Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session - Education (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session (116788 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Obafemi Awolowo University,ile-ife Cut-off Marks For 2013/2014 Session / NEWLY ADMITTED UNIBEN STUDENTS 2013/2014 SESSION... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by missylizzy(f): 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
pipz: Hi everybody, happy new year. In fact I don't even know where to start. I just obtained the form for PGD finance on the last day and submitted. I also bought some past questions from the dept as we'll. well, getting home to see through the questions.....omo.... I became dumb, I have a science back ground, but working in a financial organization. I could hardly get any of the questions correct. As the past questions didn't even have answers. So I brought them with me to work today to show some guys @ the finance dept. I was directed to an effico. But even the effico guy said he requires refreshal to answer the questions. Pls I wanna knw if there is any tutorial coming up before the test. (14th). The only thing I can answer are they simple and compound interest questions. But the guy even said its further than that.

Please, let me knw if there are any tutorial around. My email is otunba101@gmail.com Thanks.

Yeah there's a tutorial centre at yaba, I've been attending for long now, its on Saturdays and Sundays but as the exam is getting closer, its during the week. Here's the address: Lagos state college of health,opposite Skye bank, that's Harvey road. U can come today and tomorrow, hope it would help U alot as its helping me.I'll send my number to ur email so as to direct U.

Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by missylizzy(f): 12:02am On Jan 04, 2014
pipz: Hi everybody, happy new year. In fact I don't even know where to start. I just obtained the form for PGD finance on the last day and submitted. I also bought some past questions from the dept as we'll. well, getting home to see through the questions.....omo.... I became dumb, I have a science back ground, but working in a financial organization. I could hardly get any of the questions correct. As the past questions didn't even have answers. So I brought them with me to work today to show some guys @ the finance dept. I was directed to an effico. But even the effico guy said he requires refreshal to answer the questions. Pls I wanna knw if there is any tutorial coming up before the test. (14th). The only thing I can answer are they simple and compound interest questions. But the guy even said its further than that.

Please, let me knw if there are any tutorial around. My email is otunba101@gmail.com Thanks.

Yeah there's a tutorial centre at yaba, I've been attending for long now, its on Saturdays and Sundays but as the exam is getting closer, its during the week. Here's the address: Lagos state college of health,opposite Skye bank, that's Harvey road. U can come today and tomorrow, hope it would help U alot as its helping me.I'll send my number to ur email so as to direct U.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Mintayo(m): 12:46am On Jan 04, 2014
missylizzy:

Pls i will need the direction too.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Ijeawele(m): 12:55am On Jan 04, 2014
nnecar: Pls do u ve 2012 english ans, i need 2
no what u do for kicks
. The answer is (C) for fun.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by larrychocomilo1: 6:56am On Jan 04, 2014
@Ijeawele, it's certainly (c) ie number 76. @ Nnecar, have you solved the math? Or you've cleared it? You must be an 'effico' lol cheesy
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 6:58am On Jan 04, 2014
vicope:

Happy new year ma'am! I lost the zeal to read during the prolonged strike, now I'm trying hard to get prepared......How you dey?
I am good. Same here. Abandoned d books somewhere. What course are u going for and when are u writing ur exam?
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by vicope: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2014
avicky:
I am good. Same here. Abandoned d books somewhere. What course are u going for and when are u writing ur exam?

MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management. Exam is Thursday, 16th January.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 4:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
vicope:

MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management. Exam is Thursday, 16th January.
ok. I wish u all d best. Bon chance!
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Ronisky: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
[quote author=olumyde]Is there any applicant for MSc Microbiology. Let's hook up o. I've got pq. I also applied 4 MSc microbiology, pls hw re d questions lyk. Can u drop ur no. Here is myn 08163515702
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Ronisky: 5:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
@olumyde, i also applied 4 MSc Microbiology. Hw does d questions look like. Plssss drop ur number, here is mine 08163515702. Tanx
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by nnecar(f): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
thanks ijewele, @larry I have solve half of it, not really good at maths
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by larrychocomilo1: 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
nnecar: thanks ijewele, @larry I have solve half of it, not really good at maths
ok no problem. All the best grin
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 6:50pm On Jan 04, 2014
@chinexex... U said d fees for MPIA is 75k, is it for d 2 sessions? I was told at d dept dt it is 200k. Pls help me confirm.
Btw, am i d only MPIA applicant in da house? When i went to submit, i was d 536th person to submit.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by chinexex(m): 7:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
avicky: @chinexex... U said d fees for MPIA is 75k, is it for d 2 sessions? I was told at d dept dt it is 200k. Pls help me confirm.
Btw, am i d only MPIA applicant in da house? When i went to submit, i was d 536th person to submit.

here is a link that will answer your tuition fee questions.

hrdc.unilag.edu.ng / postgraduate.php (leave no space in between '.ng/postgraduate') ..... i don't want the moderator to ban me (lol!)

the price i quoted is for tuition fee ONLY (for 2 sessions)!

