Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,785 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ... (1344 Views)

Nigerian Diaspora (1400 – 1900AD) / First Generation Nigerians In The Diaspora And Self Esteem. / Directed At Nigerian Teenagers In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by kay9(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2008
...deleted.
Re: ... by romeo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2008
May God bless your efforts my brother
Re: ... by bigfather(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2008
Meennnnn, am tripped ! I love young guys with focused mind. grin

How much does it cost and where can i get a copy ?

More grease to your elbow ! grin
Re: ... by Ndipe(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2008
Try listing your book on Amazon.com. Also join the Association of Nigerian writers to promote it. I wish you the best!
Re: ... by kay9(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2008
smiley @big father: I'm sorry I took a while to reply; i don't have internet at home. You can get the book at www.lulu.com/content/1073134. The book costs $15.95  (hope u don't find it too expensive). Please, if you can, buy 2 and give one to a friend! smiley

@Ndipe: I know, but listing at Amazon (and others like Barnes and Noble) isn't free. Look at me, I can barely afford an hour in the cybercafe, let alone hire an agent. It's sad. But thanks all the same.

@Romeo: Thanks, man, I really appreciate. But could you do one more thing for me? Even if you can't afford it, just copy the book's frontcover and mail it to your friends. Tell them your fellow country-man wrote it. Thanks a lot.
Re: ... by Ndipe(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2008
Kay9, have an excerpt of your novel published locally, and then go in for the Caine prize award. I think your best bet would be to contact the Association of Nigerian Authors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Nigerian_Authors

http://lagosana..com/
Re: ... by kay9(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Ndipe: Thanks. I'll do that right away. Did you still send the book's coverpage to your friends? smiley

@big father: hello, man. Hope you got the link location.

@ Everybody else: Please, people, just go over to www.lulu.com/content/1073134, and assist me by rating my book (that is, if you can't afford to buy. If you can buy, on the other hand, PLEASE don't hesitate to do so). Thanks a lot, and Happy Easter!
Re: ... by kay9(m): 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2008
If you want to post your own review for the book, you can do so with this

ID's: EMAIL: ezejohn@yahoo.com
password: nairaland

I created it so that nairalanders can login and rate my book. Thanks!
Re: ... by Ndipe(m): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2008
It's deceitful to encourage people to rate your book when they have not even read it. Haba!
Re: ... by kay9(m): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2008
No, Ndipe, you got it twisted. See, there is a preview of the book at the site which anyone can just click and read. But Lulu requires that you have a login ID and password before you can RATE or post a REVIEW.

I know people have been readin the preview, but they can't rate/review it because no one can spare that extra time to register first (in order to get the ID). So I decided to open this one so that after reading, you can just login with the above details and post your review/rate.

C'mon man, I don't do things crooked-like; I'm straight. I am.

(1) (Reply)

~Are There Really Women Who Can't Cook . . .?~ / Odinani: The Sacred Sciences Of Ndigbo / 20 Things Nigerians Are Most Passionate About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.