Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola (19992 Views)

Igbos And Lagos Economy / Who Runs The Lagos Economy? / Africa's New Biggest City Is Lagos - & Economy To Outweigh Johannesburg By 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Freiburger(m): 7:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx: UK? - Bwahahahahaha

Why not Switzerland?? undecided undecided

I don't even think Lagos' economy is as strong as neither Birmingham nor Manchester... undecided undecided
Let the weak say i'm strong. cheesy
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Goodysydney: 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
K4: $1=1.8 cedis n $1=160 naira.so which currency has more value?u were talking from ur anu-s,as usual,huh?crap
Hahahaha... See this senseless ape. $1 =1.96 cedi and $1 = 160 Naira. 1 Ghana cedi is 10,000 cedi before ghana government remove zeros and leave 1. Average Ghanaians don,t know 1 cedi rather they called it 10,000. The fact is that 95% Ghanaian are still calling 1 cedi 10,000, 2 cedi 20,000 etc. Expensive mumu like u.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 7:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
bigboyk: Those in support of Fashola should support their claims with facts or reference na. We must end this issue today oo. This argument has to be concluded and with facts. No more deception and politricks!

You mean they should teach you how to read and comprehend?
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bigboyk(m): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goodysydney: which Ghana currency? Cedi. God forbid bad thing. A Ghana Immigration or Custom officer will beg u to give him Naira or even CFA rather than Cedi. Cuz Ghana money no get value.
My guy, I don't mean to insult you, but you sound highly uninformed and ignorant. I doubt if you know anything happening in other places apart from what happens in your locality. You sound like someone who relies on hearsay. Fashola had people like you in mind when he said what he did. He knows most of his people are easy to decieve. Guy, try not to be intellectually lazy. Travel out and see things for yourself or try and use your bandwidth to read more rather than making dumb posts.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by successcertain: 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

Trust me, I see your point and it's well taken, but like many Lagosians, we know what he meant and we are not under any kind of illusion that Lagos states economy is better than England's or Lagos is more developed than England, we know what he said because we know how to read and comprehend.

About comparisons, it's ok to pick and chose who you compare yourself with, but why compare yourself with Bostwana and Kenya? Why not hold your head higher and aim for a better goal in life to boost your own moral and the moral of the people you lead? Why settle for less.? Settling for less is not a good attribute of a good leader no matter what.

The man is doing a good job and he's obviously proud of his administration's economic performance and recognition by global financial agencies.

You have just settled the whole case and no need to comment further, i applaud you for been sensitive and intelligent enough to reason deeply on what fashola is trying to make Nigerian understand ''if you wanna achieve achieve big and dont settle for less'' Nigeria are known to settle for less that is why they recieved little or nothing from the past elected leaders all because they are not encourage by the people to want to do something meaningful which further give corruption a upper hand in the society.

obviously it seem some people are imune to changes while some love to bring jealousy and tribal hatred over everything without thinking twice to consider if the argument and ranting is really worth it . But at the end of the day ''win or lose ''Is the answer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by K4: 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goodysydney: he is a senseless Ghana man.
if u have half d IQ of an average Ghanaian,you'll be d life president of ur sh1thole country.why would any1 follow d bastard son of a red light ashewo,with yellow teeth like tiger claws?
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bigboyk(m): 7:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

You mean they should teach you how to read and comprehend?
Yes! If only that will make me understand and see reasons why you make claims that cannot be proven. You must show me a source oo. Show me where he got his stats from, Mr. 'reader' and 'comprehender' based on what you read above. You can even refer to other sources. I am waiting.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by OmoTier1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=28pt]The response of several posters on this thread shows Nigeria have a very big challenge on her hands! Too many dumb people who cannot comprehend and distinguish between 'A RATING' and 'A GDP ESTIMATE'. Are these the people who will turn Nigeria into a global tech giant . [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by successcertain: 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
K4: if u have half d IQ of an average Ghanaian,you'll be d life president of ur sh1thole country.why would any1 follow d bastard son of a red light ashewo,with yellow teeth like tiger claws?

i challenge your IQ with my dog

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Freiburger(m): 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Omo_Tier1: [size=28pt]The response of several posters on this thread shows Nigeria have a very big challenge on her hands! Too many dumb people who cannot comprehend and distinguish between 'A RATING' and 'A GDP ESTIMATE'. Are these the people who will turn Nigeria into a global tech giant . [/size]
Thank you bro, and i see people mixing up how big an economy is with how sound it is.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by eriegua83: 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goodysydney: which Ghana currency? Cedi. God forbid bad thing. A Ghana Immigration or Custom officer will beg u to give him Naira or even CFA rather than Cedi. Cuz Ghana money no get value.
ur brain must be retarded, ghana cedis is almost equivalent to a dollar nd u re vommitting poo, where is our naira rubbish no wonder Fashola can spit such rubbish for people like you to eat. Nigeria economy is rated above that of uk after all lagos is in nigeria nd recieves allocations frm nigeria. Nonsense talk frm an empty brain to senseless people to believe. Lagos economy is not even growing faster than the english premier league(epl). The biggest league in football. Uk really suffer not even london or liverpool cities but the whole of uk.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bloggernaija: 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
playto: Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola has said the economy of the state is rated above Ghana and the United Kingdom. He also said his administration is currently executing about 1,966 projects across the state.

