Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise (2244 Views)

Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. / Need A Teaching Or Travel And Tour Job In Lagos. Lekki/ajah Precisely / Teaching Or Customer Care Job In Gbagada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by specie1980: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
I work with a bank as a relief officer for a month. In the process, i got this teaching job with lagos state being paid 40k. This bank called me recently to come back on a permanent basis to be paid around 80k. Do i quit my teaching job and accept the bank offer or? Pls i need ur advise.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by tayoccu(m): 9:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Just pray about it, and listen to whatever the voice of God tells you.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by specie1980: 9:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Someone shld plsssss say something on this issue urgently.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by adim2(m): 9:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
The teaching job is it with lagos state government?
I will give you four areas you should watch out for before you make your final decision
1. Job security: if the teaching job is with lagos state, then you know that no matter what you do, your job is secured. Unlike bank job where the word sack is easily used
2. Condition of work: this has to do with time. Which of them gives you less time? I still believe its the teaching job. You can still teach and pursue your masters. So check the work condition which involve time, span of control and work environment
3 Incentive: one might be paying you higher on salary basis but with no incentives. Check what are your daily take home? Compare both
4 social security: which of these two jobs will take care of you while you have retired and also while you are old.

You have the final decision to make. All i will advice is that you do not look at the now but evaluate. The future

1 Like

Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by uboma(m): 10:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
The teaching job with Lagos State Govt. is more preferable. I have been thru the banking industry in the past, believe me, it doesn't pay in the long run. Ask current bankers and you will hear how much they yearn to leave the banking industry.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by specie1980: 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
@adim2, i quite understand ur point and i really appreciate that. My problem is i am nt enjoying this teaching, i never wanted to be a teacher in my life bt God knows best.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by specie1980: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
@adim2, i quite understand ur points and i really appreciate that. My problem i am nt enjoying this teaching job. I never wanted to be a teacher in my life bt God knows best. I dont have any passion for the job.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by adim2(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
Then guess your mind is fixed on the bank job. So go for it.
Re: Teaching Or Banking, Pls Advise by ezenwaez(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2013
@specie1980 go for the banking job and pls show me way

(1) (Reply)

Supersport Nigeria. / Career RM Outsourcing / Nigeria Elite Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.