Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,408 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

The US Consular General Visits Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The US Consular General Visits Abia State (779 Views)

Professor Soludo Visits Abia Governor Dr Okezie Ikpeazu (photos) / Obasanjo Visits Abia As Gov Ikpeazu Commissions 3 Roads In Aba / GEJ Visits Abia State (Umuahia), Refuses To Campaign In Aba Out Of Fear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The US Consular General Visits Abia State by obinalihe: 12:35am On Mar 07, 2013
Abia state governor, chief TA Orji has called on the United States government to explore opportunities for business and other collaboration with Abia state.
Governor Orji made the call when he received the United states consular General in Nigeria, Mr. Jeffrey Hawkins who was in the state on a working visit with his team.
The governor said he expects the United states to find Abia a veritable ground for direct investment in the area of agriculture,education science and technology and other areas.
According to him, US remains an important partner in trade, education, as well as a model of democracy with Nigeria and stated that appreciates the cordial relationship the country enjoys with the US.
He assured the consular General that Abia state is peaceful, adding that Abia state is eager to partner with the US.
Earlier, the US consular General in Nigeria, Mr. Jeffrey Hawkins stated that he and his team were on a one week tour of the south East states to interact and engage with the people.
He said he was impressed with what he saw and described the people of the south East as dynamic, friendly and entrepreneurial people.
Mr. Hawkins said he looks forward to many fruitful exchanges between Abia state government and the United states.

Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 07, 2013
LOL
If na Fashola the white man visited,Eko Ile and other Fashola's disciples would have been all over it and it would make front page grin grin grin
Oyibo visited TA orji and so what?
How does it put food on anyone's table?
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by GARRIx7(m): 2:18am On Mar 07, 2013
babyosisi: LOL
If na Fashola the white man visited,Eko Ile and other Fashola's disciples would have been all over it and it would make front page grin grin grin
Oyibo visited TA orji and so what?
How does it put food on anyone's table?

...And who's stopping you from celebrating the visit??

...If you find it worth celebrating why not celebrate??

...Or do you expect other people to come and celebrate your Governor for you??

...If you see no reason to be happy about the visit(b'cos the Governor is‎​ a failure), then shut the hell up and stop complaining about people who enjoy celebrating their performing Governor!!

angry angry
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by babapupa: 2:26am On Mar 07, 2013
GARRI (x7):

...And who's stopping you from celebrating the visit??

...If you find it worth celebrating why not celebrate??

...Or do you expect other people to come and celebrate your Governor for you??

...If you see no reason to be happy about the visit(b'cos the Governor is‎​ a failure), then shut the hell up and stop complaining about people who enjoy celebrating their performing Governor!!

angry angry

its the usual low self esteem problem.
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by Afam4evaIsASlut: 2:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Im just wondering where they hid all those mountain-pile high trash that was floating around NL a lil while back....

Or the decrepit roads.

Invest ko, attest ni.

Work for your people, create a viable environment, and you wont need to beg people to come invest in your land. They'll throng there on their own.

Dummy!
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by WarriPikin1: 6:15am On Mar 07, 2013
That short engine of a govanor will soon organize his boys to kidnap the oyinbo Ambassador and then seek ransom pay for his release from USA.
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by Ngwakwe: 7:33am On Mar 07, 2013
Foreign and Multi National Companies in Aba alone is twice of what can exist in your state combined.

Oyinbo float as indigenes.

Don't be lost soul

Warri _Pikin: That short engine of a govanor will soon organize his boys to kidnap the oyinbo Ambassador and then seek ransom pay for his release from USA.
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by WarriPikin1: 7:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: Foreign and Multi National Companies in Aba alone is twice of what can exist in your state combined.

Oyinbo float as indigenes.

Don't be lost soul

O'l boy SharaaaP!!! I don't condescend to compare states.I only spoke about the rogue diminutive govanor in that state.
Yes, Abia is a great state unfortunate to have such rogue as it's governor. That is why in spite of the States' great potential in the south east,less endowed neighboring states like Imo,Enugu have out performed Abia.
I don't want to mention Amaechi's Rivers nor Akpabio's Akwa Ibom which are also Abia's neighbors.

May i subtly remind you that i'm from Delta state. Since i'm not in the business of comparing states,You can do the comparison yourself about number of multinationals and level of development in Delta with your Abia state
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by WarriPikin1: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

O'l boy SharaaaP!!!

I don't condescend to compare states.I only spoke about the rogue diminutive govanor in that state.
Yes, Abia is a great state unfortunate to have such rogue as it's governor. That is why in spite of the States' great potential in the south east,less endowed neighboring states like Imo,Enugu have out performed Abia.
I don't want to mention Amaechi's Rivers nor Akpabio's Akwa Ibom which are also Abia's neighbors.

May i subtly remind you that i'm from Delta state. Since i'm not in the business of comparing states,You can do the comparison yourself about number of multinationals and level of development with your Abia state
Re: The US Consular General Visits Abia State by Abagworo(m): 8:07am On Mar 07, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

O'l boy SharaaaP!!! I don't condescend to compare states.I only spoke about the rogue diminutive govanor in that state.

May i subtly remind you that i'm from Delta state state. You can do the comparison yourself about number of multinationals and level of development with your Abia state

All these uninformed people on Nairaland sef. The only city in Nigeria with more industries than Aba is Lagos. Even with T.A. Orji's misrule, the largest malting industry in the world has recently been commissioned there. The largest alminium can company in Africa is almost completed.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/entrepreneur/entrepreneur-news/32091-providing-our-people-means-to-lift-themselves-out-of-poverty-2

Today, Nigeria is home to the world’s largest and most technologically advanced Sorghum malting plant in Aba, with a capacity of up to 200,000 metric tons per annum.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/49035/2013/03/03/fidelity_bank_financed_africas_largest_aluminium_can_factory.html

The multi-million naira aluminium can project in Aba, South East Nigeria financed by Fidelity Bank Plc is set to commence operation in a couple of month’s time with an initial production capacity of 1.2 billion cans per annum.

This surpasses the Agbara Can Manufacturing Factory that took off with an initial production capacity of 600 million cans per year, thus making the new plant the largest aluminium can factory in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

7 Men Executed In Public / Jega: Opposition Merger Must Choose New Name / ANAMBRA NORTH: Views And Opinions Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.