Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? (2531 Views)

President Jonathan Orders Removal Of His Campaign Posters, Billboards Nationwide / APC And PDP Billboards' Battle In Oshogbo...pic / Ghana Pulls Down Jonathan, Buhari Billboards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by bilms(m): 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
WHY IS OSUN STATE WASTING MILLIONS ON BILL BOARDS. I have been to over 20 states in Nigeria and i am certain that none of the over 20 states i have visited contain so much bill boards of the govt as osun state. If you past through Kwara to Osogbo, the osun state capital, you would notice meaningless and uncountable bill boards every where with all sort of nonsensical writing. One bill board cost close to 1million, yet we have close to 100 on that road. Why is the govt wasting so much money on this useless thing in the name of advert? If the govt is indeed performing, his achievement would speak for itself. These bill boards to me speaks about the unseriouseness of the present govt. I therefore urge the governor to channel the resources and his energy into more important ventures.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by peckhamboi: 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
Firstly, there is nothing called Osun State but THE STATE OF OSUN.

About the billboards, if you dont like them jump inside third mainland bridge or drink acid.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by seanet01: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
peckhamboi: Firstly, there is nothing called Osun State but THE STATE OF OSUN.

About the billboards, if you dont like them jump inside third mainland bride or drink acid.
Wicked Boy.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by bilms(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
He was made by a wicked govt. Pardon him pls.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Is‎​ there any State Govt in Nigeria that doesn't have Bill-Boards??

How many Places have you been to in The State of Osun and the Other 19 states you've visited??

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the State of Osun has the highest number of Bill-Boards??

Who told you that it costs close to a Million to erect a Billboard??

What's the budgetary allocation for Bill-Boards in the Budget of the State of Osun??

By your estimate how much do you think the State of Osun has spent on Bill-Boards??
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by mayorall(m): 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
U no get wok....u beta stat pikin papers on your street to kp yasef busy

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Tolexander: 4:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
i don't want to comment
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by saintneo(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
Never knew people will defend wastefulness to the extreme.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 5:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
saintneo: Never knew people will defend wastefulness to the extreme.

I don't see a case of wastefulness here.

The OP lives in Ilorin and not in the State of Osun..

What I see here is‎​ a Person who after a heavy meal of Amala and Gbegiri (washed down with Alomo) starts claiming that the State of Osun wastes Million on Bill-Boards. Where is‎​ the proof?? The OP should tell us how many billboards he saw in the State of Osun and how much was spent on them, that's the only way to establish a case of wastefulness..

Until then, his post remains a baseless assertion from a tipsy over-fed fellow..

angry
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Sibrah: 5:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Is Mr. OP not the same guy who took pictures of his train trip some weeks back? Please you may want to provide us with some pix of the billboards in focus.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Ikengawo: 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
lack of measurable progress.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by bilms(m): 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hum. I tire o
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Ikengawo: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
state of diminished progress
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Afam4eva(m): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

I don't see a case of wastefulness here.

The OP lives in Ilorin and not in the State of Osun..

What I see here is‎​ a Person who after a heavy meal of Amala and Gbegiri (washed down with Alomo) starts claiming that the State of Osun wastes Million on Bill-Boards. Where is‎​ the proof?? The OP should tell us how many billboards he saw in the State of Osun and how much was spent on them, that's the only way to establish a case of wastefulness..

Until then, his post remains a baseless assertion from a tipsy over-fed fellow..

angry
I'm sure if the OP has asked why Goodluck Jonathan or Uduaghan wastes millions on billboard, you would have agreed with him. Right?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm sure if the OP has asked why Goodluck Jonathan or Uduaghan wastes millions on billboard, you would have agreed with him. Right?

....and your point is‎​??

angry
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Ikengawo: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Afam4eva(m): 6:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

....and your point is‎​??

angry
You know my point but you don't wanna acknowledge it. Let me give you a clue:

It's the same reason why the same IBB that has been demonized will suddenly become a saint to APC followers if he joined their party.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 6:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
You know my point but you don't wanna acknowledge it. Let me give you a clue:

It's the same reason why the same IBB that has been demonized will suddenly become a saint to APC followers if he joined their party.

Come out straight and clear with your point....or are you scared??

cheesycheesy
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Afam4eva(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Come out straight and clear with your point....or are you scared??

cheesycheesy
Scared of what? You wan e-beat me?

I just want you the say the word cos it seems like your best friend.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by taharqa: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Is‎​ there any State Govt in Nigeria that doesn't have Bill-Boards??

