Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? (7573 Views)

Vw Passat 2002 Intermittently Moving Sluggishly On First Gear (automatic ) / Nigerian Women Are Bad Drivers!!! / Why Do Women Drive With The Steering Close To Their Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
I'd prefer a "sluggish" driver to a recklessly speedy one on most occasions (except we're fleeing from robbers on our trail or something). I don't know where you think you're rushing to; more often than not, you end up rushing to your grave. Most accidents are caused by overspeeding or reckless driving, not by "sluggish" driving.

If Ihe only thing wrong with female drivers is "sluggishness", then I don't have a problem with that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Niyi11: 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
Women are weaker vessels not only driving sluggishly but in general. I've had so many encounter with them on the road but i thank God i was able to avoid them and will continue to avoid them. Avoidance is the key.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Legalplayerz: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
Women are bad drivers anywhere in the world, they will never accept. I was lucky twice last year.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
ola_pluto: My mum drives faster and sharper than 85% of Nigerian men. I know it and most people who've been lucky to be driven by her also attest to it. I guess its her no-nonsense attitude that reflects in her driving.
However, I agree with you that SOME women are more laid back in their driving, it doesnt mean they're sluggish. Ideally, there should be speed limit depending on which road you are, so any speed is acceptable provided it is within the limit.
and how did u arrive at ur stupid figures at 85%

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by AkinDavid2: 2:40pm On Mar 04, 2013
@OP, i think frustrating female drivers would have been better, most take to the road as if they are operating from the living room where every other road users always need to wait for them to make up their mind. I am so careful whenever it is a woman ahead or behind me cos it is always wahala whether they hit you or vice versa. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by rinzo: 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
cretin: female drivres r a real menance on the road.........had a colg whose car was bashed by a female driver as she was reversing on a street rd...when she was accostyed...she accused my colg of being responsible for the accident since he saw her reversing n didnt start reversing himselfg...instead he sat there n was blowing his horn!!!!............my colg was speecless with fury......women n trheir crazy a=ss logic
lwkmd!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by AkinDavid2: 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
Emiru: If you know what it takes to give birth 2 a child after 9 months pregnancy, u won't b askin diz kinda question.

Common give me a break! Is that what the thread is pointing to? Every loving husband will always know that. tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
All these ones wey dey talk say their mama sabi drive, I know say na automatic una dey talk!

Btw, we thank car manufacturers for automatic gear. We for hear am pass these ones sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don't know how to drive. haven't learnt though
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
Legit1: All these ones wey dey talk say their mama sabi drive, I know say na automatic una dey talk!

Btw, we thank car manufacturers for automatic gear. We for hear am pass these ones sad
LMAO!!

well, she used to drive manual at some point tongue tongue
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by iyatrustee(f): 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
This nigerian woman is an exception cheesy cheesy cheesy! Most times, i practically have to remind myself that after all my james bond, my reflexes are still that of a woman angry angry angry
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
deepwaters :
I've heard so much about women's so-called unskilled driving... Not saying its true or not, but at least women have less road crashes than men, right? And for me, arriving at my destination in one piece is the most important thing, even if you'll be labeled sluggish driver.
U r right Deepwaters cos most men drives to meet d devil in hell.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by gogodaye(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
The rationale simply put:-........ Is to draw the attention of other road users & motorists to themselves considering the huge traffic snarl they generate by their customized driving style on our roads..........AND NOTHING ELSE. This discernible from the conceited look on their faces as you go past them. I still maintain that there is nothing as enigmatic as our SISTERS in all of the creatures we the men folk have had to share and compete for space with here on this earth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Od31(m): 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
deepwaters :
I've heard so much about women's so-called unskilled driving... Not saying its true or not, but at least women have less road crashes than men, right? And for me, arriving at my destination in one piece is the most important thing, even if you'll be labeled sluggish driver.