Other additional cost vary by department.... TAKE NOTE!
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
chinexex:

here is a link that will answer your tuition fee questions.

hrdc.unilag.edu.ng / postgraduate.php (leave no space in between '.ng/postgraduate') ..... i don't want the moderator to ban me (lol!)

the price i quoted is for tuition fee ONLY (for 2 sessions)!

Other additional cost vary by department.... TAKE NOTE!
Thanks. I've seen it.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
chinexex:

i could hook you up with some MBA guys i know.

MBA (P/T) is 150K
MBA (EXECUTIVE) is 1.2 Mil

exam date - 11th january, 2014.

chinex
Please explain the difference between Part Time and Executive...thank you
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by baggy4luv(m): 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Dr. Asiko:

Please explain the difference between Part Time and Executive...thank you
pls sirs and mas..i need the tuition fees for pgd in education part time..
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by hovitox: 4:27am On Jan 05, 2014
hovitox: . Baba I am a physiologist.....call me 07036731165 or add me 32FE43C5....
boss did you send me a frnd request?cos I saw two android bbm pins starting with num 7...if yes pls resend....thanks...
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Ishilove: 8:56am On Jan 05, 2014
avicky: @chinexex... U said d fees for MPIA is 75k, is it for d 2 sessions? I was told at d dept dt it is 200k. Pls help me confirm.
Lol. UNILAG and their kalokalo cheesy
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 9:18am On Jan 05, 2014
baggy4luv: pls sirs and mas..i need the tuition fees for pgd in education part time..
check d link above dt chinexex sent me, u'll see d fees.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 9:24am On Jan 05, 2014
Ishilove:
Lol. UNILAG and their kalokalo cheesy
no be small kalokalo. Not to talk of other depts. Mehn, unilag dan hammer.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by hovitox: 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
avicky:
check d link above dt chinexex sent me, u'll see d fees.
. Boss what about physiology..I didn't see it there..pls help with a link containing it
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by taioluv: 2:09pm On Jan 05, 2014
Pls ma people where is the venue for the qualifyin mba computer base test? i no see the venue for unilag wewbsite and it is dis saturday pls help
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by yetseyi(f): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
please anybody for Msc biochemistry

It seems I m d only one on this thread for BCH
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by DMainMan: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2014
DMainMan: IMPORTANT INFORMATION

ON PAST QUESTIONS

If u need past questions, send a request to this email address: dmainman@yahoo.com

ON EXAM TIME TABLE

The time table has been adjusted. Always check the Unilag postgraduate website if there is any update.

ON ADMISSION CRITERIA

Emphasis is made on your exams score. Whether u av first class, 2.1 or u are a graduate of Unilag does not count. But sometimes, when there is mass failure, de can consider it so prepare well.

ON EXAMINATION VENUE

Virtually all examinations will be taken at Unilag Multipurpose Hall, Akoka except CBT exams. By CBT, we mean Computer based test whereby candidates will write exams through the use of computer which will be taken at the designated CBT centre at Unilag, Akoka.

ON EXAMINATION STYLE

The exam format could change. It could be theory, objective or fill- in-the-gap. Some will require both written and interview while some could be only interview. However, all CBT Exams are Objective styled.

ON SALES OF FORM

Sales of form will end on December 31st, 2013. If u still wanna buy, go to Wema bank at Unilag, Akoka. After filling the form online, ensure u submit the hard copy to the respective department. U will need to attach photocopy of NYSC, O level, First degree and the printed application form when submitting to the department.

ON NYSC

If you are passing out this February, u can apply though this is not the norm. What I mean is that don’t just be saying that you are doing NYSC to anyone you meet. U might have challenge submitting your application to your department but explain to the HOD that you will pass out in February. Even though he refuses to collect it, when your NYSC certificate is ready ensure u submit it.

ON THIRD CLASS GRADUATES

Apart from Professional Courses such as Geosciences, Engineering, Law and so on that requires one to do Postgraduate Diploma before Masters degree, u can actually do Masters degree directly in many other courses.
Most courses in Education, Business Administration and Arts, Less competitive courses such as Cell Biology and Genetics, Parasitology and Bioinformatics e.tc and more competitive courses such as Master of Information Technology (MIT), Master of Environmental Management(MEM), MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management e.g accepts Third Class to mention just a few.

