Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

The Untouchables - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Untouchables (779 Views)

Britain Has Helped Us To ‘touch The Untouchables’, Says Magu / When Stella Oduah Touched The Untouchables In Aviation Sector - / The Untouchables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Untouchables by babamutu: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2008
after all the billions they stole from us, they were sentence to two weeks in custody after which they used national hospital as exit route, now they are free even more than me and you, are they really untouchable?, God help Nigeria.
Re: The Untouchables by Wilfem(m): 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2008
babamutu:

after all the billions they stole from us, they were sentence to two weeks in custody after which they used national hospital as exit route, now they are free even more than me and you, are they really untouchable?, God help Nigeria.

@ Poster
Who are those [/b]you refferring to? Please try and be specific, Or perhaps you're afraid to mention names?
Please feel free to mention the names of those [b]UNTOUCHABLES
, so that others would really understand.
Re: The Untouchables by SkyBlue1: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2008
I think he means touts and criminals in the mould of Ibori, Odilli, OBJ, IBB, Adedibu, Igbinidion, etc and surprise surpprise, they are all from PDP. I won't call them untouchables simply because it makes me feel like i am glorifying these common tout, motor park boys and agberos in some way. But if we really think about it the much lauded fight on corruption in retrospect has turned out to be a very distorted shadow of the revolution people were claiming it to be. Think about it, the prison system in Nigeria is full of a lot of people who have not even been convicted or found guilty of any wrong doing simply rotting away. Now a quick question, and think hard, how many people "arrested" by the EFCC are in jail today? Justice will not be served until this problem is addressed especially when you look at it from this perspective: these people were not only guilty of stealing from their people and practising daylight thuggery, murder, armed robbery, you name it, but they also robbed Nigerians of 8 years of progress. In those 8 years, people whose only dream was to see the nation grow and progress instead saw the opposite, they stole hope, aspirations and the trust of the citizenry. In those 8 years, offices which were meant to be positions at which the highest patriotism is meant to be displayed in the sense of service to one's country, were instead occupied by the most unpatriotic of Nigerians. Simply put, it is painful. Why do people wonder at the alarming rise in armed robbery and chaos when people in power have shown that crime pays? Everything else seems like a distraction and detraction from the main event until these wrongs are addressed.

(1) (Reply)

Us Moved To Create Civil War With Palestinians / Alao-akala Paid My N5m Hospital Bill – Adedibu (bastards,thank God For Hell Fire / Nigeria Should Either Revolutionize Or Disintegrate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.