJ Igbo? Aside from the hatred of the north necessitated by the shadows of Biafra - Is GEJ Igbo? Aside from mis-direction and misrepresentation by Igbo elders - Is GEJ Igbo? See Igbo need not vote for Buhari but not also for Jonah. Igbos should at least show some seriousness if truly they want to rule this country by Voting for someone of Igbo descent. OUK might not be a sellable candidate but can you see how the government of Igbo beloved bride - Jonah is destroying the ambition of every aspiring Igbo codedly. If Igbos are somewhr thinking Jonah will hand over to them if he is re-elected in 2015 they are living in a dream world.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by ikeyman00(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^ fishy

i knew it when u made ur first post and that is enuff reason not to take u seriously

and why would a common call for upgrade of international airport worries some of una so much which will drive in a lot of traffics,revenue for the country and the people
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Gbongbonosi(f): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
Dear poster so you think your suggestion will help igbo people?well its only bastard foolish igbo that will accept with you most of them they we think that if they are not support gej they can not achieve anything instead to exercise for power may be they are destiny for slavery
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by ikeyman00(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
^^^^ pele we already knew who the slaves are

u could be son of one of them shocked

which way to go from here grin
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by lacasa: 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Typical inyamiri thread..

Waste of Space
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by lacasa: 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
undecided
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by mrofficial2(m): 5:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Tribalism in Nigeria is like a plague, devouring this country swiftly and endlessly. SMH
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by jude2011: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
I am not a tribalist and like most igbo people don't give a damn about the presidency. All i want is the 2nd niger bridge. The truth is that the bridge won't cost up to N100 billion. This money is a paltry sum to the fg but they deny a whole region of what it wants most. Gej is the only president that has shown desire to build it . I am sure that if it were a northern project,i would have been built long ago. Imagine the biggest refinery in nigeria was built in kaduna when there was no sign of even discovering oil in the region. Imagine the hell easterners face everyday on the niger bridge. During xmas period u spend up to a full day on the bridge and previous government close their eyes as if we are not part of nigeria . If gej start the new bridge i will not only vote 4 him,i will campaign 4 him cos the northern elites hates to see igbos happy and will sadistically cancell the project claiming that the contract did not follow due process and will never award it again
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
GEJ will loose!!!

Emotions wont work
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:35am On Mar 04, 2013
lacasa: Typical inyamiri thread..

Waste of Space

^^^Typical northern boko bigot!

Waste of sper.m!
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:50am On Mar 04, 2013
jude2011: I am not a tribalist and like most igbo people don't give a damn about the presidency. All i want is the 2nd niger bridge. The truth is that the bridge won't cost up to N100 billion. This money is a paltry sum to the fg but they deny a whole region of what it wants most. Gej is the only president that has shown desire to build it . I am sure that if it were a northern project,i would have been built long ago. Imagine the biggest refinery in nigeria was built in kaduna when there was no sign of even discovering oil in the region. Imagine the hell easterners face everyday on the niger bridge. During xmas period u spend up to a full day on the bridge and previous government close their eyes as if we are not part of nigeria . If gej start the new bridge i will not only vote 4 him,i will campaign 4 him cos the northern elites hates to see igbos happy and will sadistically cancell the project claiming that the contract did not follow due process and will never award it again

^^^Well i don't know why the fixation on just the northern elite, while we ignore the elephant in the room; besides Mimiko (a true detribalised man), i entertain the same fears about most other south west politicians regarding the way they see Igbos/south east!

If the Nigerian polity isn't restructured by 2015, and the next president isn't from either the south south, south east or christian middle-belt, then Ndigbo should be prepared to see their region again marginalized and stifled economically (by stealth of course, as perfected by OBJ); there's a possibility that everything would again be taken to Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna and Zaria, as has been the case since the late 60's till the coming of GEJ.
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by dayokanu(m): 4:04am On Mar 04, 2013
You dont need to tell Ibos to vote Retardeen they would give another 98% votes and come back the next day to ask for Ibo presidency in the same 2015 after voting GEJ

Buncha confused people

2 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
mikeansy: GEJ will loose!!!

Emotions wont work

Mikeansy...long time. You just abandoned NL...
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Ozonna(m): 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
PointB: GEJ should build and deliver the second niger bridge and (re)commission a fully functional Enugu International Airport plus provide electricity. Then we can start talking about his 2015 ambition. He's done pretty better than all the presidents before him though in every respect. FACT!

In addition, GEJ should also ensure that Akwa ibom state government finishes that Ibaka deep sea port on or before 2015. If possible help them complete it overtly or covertly. It'll be of great hElp to Ndigbo and SS
Re: Why The Igbos Should Vote Goodluck Jonathan Come 2015 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Typical northern boko bigot!

Waste of sper.m!
. Laugh don mek me vomit fuel here o

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA BRAKE-UP: Nigeria’s Amalgamation Expires In 2014 / Enugu PDP Guber Aspirant Joins APC / ABUJA ALERT: Boko Haram Terrorists Found A New Way To Operate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.