Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria (967 Views)

Jonathan Arrives Otuoke Amidst Tight Security / Charles Eruka Reporting Live In Rivers Amidst Gunshot (pic) / Why President Goodluck Jonathan Is To Blame For The Insecurity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Yaya6: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Undeniably, the country as it is today is a far cry from what a well meaning Nigerian desires. Even the air that we breath today is insecure. it is either the Boko Haram or JAMBS are bombing, kidnapping or slaughtering in the north, or militants, pirates and kidnappers are making the south south and south east inhabitable. As well meaning Nigerians, what do we get from the agency that is responsible for our safety?

It is no longer news that the Nigerian Police is currently in Port Harcourt for its 3rd edition of the police game. I was discussing with a friend who moved his family from the north to the village recently and he humbly submitted, "the Police are gaming in the mist insecurity? What are they celebrating? You can get that only from them." his statement was thought provoking. I don"t know if Nairalanders feel the way i do, but i feel the game is absolutely unnecessary , especially knowing that the country is facing security challenges from all corners.

Recall that the IGP announced sometimes that it has budgeted 500 million for the game. He reportedly maintained that the amount was for accomodation, transport, kits and logistics and prize money. More disturbing is the IGs claim that a whooping 1.5bn has been budgeted for games insurance. The one million dollar question here is, is the game a requirement for maintenance of law and order? After its completion, will it reposition the force for greater efficiency?

Just recently Channels Television served Nigerians a heart rending documentary on the deplorable state of the police college in Ikeja, the college was an eyesore and yet they are gaming with N500 million and 1.5bn insurance fee. Seven foreign nationals are still in Boko Haram net yet the police are gaming; also Kwara state police commissioner was murdered three days ago in Enugu and they are busy partying in Port Harcourt. Can we then trust this set of people with our lives. Over 4000 men of the NPF are participating in the games, living Nigerians vulnerable to attacks. NAIRALANDERS HOLD ON TO YOUR GOD FOR WITH POLICE, YOU ARE A DEAD MAN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by silica(m): 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2013
This is a case of a man whose house is on fire, yet he's busy pursuing rats. If Kennis music can suspend the annual Kennis music Easter music festival because of the death of One of it Artist (Goldie), I am disappointed that the police is on a jamboree in port harcourt days after it lost a Commissioner of Police and even with d current security problem. What a shame. Only the police can do this
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Israelmossaic: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2013
I've repeatedly called for the sack of this IGP. He has no vision no mission. 500 million for TP, kits, logistics and 1.5billion for insurance when Ur College is suffering- no water, good infrastructures, no welfare etc. People are dying everyday, instead of organising training for officers or strategising how to curb crime, they re busy gaming. Foreigners are still with BH, no attempt at rescuing them yet they want to go gaming.obviously noting good can come out of them
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by BarryX(m): 12:55am On Mar 06, 2013
That a Commissioner of Police died shouldn't stop anything. BTW, Countless Nigerians died everyday due to their non-chalant attitude to policing. Abeg, let the games begin
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by PrettyRita(f): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2013
Bunch of clowns, can't even protect themselves. I'm sure there is an opening for embezzlement that's why they won't suspend the games to mourn their fallen commissioner or face the security challenges staring them in the face. I heared 500m and 1.5b, hmmmmm! Fools.
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2013
Guys,there's chop chop money to be made.At least 80 percent of that #500m go enter voicemail.
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by bubadaniel13: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2013
There is nothing to game about,maybe they are trying to game their efficiencies,its just an exercise in futility,the NPF is just telling us to go back to God for protection since they have been failing woefully in that regard..it is very clear that the NPF needs a total overhauling
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by KingGeorge1: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2013
As far as am concern that enterprise call NPF is just a Money making organisation or shld i say profit making venture,so nigerians better look else way 4 their security if they want to be alive,cuz as far as this set of insensitive n incompetent elements r concern "Na OYO 4 nigerians" 4 me instead of depending on NPF it's better 2 seek d help of a Babalawo....
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by jerusalem101: 10:30am On Mar 06, 2013
Wellas 4 me,if nigerians r surprise me am not cuz i've stop looking up 2 d police 4 anytin,after all the sss n army is now the ones doing their job so wat do u expect them 2 do than 2 go 4 games with so much money on and the next one will be police picnic.so unprofessional engaging in sport when their house is on fire ....mcteeeeeeeew
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by apala911: 11:00am On Mar 06, 2013
This showcases a clear picture of misplaced priority on the part of Nigeria Police Force.... especially amidst subsisting challenges ranging from murder of kwara state commissioner of police to infrastructural deficiency and corruption. What reputation and legacy is the NPF building especially for the nigerian youths and populace at large.
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Solemntee: 11:10am On Mar 06, 2013
It keeps me wondering if truly a spell has been cast on the Nigeria Police Force or there is an inherent deficiency in the establishment because is there no IGP that can sanitize the force and purge it of this malady. Haba, there is need for systemic overhauling of the our police, even the good ones entering the police are being co-opted to it endemic system deficiency. I charge the Federal government to do something urgently before the situation degenerates further..... a situation where the one who is to be policing are now being policed.
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Joeadamu86: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2013
Maybe they want to go and specialize how to be collecting bribeand be killing innocent people any how...
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by KingSolomonI: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
I am of the candid opinion that they have finally realized that they can't measure up to security challenges especially with consistent reported evidences of inefficiency so they have decided to play...thus ;the Nigerian Police Games!
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by usmanyaro17: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Can you imagine the waste,when the Ikeja police college was left at the mercies of dilapidation,the games is conduit pipe for corruption,no wonder they are always in the news for the bad reasons,because they have neglected their primary assignments and concentrate on making illegal money.The NPF is a huge disappointment..they just need a total overhauling..
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by KingSolomonI: 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
usmanyaro17: Can you imagine the waste,when the Ikeja police college was left at the mercies of dilapidation,the games is conduit pipe for corruption,no wonder they are always in the news for the bad reasons,because they have neglected their primary assignments and concentrate on making illegal money.The NPF is a huge disappointment..they just need a total overhauling..