How many Places have you been to in The State of Osun and the Other 19 states you've visited??

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the State of Osun has the highest number of Bill-Boards??

Who told you that it costs close to a Million to erect a Billboard??

What's the budgetary allocation for Bill-Boards in the Budget of the State of Osun??

By your estimate how much do you think the State of Osun has spent on Bill-Boards??
Shameless HYPOCRITE
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by taharqa: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
No mind d HYPO..
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by dayokanu(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
So the road is not bad, Its the billboard thats bothering you?

I wish people driving on FG roads can ONLY complain about the billboard and not the borehole on the roads

Next time close your eyes while driving so you wont see the billboard

Everyone happy?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
Scared of what? You wan e-beat me?

I just want you the say the word cos it seems like your best friend.

I should be asking you that.. So tell me why are you scared of saying what you really wish to say..
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Afam4eva(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
dayokanu: So the road is not bad, Its the billboard thats bothering you?

I wish people driving on FG roads can ONLY complain about the billboard and not the borehole on the roads

Next time close your eyes while driving so you wont see the billboard

Everyone happy?
I can't see anywhere in his posts where he said the roads were good. His interests just happened to be the billboards. Btw, are those roads not federal roads. If they're good then credit should go to the guy you hate most in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
taharqa: Shameless HYPOCRITE

Senior PDP houseboy!!

Mow market??

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
Almost same article I wrote awhile back...https://www.nairaland.com/1160891/what-think-ad-osun-state
So much ad..seems like a waste of money to me. Worst part is he shows no pictures of completed projects @all. I know if this report was based on an eastern governor, these same people would lash out so much insult @ the government and people of the region.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:
I can't see anywhere in his posts where he said the roads were good. His interests just happened to be the billboards. Btw, are those roads not federal roads. If they're good then credit should go to the guy you hate most in Nigeria.

If you have paid attention in the past you would have noticed that Aregbesola was the one renovating the road.

I think its a good time in Nigeria when the billboard are the complaints and not the state of the roads if the roads were terrible he wont be complaining about billboard?

If you get home and see your house on fire, Is it your child sleeping inside that you would be bothered about or your picture frame?

Some of the major road projects include the dualisation of Osogbo-Dagbolu International Market-Ikirun junction, Osogbo (Old Garage)-Ikirun road and Ikirun-Ila Odo-Kwara Boundary, costing N17.8 billion; as well as rehabilitation and construction of six selected roads (Igbajo-Okerun-Iresi, Gbongan-Odeyinka-Orile Owu-Ajegunle, Gbongan-Osogbo-Ife-Ibadan Express junction, Ijebu jesa-Iloko-Iwaraja, Ijebu jesa-Ijeda-Iloko-Ilesa and Ijeda jesa-Erinmo) costing N17.5 billion

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=73852
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by GARRIx7(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
Afam4eva:

Nwokem na wa for Ʊ oooo!!

So all the Roads in Osun State are FG roads constructed by GEJ..

Oya clap for yourself!!!

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by bilms(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
What is the insult on this post all about?. Is wasting the state resources on useless billboards what some people are still defending here? No be small thing o. Is wasting over 100million on bill boards when the states graduates are still cutting grasses earning between 7 to 12k as salary under oyes good ? Think am now. Let us all point the govt right for the Nigeria of our dream. No party or candidate affiliation should be used as measure, hold all party accountable and be consistent in your ideology. It shall be well with Nigeria
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by bokohalal(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
peckhamboi: Firstly, there is nothing called Osun State but THE STATE OF OSUN.

About the billboards, if you dont like them jump inside third mainland bridge or drink acid.

I have told you about living in Peckham before. Abeg,how person take dey jump for inside bridge? Any bridge?Not to only Third Mainland?

Op, it is much less than GGT's. Abi na wetin dem dey call dat Maku group.
Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Ikengawo: 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
mismanagement of resources

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Osun State Govt Wasting Millions On Billboards? by Afam4eva(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Nwokem na wa for Ʊ oooo!!

So all the Roads in Osun State are FG roads constructed by GEJ..

Oya clap for yourself!!!

cheesycheesycheesy
The way you guys rewrite people's statements will make someone to end of in jail one day. Where did i infer the bolded? Didn't the OP assert that he was traveling inter-state?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Threatens To Leave APC / FINALLY: Death Is Calling Shekau To Maiduguri / Lagos Governoship Online Pool, Vote Now Online Jimi Pdp Vs. Ambode Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.