Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:02 AM

Manchester United Fans' Lounge: Have You Gotten Over Tuesday Night?? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Fans' Lounge: Have You Gotten Over Tuesday Night?? (517 Views)

Manchester United Nairalanders Fan Base (Only for Manchester United Fans) / Manchester United Fans Lounge / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Fans' Lounge: Have You Gotten Over Tuesday Night?? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 07, 2013
It seems so inconceivable that on a night when everything seems to be going so right, it took only 70 seconds for everything to come crashing down.. From the panic of having to face the dreaded Madrid attackers led by our very own CR7 at kickoff, to the joy of seeing Man Utd comfortably deal with that threat and looking dangerous everytime we went forward, to the ecstasy of the brilliant Nani aiding one past the Madrid goalie..and suddenly, it all went bleak and dark when same Nani was sent off harshly for an innocuous tackle.. Perhaps what was more shocking is the reaction of the faithful. Instead of shouts of anger and cries of treason, we had open-mouthed silence due to shock and disbelief was almost audible. Deep within, every True Man Utd fan saw what was coming, just like that 2010 Champions League night at Old Trafford. And true to hype, our perfect gameplan came undone, and we were on backfoot despite all determined efforts by the manager and players to come back in. It was a sealed fate from that sending-off minute, we needed not wait for the final whistle. This is not our first defeat of the season, and although we are famous for getting over defeats, this is one morale-damaging game. It really felt bad to lose not due to our error or a superior team, but due to the match officials consensual error. Everytime I remember this game, precisely, the sending off, I feel so pained, as if the game just ended five minutes ago..

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Fans' Lounge: Have You Gotten Over Tuesday Night?? by teadrake(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2013
I also felt abashed with the officiating,i think it is high time an urgent rectification is carried on,Uefa must be aware of the future of the competition if they continue with their bias attitude whenever an english opposition encounter spanish.Why cant they just hand the spanish the Ucl trophy?instead of glare manipulation.The competition is as good as doom unless they halted the rubbish decision
Re: Manchester United Fans' Lounge: Have You Gotten Over Tuesday Night?? by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 07, 2013
You know, I've been trying to believe there's no accusation of manipulation in that match.. Could it be possible that UEFA actually premiered that fluke?
Re: Manchester United Fans' Lounge: Have You Gotten Over Tuesday Night?? by FredAgbaPhobia(m): 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
[b]Well to,Nani aided the referee's decision,we can not also take it smoothlY,because he was extremely biased in his officiating!
And we got it wrong as soon as he was red carded
We played absolutely well towards d end of the epic encounter!
I still respect CR7,he is the World Best!no doubt!
We just have to move forward and focus on the remaining trophies!!!!!
We are "UNITED",that is what we are"
Peace to all United Fans world over!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Of The Match - Onazi From Lazio Vs Stuttgart / FIFA Questions Nigeria Over Alleged Lesbian Soccer Ban / Sir Ferguson Debunks Rumors About Wayne Rooney’s Exit Stating It Is ‘nonsense'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.