He said the projects would boost government's plan to transform the state and turn it into "Africa's modern" mega city.

The governor said this on Tuesday during the inspection of ongoing projects in Lekki and Victoria Island in Lagos.

Fashola said, "Currently we are executing about 1,966 projects across the state. The projects we have visited really are the ones that have problems. We have been going round to see what the problems are instead of just reading reports.

"Now we are having a feel of the challenges and see whose ministry is responsible and what we can do to ensure that the ministries and contractors are communicating. These inspections are to ensure that we get many of those projects completed."

Fashola insisted that on completion, the projects would further endear the Action Congress of Nigeria to the electorate.

He said the party would beat the opposition with a wide margin during the 2015 general elections in the state.

He assured the residents that the Ikoyi-Lekki Link Bridge would soon be inaugurated, saying the bridge required finishing work and toll plaza.

The governor, who also flayed the Minister of Information, Mr. Labaran Maku's assertion that the ongoing national good governance tour was muted at the Governors' Forum, said it did not mean all the governors supported the initiative.

He said, "The question I asked then was of what purpose is the tour? Do the people of Nigeria need a tour to know that they are being well governed? What is the tour supposed to achieve? Are they resolving problems at project sites? Where are their projects? What is the value of tour when you can't implement a budget? I can go on tour of projects because my budget performed 89 per cent last year.

"I am not on a good governance tour. I am on a project inspection tour trying to solve problems at project sites."

Fashola argued that the yardstick for measuring good governance could only be done by those who know, adding that the economy of Lagos is now rated ahead of Ghana and the United Kingdom.

The governor said, "Currently, the Lagos State economy is being upgraded from stable to positive, that's good governance, you don't need any campaign to do that."

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-economy-rated-above-ghana-uk-fashola/

Who is talking about your friends. He is talking about real investors with good money. In the uk, businesses are failing . Major high street chain like HMV are in administration and the number of empty shops on the high street keeps increasing.lagos has barely scratched the surface. There is still a long way to go. A smart person with good money would invest in resorts to get ahead on other investor.the tourism sector has barely been touched.not to talk about affordable mortgages.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by OmoTier1(m): 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
Billyonaire: So is it best to conclude that this Fashola, this great SAN and performing governor of Lagos is a fat liar ?
Another silly who does not understand what a RATING means
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by UnknownMember: 7:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
All I saw when I read the article was;

"Fashola said"....

That makes this news so insignificant, the price of garri was not even affected.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by K4: 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=Goodysydney] $1 =1.96 cedi and $1 = 160 Naira. 1 Ghana cedi is 10,000 cedi before ghana government remove zeros and leave 1. TALKING WITH HIS ANU-S AGAIN!HEHEHE ITS CALLED CURRENCY REDOMINATION! do u have a problem with that,f00l?
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bloggernaija: 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Why is Fashola so proud to be dishing out unconfirmed Statistics?

Are those overrated, Photoshop and computer printed projects included in those numbers.

Gov. Fashola's performance - Average

Fact: you will get a better return on investment if you invest in Lagos than the uk.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Freiburger(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
bloggernaija:

Fact: you will get a better return on investment if you invest in Lagos than the uk.
And doing businesses with Nigerians can be at the same time very chanllenging. smiley
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by K4: 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
[quote author=eriegua83]ur brain must be retarded, ghana cedis is almost equivalent to a dollar nd u re vommitting poo, where is our naira rubbish no wonder Fashola can spit such rubbish for people like you to eat. DONT MIND THAT DIRTY,UGLY PIG!LOL
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bloggernaija: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx: UK? - Bwahahahahaha

Why not Switzerland?? undecided undecided

I don't even think Lagos' economy is as strong as neither Birmingham nor Manchester... undecided undecided

Why do you nigerians like showing your ignorance. Investment rating is exactly what he is talking about. Lagos debt to revenue profile is better than any of these places,also the smart money is on Lagos,look around you.can you see how disorganised nigeria is. A lot of building needs to be done. Water works ,power station,domestic gas,broadband( fibre to fibre),tourism,industries to service the domestic market,financial services,pharmaceutical,nerve centre of a country with 150 million people etc.that is just scratching the surface. so much to invest on.that is why Lagos is rated better for investment than London . Just like gsm,anyone who invest in any of these will make a killingRight now you get 0% interest in the uk on your saving.i bet you will get something in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by mars123(m): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
I like Fashola a lot....he is trying to make Lagos a better place.in all Nigeria current governors,he will make the best president.he doesnt care who it affects,he just wants to take the state higher...i mean,how many slums with poor people living in it are in new york or paris or any major city in the worldNIGERIA is a great country.the world knows we were being held back all along.NIGERIA is still a giant.Ghaneans,South Africans,Kenyans and every other black ass African knows this fact...i dont think less of myself,i only know that my country hasnt reached quarter of its full potential...the current government of this great country have started a good work<---that is my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
bigboyk: Yes! If only that will make me understand and see reasons why you make claims that cannot be proven. You must show me a source oo. Show me where he got his stats from, Mr. 'reader' and 'comprehender' based on what you read above. You can even refer to other sources. I am waiting.

