Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery (636 Views)

See Photos From Traffic Robbery On Mile 2 Last Night / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos This Morning / Photos From Another Traffic Robbery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by sherfizle(m): 11:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Friday 1st of March seemed to be a great day as I hopped off ma bed to get ready for work. I work on marina at one of the Nigerian banks’ head offices. I got to the office at 8:00am and my colleague Emmanuel immediately shared a robbery experience he had that morning. In his words, he was stuck in traffic at 6:30am around charity bus stop driving towards Oshodi when a strange man knocked on his window and demanded for money. The guy said “fun wa lowo a fe jeun” which means “give us money for food”. To cut the story short, Emmanuel gave him five hundred naira, but the guy became so aggressive and demanded for his phone and all the money with him. As I listened to the story, I laughed at him and blamed him for giving him his belongings.

I left the office at 5:30pm that day being a Friday, u know, Friday hold up dey mad die. I live around Abule-egba area of Lagos, so I was trying to get home early. I passed third Mainland Bridge, linked Alausa secretariat, bursted out at MKO Abiola gardens and then African shrine where I got stuck in traffic. For those who are familiar with the road, you can be still for about 15 minutes before traffic starts flowing as there are usually LASTMA officials around Amaraolu Street who control the flow of those coming from Agidingbi and those trying to burst out at via Amaraolu Street.

I got there at about 8pm and could not wait to get out that traffic as all I saw were brake lights. I was in there for about a minute when suddenly, a strange looking guy hit my window with his hand and demanded for money, he raised his shirt up a lil and there it was, the pistol tucked in his jean. Me being the James bond driver that I am started looking around if there was any escape route I could take, but all to no avail, everywhere was dead blocked. I hurriedly brought out 1k from ma pocket, winded down the glass a little and stretched it to him. He smiled and demanded I took everything out of ma pocket and handed it to him. I declined and resorted to begging him in Yoruba. Like say God dey my side, the guy collected it and said it was because I’m Yoruba o, e for show me. Immediately I left the area, I called 767 (Lagos state emergency service) and reported the almost successful robbery and they promised to send the RRS. How I wan even take tell Emmanuel say the same thing happen to me after I don abuse am.

On a serious note, the security situation in the state seems to be on the upward trend, we all need to be very careful and channel it to the appropriate authorities .
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by indie22(f): 12:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
You were very lucky.
Re: Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery by oderemo(m): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
i think its called DAYLIGHT ROBBERY grin, but guess it was evening dem do u .
it could be scarry tho when one is not used to gun, maybe u should go and buy one m.16 and equip yourself.
am only joking bro. sorry for your ordeal.

(1) (Reply)

Jungle Justice And The Nigerian Society !!! / Pastor Rapes Woman In Church During ‘spiritual Bath’ / Beware Of Olx Sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.