I agree with you totally! That you drive speed does not make you a good driver! The fact is that they get to their destination safely and on time (at the right time). how many accidents on the road that female drivers are involved in?
Drive safely. Speed kills!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 04, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by sktechnologies: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
KNOW THE MOST INTRESTING PART OF ANY COUNTRY.
http://84cfeb6e.seriousdeals.net

Some nations yet dont exist in so many people's mind and cant have connecting value of information about anything or a little detail about anycountry in the world, least about the most intriguing and essential infos about a country you may like to know about in the world.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by chynasaz(f): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
nonesense: Brain loading..........97%
Na your woman dey drive sluggishly
my Lady dey drive fast even on bed when she is on top grin
U no Gt sense

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Lexaccord(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
cretin: female drivres r a real menance on the road.........had a colg whose car was bashed by a female driver as she was reversing on a street rd...when she was accostyed...she accused my colg of being responsible for the accident since he saw her reversing n didnt start reversing himselfg...instead he sat there n was blowing his horn!!!!............my colg was speecless with fury......women n trheir crazy a=ss logic

Bro this happend to me last year August. Just this kinda scanario u painted o. She even accused me of wanting to bbeat her just becos I came down from my car to deman an explanation and she seemed to be overwhelmed with my height!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by dabrake(m): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Emiru: If you know what it takes to give birth 2 a child after 9 months pregnancy, u won't b askin diz kinda question.
on this thst post
this will be the daftest post on this thread. I still can't see the correlation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by methodman(m): 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
@OP...U never jam my mama before....If she drives for you ehn...you go fear say women sabi drive past men.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by DrBlack(m): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
deepwaters :
just wondering why a car used by a woman has better second value than a car used by a man.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by adewasco2k(m): 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Annoyingly sluggish driving? Yea...my sister! My mum? Don't go there...she drives like a man and even better than 40% of men....excluding me

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by ifedun2: 7:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
I will say it is because we are not as reckless as you men.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by aaliyaSA(f): 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sad to say that I agree wit most of the men who have posted. Most women r bad drivers n need to learn that a car is meant to be driven!!!! The worst r the ones with sporty fast cars that drive like they have all day to get to their destination. As for automatic cars....I wil drive one when I am 70 grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by InHim4Him(m): 7:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
They are always shopping or planning the next runs. Low concentration. A lot of distractions especially in busy shopping areas or busy joints where there are lots of men. Or if they have a friend in the car with whom they are gossiping about that colleague who has a crush on Oga. Women are women any day!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
pafestula: Why almost every Nigeria females drives sluggishly both on highway and within the city? a married woman almost caused me a serious accident this morning when I was driving so fast to my office in order to meet up with serious deals.. please NL let us share our view and experience on this topic, maybe I would be able to get an answer to this long-ago heart bordering question especially the female drivers in the house, your contribution is VERY IMPORTANT. Thanks

Before we know what the woman did wrong, i will start by telling you that yourself you were also wrong, YES wrong
I was driving so fast to my office in order to meet up with serious deals..
not planning your journey causes accidents, in your case you drived fast to get into the office in time, you should have left home earlier to avoid driving fast becoz the stress of getting at office late due to poor journey plan causes irratic driving

when i say journey plan i mean considering time and traffic, therefore they wont be under any pressure to get to office since you wont be behind time
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Even people wey their mama no get bicycle come nairaland come dey fumble

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by stewie(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Those silly old men in yellow taxis should be relegated to Epe - Badagry routes! Thier driving is so pre-colonial. ..

~vicky~:
Most of the slow drivers I encounter are old men grin

@ top a lot of females do not drive as much as males so their confidence and experiences can be generally lower
Many times they have children on board which can also account for the differences
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by BrightDeGea(m): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Too much slaming from their husbands, so d thing dey weak them wella

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? by Ikenna351(m): 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do It Yourself (DIY) Tips: How To Change Your Air Filter / Things To Check On Your Car After An Accident / 2004 Toyota Corolla Sport Or 2005 Mercedez Benz C230 Komporessor ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.