Dude get out of here, I'm not responsible for your lousy education and inability to read and comprehend. Like I have time to waste on WAEC drop outs and rejects.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by honprof1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
gbadexy: That na confirm na, lagos economy is definitely bigger than ghana's economy but I doubt if lagos economy or nigerian economy for that matter is bigger than that of U.K

U and ur overrated governor are wrong , simly check one of d yardsticks of measuring Economy , Just check d price control system alone , it is better in Ghana than Nigeria at Large. So wake don't be a sycOphans.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by occam(m): 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
successcertain:

You have just settled the whole case and no need to comment further, i applaud you for been sensitive and intelligent enough to reason deeply on what fashola is trying to make Nigerian understand ''if you wanna achieve achieve big and dont settle for less'' Nigeria are known to settle for less that is why they recieved little or nothing from the past elected leaders all because they are not encourage by the people to want to do something meaningful which further give corruption a upper hand in the society.

obviously it seem some people are imune to changes while some love to bring jealousy and tribal hatred over everything without thinking twice to consider if the argument and ranting is really worth it . But at the end of the day ''win or lose ''Is the answer.

Fashola argued that the yardstick for measuring good governance could only be done by those who know, adding that the economy of Lagos is now rated ahead of Ghana and the United Kingdom.

Nothing is settled. I believe Fashola is doing a great job but when he made this statement it left me scratching my head

How can he compare Lagos state to 2 countries (U.K. & Ghana)? Apples to apples is you compare Nigeria vs. UK. or Ghana

Which rating agency put out this number? Is this short or long term rating? Lagos (Nigeria) grew faster than the U.K in last 3 yrs. We know that! What Fashola said is disingenuous and confusing. Was this deliberately put out there or he simply did not understand the statement he made?

No need for hyperbolas just stick to the facts; verifiable facts. That's all.

All credit agencies rate the U.K. way above Nigeria (and Lagos too) That's a fact you can verify Unless otherweise, Fashola just put out a bulshyte stats to look good
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bloggernaija: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by ikweremilitant: 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Musiwa17: what is well said in that.. The economy of Ghana is bigger than lagos. but the economy of the western Niger(nigeria) is bigger than Ghana.

The western Niger has a large GDP than Ghana.

There is no west africa nation that has a GDP more than the Western Niger of Nigeria. or even the North of Nigeria..
ya with d rate of biscut ogogoro factories with delapidated nd archiec buldings with jalopies as transport means I can realy see hw big d western economy is
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by blackmale1: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Musiwa17: what is well said in that.. The economy of Ghana is bigger than lagos. but the economy of the western Niger(nigeria) is bigger than Ghana.

The western Niger has a large GDP than Ghana.

There is no west africa nation that has a GDP more than the Western Niger of Nigeria. or even the North of Nigeria..
English!!!!unsubstantiated facts
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
The mark of being an educated man is in the face of debates or arguments you provide superior evidence or facts to justify your position.

Fashola said the "Economy of Lagos is now rated above Ghana and United Kingdom"

Can those defending Fashola in clear terms provide the metrics of this rating and also provide superior facts supporting how under any criteria recognised internationally Lagos State Economy is now rated above the United Kingdom.

Please while you are at it remember that eventhough Lagos may at this time have higher economic growth rate than London or UK . . .that is still not enough to claim that the economy of Lagos is rated better UK.

No abuses, just facts and evidence will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
occam:

Nothing is settled. I believe Fashola is doing a great job but when he made this statement it left me scratching my head

How can he compare Lagos state to 2 countries (U.K. & Ghana)? Apples to apples is you compare Nigeria vs. UK. or Ghana

Which rating agency put out this number? Is this short or long term rating? Lagos (Nigeria) grew faster than the U.K in last 3 yrs. We know that! What Fashola said is disingenuous and confusing. Was this deliberately put out there or he simply did not understand the statement he made?

All credit agencies rate the U.K. way above Nigeria (and Lagos too) That's a fact you can verify Unless otherweise, Fashola just put out a bulshyte stats to look good

You are basically arguing against yourself because your endless essays has nothing to do with what the governor said. You people need to quit this bogus oversabi and ITK analysis that's got nothing to do with what was said.

Was Lagos rated higher than UK by Fitch? YES OR NO.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by AbrantieGH(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
gbadexy: That na confirm na, lagos economy is definitely bigger than ghana's economy but I doubt if lagos economy or nigerian economy for that matter is bigger than that of U.K
OMG! We are in the same league as Western European countries. Ghana must be doing something right for the "Giant of Africa" to compare himself to us.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by OmoTier1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
occam:

Who let this one out again undecided
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
still no facts or reference to a world know rating agency that shows that Lagos Economy is rated better than London?

No evidence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / Female Traditionalists Protest In Delta Over Marginalisation By Chevron(pics) / Labour Crisis: FG Directs Kaduna To Follow Principle Of Redundancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.