Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,376 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate (771 Views)

Sheriff And Fayose’s 2019 Ambitions Tear PDP Apart / Buhari Presenting The National Budget Of 1984 (Picture) / 2015: Buhari, Tinubu bury ambitions, to anoint candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate by chuxyn: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
APC- Managing the Ambitions, the Egos and presenting a credible candidate

Reference from : http://jonasenebeli..com

There is the saying that a nation deserves the leadership it gets, that has being an unfair judgment on the Nigerian people, because an election is like a beauty contest, you can only choose from amongst the contestants various cartels or political parties put up, thus we had always chosen the best of the devils presented to us.

I want to use this opportunity to welcome the newest and biggest opposition political party in Nigeria, it’s our desire that the APC matures and grows from strength to strength; only then can our politics be balanced and we would enjoy the dividends of competitive ideas geared towards progress and development.

For the APC to stand the test of time, they have got to have a high level of stakeholder management. A lot of politicians come into APC with the sole aim of becoming president by 2015. While APC offers an alternative vehicle it’s still a teething party. Even the PDP with over a decade of leadership in Nigeria, still engage a great deal in managing the ambitions of its members, that’s how they came up with the infamous zoning formula; they have also been able over the years to negotiate and agree on consensus candidates while settling other ambitious politicians into other political positions with the hope of being future candidates of the party. Stakeholder management is very essential for a teething party like the APC.

The primary goal of the APC should be to produce credible candidates that can inspire Nigerians, revive our spirit of patriotism, make us believe again that Nigeria can work; people that really care, respect and believe in the Nigerian peoples ‘desire to succeed; candidates that most importantly can win an election at the federal level. The political interest hierarchy should be - The Nation first, the Party second and individual ambitions follow.
It’s the hope of the Nigerian people that the APC would present candidates that can win but primarily candidates that reflect the decency of the Nigerian people.

It’s not my desire to be any politicians Rambo, because they could get into power and become worse than the predecessors; But I hope that the APC can present someone with the passion to address the real issues of how well public spending and policies will help transform the structure of the economy and rapidly create opportunities to absorb our teeming population in search of good jobs.

Nevertheless I wish the APC can come to support a Ibrahim Shekarau/Adams Oshiomole candidacy through negotiation and consensus amongst the leadership and elder states men, because trying to conduct an unmanaged primary at this teething stage would raise a lot of dust and unsettle the party like what happen in 2003 with the ANPP.

The success of the PDP over the years has been its ability to manage the egos of its ambitious politicians before its primaries. There has always been an all night meeting before the delegates of the PDP go to cast their votes for primaries in the convention. This may not be seen as a textbook approach of practicing internal democracy but it’s the best way to manage and settle the leadership that made the merger possible, manage our ethnic diversity, and the egos of ambitious politicians, and enable all party members work together.

I listened to the last presidential debate and was convinced that Shekarau has a more coordinated vision as president than his other contestants including the eventual winner of the election, especially concerning the police institution and security in general. Kano state has been known over the year as the hub of ethnic crisis in the north, but during his eight years as governor of Kano state he did a good job in taming or managing the hoodlums and was able to secure lives and property in the state. I think he is better qualified to bring the northern part of the country back to order, revive the economy of the region and cement that Nigerian identity which been shaky over the years.

Adams Oshiomole on the other hand has been an inspiration to the Nigerian youth, everybody wants to hear him talk because he inspires confidence and that is what the Nigerian people need at this stage in our national live, someone to let us know our relevance in the global stage today; someone that can communicate the truth to the Nigerian people that we are not just a great nation but one of the greatest nations on earth with an equal proportion of Christians and Muslims spread over the country, we can be an example to the world, if we can leave in harmony then the countries in the middle east have no reasons for acquiring nuclear weapons and threatening the whole earth. Nigeria is actually the hope of the earth.

They are other great personalities like Governor Fashola who would be fantastic as minister of works and Gen Buba Marwa and several square pegs that would fit in rebuilding the economy and our social lives.

Whatever the arrangements are, APC should have a meeting with all major stakeholders in the party and agree on a consensus candidate before primaries, if they don’t do this they will be giving the PDP the opportunity to infiltrate the party with mercenaries that would cause frictions within and affect the soul of the party.

Re: APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate by Wadeoye(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
Tell me what Shekarau stands for apart from talking?

People dont just vote my man... They follow a candidate for a tangible reason - a reason that represents a departure from the past. What does Shekarua has that points to departure from the status quo? What did do in Kano as a governor? Any landmark achievement or initiative or approach to leadership?

Present Shekarau and you will be put the north in the waiting hands of PDP.
Re: APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate by chuxyn: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Wadeoye: Tell me what Shekarau stands for apart from talking?

People dont just vote my man... They follow a candidate for a tangible reason - a reason that represents a departure from the past. What does Shekarua has that points to departure from the status quo? What did do in Kano as a governor? Any landmark achievement or initiative or approach to leadership?

Present Shekarau and you will be put the north in the waiting hands of PDP.

I still have a video of the last presidential debate and he think he is better than any northerner I know, lets be realistic - the next election would be won by a northerner going by political calculations.
Re: APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate by Wadeoye(m): 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
chuxyn:

I still have a video of the last presidential debate and he think he is better than any northerner I know, lets be realistic - the next election would be won by a northerner going by political calculations.

How many people (northers and southers) voted for Shekarau? The man doesnt stand for the change we need in Nigeria. It is not about a northerner winning - it is about having a president that will turn the table in favour of the majority of Nigerians.
Re: APC- Managing The Ambitions, The Egos And Presenting A Credible Candidate by chuxyn: 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
Wadeoye:

How many people (northers and southers) voted for Shekarau? The man doesnt stand for the change we need in Nigeria. It is not about a northerner winning - it is about having a president that will turn the table in favour of the majority of Nigerians.

You are right sir, you opinion would stand in a country like the United states, but as for Nigeria we are still young and polarized, and in need of a lot of ethnic balancing at this time to sustain the nations existence.

(1) (Reply)

Corruption In Nigeria:profile Of Diepreye Solomon Peter Alamieyeseigha / Another Massacre In Borno / Orji Kalu Orders 30% Of Sun Journalists Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.