Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” (738 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Femi Kuti At His Home / Seun Kuti Denies Saying People Shouldn't Vote For Buhari, Calls Out Reporter / Seun Kuti Denies Vowing Not 2 Vote For Buhari Because Of Wat He Did 2 His Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by fatdon2(m): 10:52am On Mar 05, 2013
First son of the late Afrobeat legend,
Fela Anikulapo Kuti, due to what music
has turned to in Nigeria, is not limiting
himself to be a Nigerian citizen; he’s
rather a citizen of the Africa
continent. The reason being that, the music he plays is more welcomed and
accepted in other black nations and
nations where Afrobeat is played and
enjoyed than Nigeria. “Afro beat can never die, maybe in
Nigeria, but in America, there are over
forty to fifty bands; in New York
alone there are over 20 bands; it
exists in Japan, Australia, San
Francisco and other parts of the world. So when you think that afro beat is
dying in Nigeria, in other parts of the
world, it is becoming bigger and more
popular. It does not matter where it
originated from, we are all from the
same planet, and I am not going to get caught in the foolishness of being
a Nigerian,” he charged. The award winning Femi Kuti said, “I
am not a Nigerian, I am an African.
When you understand the history of
Nigeria, Nigeria is a colonial structure
set in motion by Lady Lugard. So
Nigeria is not our name. When you understand the history of
Africa, then you will not be foolish to
fall into the category of calling
yourself a Nigerian. I am an African,
because you understand that Africa
was divided 1885. When you look at it from that perspective, you will
understand that people appreciate
the talents that come out from this
part of the world.”
www.247nigerianewsupdate.com/femi-kuti-denies-fatherland-i-am-not-a-nigerian/
Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by Akshow: 11:09am On Mar 05, 2013
WHATEVER ROCKS UR BOAT SIR. UR TALENT IS INDISPUTABLE SO IF U WANNA BE AN AFRICAN I SAY GO ON SOUN!
Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by fatdon2(m): 12:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by Tolexander: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
Like father like son!
Kudos to the man that believes in the unity of african structure and not the singleness of its content. Unlike other people that want division of a content of african structure.
Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by Duru1(m): 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
@OP

This is typical amongst certain ethnic group in Nigeria. It is not surprise though that a musician from this particular ethnicity could deny his\her citizenship simply because his\her style of music is no longer in vogue in the country of his\her birth.

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by solid3(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
Does that change the price of anything in Nigeria?

Carry on bros.
Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by seunny4lif(m): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
*solid*:
Does that change the price of anything in Nigeria?

Carry on bros.
Yea,Garri is now 5 naira per cup...
Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by adconline(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
Why is it that NL is full of folks who can read, but can't comprehend? Is Nigeria not in Africa? Africa has a real geographical demarcation, but Nigeria has an imaginary demarcation. Case in point: Bakassi was once part of Nigeria, but it's no more, so Nigeria is an imaginary creation of the British empire for administrative convenience!

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti Denies Fatherland: “I Am Not Anigerian” by Baba419(m): 5:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
I am a human being tongue

(1) (Reply)

Solution To Insurgency In Northern Nigeria....air Your Views / I Just Want To Tell Yorubas And Hausas ..... / A Tale Of Contrasting Statements From Our Revered Cardinal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.