Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? (17093 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji To Partner Kinabuti For A Clothing Line? / Annie Idibia's Outfit At MTV Base Party, Hot Or Not? / British Model/actress, Katie Price Rocks Animal Costume During Her Clothing Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
Rihanna can pretty much get away with wearing anything … except maybe this.

On Monday night, the “Stay” singer donned one of her own fashion creations – “double top” jeans – at a party in London to promote her new River Island collection, and it had heads turning for all the wrong reasons.

According to the item’s description on River Island’s site, the unique waist – which is made to look like two pairs of jeans layered on top of each other – is a “cool take on mixing denim” that is a “huge spring trend ready-made,” although we’d have to disagree.

But, then again, what do we know? (According to a couple of fashion experts we spoke with, we’re fashion illiterate.)

Jay McCarroll, who won the first season of “Project Runway,” tells omg! that “double top” jeans, while not his personal design aesthetic, are already a popular street trend, and that Rihanna’s take “comes across as sort of, dare I say, refined and actually sort of cute. At the end of the day, you can't knock a gal for pursuing any business opportunity that comes her way. I just wish I had this idea ... she's probably going to make a zillion dollars off of those jeans!"

And he’s not alone. Another “Project Runway” alum, Michael Costello, is also not immediately saying “Auf Wiedersehen” to Rihanna’s polarizing look.

“I like how she can set trends and make them look so easy to wear when sometimes you see them in a department store and wonder, ‘Who in the world would wear that?’” he tells omg! “Rihanna, I believe, is really a style icon and pushes the boundaries of fashion and adds her own eclectic unique style and personality to everything she does including her fashion line. If you ask me, the double jeans work for her.”

However, Costello adds that this doesn’t mean they’d look the same way on the everyday woman. “The cut of the jeans is more likely to accommodate women who are a size 0-2,” he explains. “Even if they are a loose-fit denim cut jean, the design is implicated to compliment the model body.”

That would explain why the “double top” jeans, which retail for $150, are sold-out on River Island’s website through size 10 U.K., which in America translates to sizes 2, 4, and 6.

What do you think of the “double top” look? And would you pay that kind of money for the fad?

SOURCE
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Afam4eva(m): 6:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
It looks like a fashion trend that will be embraced by this generation of fashion mavericks.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=13pt]You think? It looks so odd... and for $150 a pair? I'd have to pass. That's expensive foolishness lol.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
It doesn't look hot at all!
$150 is almost insane.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
Is she mc hammer? And $150......i can buy at least 15 jeans with that
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
adaobi123: Is she mc hammer? And $150......i can buy at least 15 jeans with that

Abi o. She dey form Mc hammer.
She should learn from Tonto Dikeh and Maya2pretty, on how to be a fashionista.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]You think? It looks so odd... and for $150 a pair? I'd have to pass. That's expensive foolishness lol.[/size]
A lot of what we call fashion nowadays were considered odd in the old days but today they're the norm. This can also become a norm. But god forbid will i wear something like that personally. I'll leave it to the mental juveniles.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

Abi o. She dey form Mc hammer.
She should learn from Tonto Dikeh and Maya2pretty, on how to be a fashionista.
tonto dikeh ?? no no
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
adaobi123:
tonto dikeh ?? no no

Maybe she could learn from Rokiatu or Ogugua88.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
CFCfan:

Maybe she could learn from Rokiatu or Ogugua88.
much better grin grin
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
What!
Is she going to the farm with that cloth? Dz s what my grandma use to wear to farm.
And they priced it $150. It's a mistake, it's N1,500.

But she's not looking bad in the pic
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Ejine(m): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]You think? It looks so odd... and for $150 a pair? I'd have to pass. That's expensive foolishness lol.[/size]

You should go tell that to the users of those 'Beats By Dre' headphones.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 07, 2013
Ejiné:

You should go tell that to the users of those 'Beats By Dre' headphones.

I know, right. People can be easily hoodwinked on hype.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by martinsherman(m): 10:21am On Mar 07, 2013
I have never seen this type of odd and embarrassing jeans!!
Actually she is gorgeous but only because of this poor-quality jeans,She looks very ugly.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by LoveAmaka88(f): 10:28am On Mar 07, 2013
90's much? But not in that "retro is cool" way

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Osyxcel(m): 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Definitely not hot, but it looks cool anyway....$150 is a quite lot, but then, it's comin' 4rm her collections....
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by LordReed(m): 6:16am On Mar 25, 2013
Makes my eyes water. Looks like a continuous deja vu or a mirage.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Popowaa: 8:16am On Mar 25, 2013
Lol
Okiki_Oluwa: What!
Is she going to the farm with that cloth? Dz s what my grandma use to wear to farm.
And they priced it $150. It's a mistake, it's N1,500.

But she's not looking bad in the pic
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by kayodeolaotan: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nice one rihanna
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Lilimax(f): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
[quote author=ogugua88]Rihanna can pretty much get away with wearing anything … except maybe this.

At least she is putting on a cloth unlike going to the party with little or no clothing at all that she is known for.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
I think it's sexxxi when women sag

not sure about the double top tho
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by tellwisdom: 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
adaobi123: Is she mc hammer? And $150......i can buy at least 15 jeans with that

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by agohavivi(f): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish,rubbish. Next!
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by fELiscatus: 12:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
wetin na? e no dey possible unless na bendan selet.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nawa ooo,all these celebs think they can get away with anything.
Morever,the top jeans look okrika though for me.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by micki83(m): 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
Lord_Reed: Makes my eyes water. Looks like a continuous deja vu or a mirage.
Hehehe...ur comment got me cracking up,cos it really IS like deja vu:wen u look at her slowly from d head down,u see d first jean top then ur eyes move on to see yet another jean top and u're like: "wait...I've seen dis somewhere b4" cheesy
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by KINGwax(m): 12:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hyping!
Nothing else
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2013
take a deeper look
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by chucky234(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
chei see wetin okirika don turn you to,N500 okirika jeans no let you know say jeans na N7000 for market.
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
Damn
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Dubemkelly(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
Not fitting @tal, nva knew she has a knock knee...This a no fashion statement, Its dat a baggy pants or wat? Think a tyt one wud b fairly ok
Re: Rihanna Wears "Double Top" Jeans From Her Clothing Line: Hot Or Not? by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Geniveve ur turn

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Miss Earth Nigeria 2011 - Munachi Uzoma / Celebrities At Nollywood@20 Presidential Dinner (Pictures) / Jewel Oluebube Mikel, Miss Wazobia Nigeria 2019 Winner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.