Read your brochure well and note the terms and conditions. U might also want to go to the department and verify before applying.

A Third Class graduate of Systems Engineering is ineligible to apply for MSc Systems Engineering directly but eligible to apply for MIT. Similarly, a Third Class graduate of Geology is ineligible to apply for MSc Geology directly but eligible to apply for MEM or MSc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management. A Third Class graduate of Chemical Engineering is ineligible to apply for MSc Chemical Engineering directly but eligible to apply for MEM

Personally, I see it as a waste of time, energy and money to acquire Postgraduate Diploma when u av oda means not too. However, if u av personal ambition and goals u wanna achieve, pursue it wholeheartedly to accomplish it.

ON HND GRADUATES

Most Courses require one to do Postgraduate Diploma however some few courses such as Master of Business Administration (MBA), allow one to do Masters degree directly if u av Upper credit

ON GRADUATE ASSISTANT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

If you have 2.1 and First class, once you gain postgraduate admission, u are eligible to apply. Read the eligibility conditions and oda info below:

a. Only full time candidate will be considered most especially those pursuing MSc/MPhil degree
b. If awarded, you will pay half of your tuition fees, given stipends and based on your performance, Assistant Lecturer job once you complete your programme.
c. You will be required to supervise exams, assist the lecturers in undergraduate duties e.t.c
d. Some department might not have vacancy this year so don’t just apply for MSc because of this opportunity. U are also going to be interviewed.
e. Check the postgraduate website often to apply especially when admission is ongoing

FINAL NOTE

Ensure u practice the past question well but don’t cram the questions thinking they will repeat it. Most questions asked are based on the early part of your undergraduate curriculum. If u don’t av past question for your course, read extensively and try and know the basics.

It is important to av an idea on how d exams looks like because in some entrance exams such as MBA, nothing will be asked on your course i.e Business Administration. It is purely English and Maths.

It is very much likely I will be among the supervisors of this entrance examination so hoping to meet u all. Wishing you all the best in your endeavours. Success Insha’Allah.

I won’t be considered grateful if I do not say a big thank you to our existing and prospective clients and to all at large. We appreciate and wish u success in your examination Insha’Allah.

DMainMan Foundation.

If u intend to change ur course, u can still do. If u need past question, send your request to: dmainman@yahoo.com

If u intend to change your course, u can still do it. For past question, send your request to: dmainman@yahoo.com
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by avicky(f): 11:18am On Jan 06, 2014
DMainMan:

If u intend to change your course, u can still do it. For past question, send your request to: dmainman@yahoo.com
Pls check ur mail and reply asap.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by TemitopeAdeoye(f): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Please where is the venue and time for MBA entrance exam?
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by chinexex(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
For MSC/PGD Past Questions on

* ACCOUNTING

* ECONOMICS

* EDUCATION

* COMPUTER SCI/INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY

* MBA

* CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT

* INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS (IRPM)

* GEOGRAPHY

* MATHEMATICS/STATISTICS

* HISTORY

* MPIA

* OTHER COURSES

Contact me on Facebook, whatsapp or twitter via my email address or phone number.

Chinex

Email: Chinexannex@yahoo.com (FACEBOOK)
Phone: 08036336608

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by chinexex(m): 2:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
baggy4luv: pls sirs and mas..i need the tuition fees for pgd in education part time..

N60,000 (TUITION FEES ONLY).
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by chinexex(m): 2:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
DMainMan:

i thought "change of course" ended on 31st of december, 2013.

please confirm!

i commend your helpful comments on this forum topic. keep it up bro!
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by chinexex(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
yetseyi: please anybody for Msc biochemistry

It seems I m d only one on this thread for BCH

check again!.

you will be amazed at the number of msc biochemistry applicants on this forum.

i can assure you that you are not alone.

i have had a lot of biochemistry applicants on this forum calling me for past questions.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate Studies 2013/2014 Session by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
chinexex:

check again!.

you will be amazed at the number of msc biochemistry applicants on this forum.

i can assure you that you are not alone.

i have had a lot of biochemistry applicants on this forum calling me for past questions.

I am yet to meet anyone for Msc Employment and Labour Studies.
I feel lonely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship 2020 Thread | FSB Scholarship / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2016/2017 - Apply Now / UK Schools Teach Kids LGBT, To Masturbate For Homework & Have Anal Sex(Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.