Yes they need total over hauling..... What are your suggestions on going about it? Or do you want to wait till you are summoned to the House of uncommons before you tell us?
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by usmanyaro17: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
King Solomon I:

Yes they need total over hauling..... What are your suggestions on going about it? Or do you want to wait till you are summoned to the House of uncommons before you tell us?
It has already been said...they need total overhauling and direction to understand modern policing...
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by MurphyT1: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
they prefer playing and galivanting, while gaining financially on side...this is really a wrong timing for this games..it wud have been even beter if they were working tirelessly, one wud hav seen reasons for them to relax thier mind, but the r not doing anything, instead de r just looking for shortcuts to do their jobs...the fg needs to re-orientate dis folks before the become more deplorable as de r now
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Noraokon: 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
this ppl av lost focus. they should look 4 a way and bury their heads in shame.
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Kunlebabs375: 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
At this point I have TÕ̸̳͡ borrow words from the Igodomigodo himself that,"it is a state of bismal mismal and it is regretably lugubrious" that Nigerian Police could embark on a jamboree in the face of current security challenges in the country.TÕ̸̳͡ be candid this is not done in any part of the world and not suppose TÕ̸̳͡ start in this country. The NPF we have today lack focus and initiative TÕ̸̳͡ even project or forecast on the likely solution TÕ̸̳͡ the current security issues in the country.GEJ needs TÕ̸̳͡ sanitize the outfit before they ruin his administration and we the citizen should just be looking on TÕ̸̳͡ God cos relying on NPF...I don't know
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by BeraBera(f): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
NPF and their misplaced priorities.
I wont even be surprised if the venue of that their Games is not adequately secured. I won't be a bit surprised if Boko Haram members go the the venue of their Games and successfully attack them without them even catching one of the attackers.
They lack the tactics and intelligence to handle the current insecurity problems in the country, that's why they can afford to go and be engaging in Police Games at a critical time like this.
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by Joeadamu86: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Five hundred million Naira for games alone...i think its on the high side while their barracks remain shameful
Re: Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria by PrettyRita(f): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Misplaced priority. Incompetent IGP, begging to be sacked

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Ready To Forgo Second Term –presidency / MTN Taking Advantage Of Gullible Nigerians! / Forget 2015 Presidency, Northern Youths Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.