Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Talking About Weddings: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Talking About Weddings: (935 Views)

We Just Met $ She's Talking About Marriage / Beware Of Robbers At Weddings & Receptions / How Are Nigerian Weddings Funded? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Talking About Weddings: by covie(f): 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2008
i love weddings esp when the vows are being exchanged.some weddings make you feel like crying and some you think they wont last long.what's your idea of a memorable wedding and reception?what do u really expect when you attend a wedding or you are on the bridal train
Re: Talking About Weddings: by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2008
Covie, I don't think the food section suits this topic, maybe the family section would do undecided kiss

Anyway, I've not been to a wedding for almost ten years now, the last time I remember going was just for the jollof rice.
Re: Talking About Weddings: by 4Him(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2008
Weddings are fantastic if you're a member of the groom or bride's family.
Nigerian weddings are way too long, target to go like halfway into the reception . . . get urself some good fried rice with beef and a drink. Chill till the end so u'll get the icing from the cake . . . there's usually a lot.

After migrate to the bride's house and finish the rest of the feasting there. Make sure you bring a change of clothes though . . . sleeping over is always good for the belly.
Re: Talking About Weddings: by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 20, 2008
Chill till the end so u'll get the icing from the cake

he he grin grin Trust me to wait for the cakes cool.

I was once a little bride for my uncle cool, we had to travel to Igbeti I don't know which Yoruba state it was but I remember a lot of rocks in the area. I was a two time flower girl cool, I don't think shyness would allow me to be a bride'smaid cheesy. My cousin is getting married soon and I'm not going to be there angrycry cry cry angry sad Weddings are stressful abeg tongue
Re: Talking About Weddings: by almondjoy(f): 6:32pm On Mar 21, 2008
Extremely stressful if you ever been in one! You just can't wait for that day to come to an end. So many things wrong and you just sit in one place unable to fix them! cheesy

You become a passanger in your own vehicle! But you are not allowed to drive it!

Wonderful but extremely stressfull. The worst part is that the house is so dirty affter the wedding with the smell of dead cows, goats and chickens. Thank God for other houses to run to. grin

Nothing to repeat twice in a lifetime I swear!
Re: Talking About Weddings: by joshjosh(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2008
AJ you want to scare me now abi? waiting and counting the days

(1) (Reply)

Seven Tools For Purposeful Parenting / Sibling Rivalry / How To Give Your Parents Money...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.