Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) (2592 Views)

How To Place Ads On Facebook / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum / How Much Can You Make In A Month With Google Ads On Your Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2008
Hello,
Need help with installing google ads into boonex script. by boonex, I mean dolphin, orca, ray,
Thanks
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by africanboy(m): 1:19am On Mar 24, 2008
do you have any specific sections you like to implement the google ads? header? panel? by the sides?
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2008
I think I'll say the header and the panel. Can u help with those?
Thanks,
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by africanboy(m): 12:06pm On Mar 25, 2008
dolphin allows to place some content in certain parts, like above the header, below the footer, by the sides of the site. available in the control panel.

also, for the header, you can modify the header.php in the includes folder

for the panel, you have to incluide a new panel in the site layout section, admin, and insert your google adsense code. the preferred option as you can blend it to seem like a part of the site.
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2008
Thanks African boy,
However, I would appreciate it more if u could give me stepwise direction on inserting my adsense codes. I mean like step one: login, then click this and then that and that,
Thanks as I await ur kind response.
Cheers,
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by africanboy(m): 9:49am On Mar 26, 2008
hi,

would love to do that. though not touched a dolphin installation in almost a year. i helped a friend set up http://www.midnitecaller.com using dolphin. if you can wait till weekend, i'll re-install the copy of dolphin that i have and give you thorough steps.

would have loved to do it earlier, but i have company projects to complete. hope you understand
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2008
Thanks Africanboy,
I appreciate ur effort alot. However, I've been able to figure it out via help from 1 or 2 people. I'm still installing though; but u can view the site here: http://www.christianvalue.net
Now, I have one major problem. I get errors anytime I try to upload music, photos or videos. Can u figure that out for me?
Thanks,
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by ItsNaija(m): 2:38am On Mar 30, 2008
I dont know how to install the script but i think i will try to

how do i setup my google ads on it

Regards
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by africanboy(m): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2008
digitalglo:

Thanks Africanboy,
I appreciate your effort alot. However, I've been able to figure it out via help from 1 or 2 people. I'm still installing though; but u can view the site here: http://www.christianvalue.net
Now, I have one major problem. I get errors anytime I try to upload music, photos or videos. Can u figure that out for me?
Thanks,

check your permissions on your folders.

the uploads folder needs to have world writable permissions, not just group
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 11:50am On Mar 30, 2008
I checked my folders but couldnt find anything suggesting upload folder. However, I re-wrote the permissions for the media files from 755 to 777. I'll see if this helps. Thanks.
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2008
@ its Naija: I'll suggest u install the script so as to understand the areas where the google ads can be placed. Do this and then we move on to the ads placement.
Cheers,
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by ItsNaija(m): 1:50am On Apr 09, 2008
digitalglo:

@ its Naija: I'll suggest u install the script so as to understand the areas where the google ads can be placed. Do this and then we move on to the ads placement.
Cheers,

I have Install It at www./community

I want the google at the top
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by digitalglo(m): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2008
if u want the google at the top, just go template folder in your root direcctory and choose the template you want to insert the codes into usually tmpl_uni (default) then click on the header file to edit it. Insert the code in the most convinient place and boom - u've got it!
Hope this helps
Re: Need Help With Google Ads On Dolphin (boonex) by egift(m): 9:50am On Nov 04, 2010
I have been using Dolphin for some time now. There are some thing I can help you with:
- Removing the license, adding adsense and other cool mods.

Cheers.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting / Nigeria Internet Registrar Targets 1m .ng Domain Registrations By 2023 / Review Of Linda Ikeji Social (LIS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.