Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan (11596 Views)

Niger Delta Militiamen; No Negotiations, No Amnesty / Boko Haram: President Buhari We Are Tired Of 'I Will!' - Kayode Ogundamisi / Buhari Should Never Shake A Woman(haram) President Or Not, He Can Do This (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan declared that there will be no amnesty for members of Boko Haram for now. The president made the declaration a few minutes ago during a town hall meeting in Damaturu, Yobe State.

Some national dailies had speculated that the President may declare amnesty for all Boko Haram members during his state visit to Yobe and Borno today and tomorrow. The Sultan of Sokoto also called for amnesty for Boko Haram members a few days ago.

The president while answering questions during the town hall meeting declared "I cannot declare amnesty for ghosts"

42 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2013
we are watching
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
By SaharaReporters, New York

President Goodluck Jonathan today began a two-day tour of restive states of Borno and Yobe states.

The president arrived Maiduguri on a presidential jet met briefly with the governor of Borno and then flew on a helicopter to Damaturu, the Yobe state capital.

The two northern Nigerian states have been under sustained attacks from Islamist militants, Boko Haram, a group that has vowed to force the Nigerian government to adopt Islamic law.

At a town hall meeting in Damaturu Mr. Jonathan said his administration will not be granting amnesty to Boko Haram fighters until such a time the group comes out in the public to dialogue with the federal government.

Mr. Jonathan is expected to leave Yobe later tonight for Maiduguri where he is expected to continue the presidential tour tomorrow.

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by gonon: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
He he he. Uncle Mona, nice one though
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
How can Boko haram want amnesty in the first place when their mentors are PDP members and they own 83 percent of Oil Blocks in Nigeria? abeg make i hear word! angry

8 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Omexonomy: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
gonon: He he he. Uncle Mona, nice one though
continue to watch those goats called BH
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by gratiaeo(m): 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
Good news......... How can you give amnesty to Animals

3 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Gbongbonosi(f): 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
Where did get this mantle?hmmm bamaga turk cloth
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
What does he mean by "for now" ?
So he may be thinking of giving those killers amnesty if they come out just the way his murderous friends like tompolo, Ateke, boyloaf were given eh?
Foolish thought.

4 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by gratiaeo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
gonon: He he he. Uncle Mona, nice one though
Slaughter them finish........
2015 campaign : vote 4 me and give amnesty
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by rolchi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
I support GEJ. Until those persons come out without mask...then Amnesty may be given.
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by gratiaeo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Demdem: What does he mean by "for now" ?
So he may be thinking of giving those killers amnesty if they come out just the way his murderous friends like tompolo, Ateke, boyloaf were given eh?
Foolish thought.
2015 vote 4 me and I'll give U̶̲̥̅̊ amnesty.......... Guy use your brain nah

9 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
rolchi: I support GEJ. Until those persons come out without mask...then Amnesty may be given.

Should it even be considered? Don't u think his killer friends that includes tompolo, boyloaf, Ateke etc that were involved in the killing of the innocent especially at atlas cove lagos who have been granted amnesty should be prosecuted also?
The loved ones of the killed are still waiting for justice.

4 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Maxymilliano(m): 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Demdem: What does he mean by "for now" ?
Foolish thought.

I'm yet to know your stance on this boko haram issue bro, should they be treated as 'killers' they were even when the Sultan openly pleaded amnesty for boko boyz ?

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
gratiaeo:
2015 vote 4 me and I'll give U̶̲̥̅̊ amnesty.......... Guy use your brain nah

U av nothing to offer. Empty upstairs u are.

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 4:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Even if there is Amnesty, it will look shameful to announce it publicly thereby offending the sensibility of their Victims.

At least they now have Almajiri schools and tomorrow the culture of neglecting those Children and allowing them to roam the street should be criminalized whilst irresponsible parents should be punished
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
Maxymilliano:

I'm yet to know your stance on this boko haram issue bro, should they be treated as 'killers' they were even when the Sultan openly pleaded amnesty for boko boyz ?

Evil boko should be crushed. Both the sultan and bamanga tukur who spoke and pleaded for them should be tortured to death.
Tompolo, Ateke, boyloaf should be ejected from aso rock and hanged nakedly. That to me is justice.
U don't leave one and do the other.

5 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by bubadaniel13: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
That's a very great move by the President...granting amnesty to a faceless and blood thirty group like the Boko Haram would have further endorsed their heinous activities,i admire the courage of the GEJ.I suspect that those calling for Amnesty are looking for a business venture looking at what is happening in the Niger Delta..I also believe that northern leaders if they are really sincere have the key to end the manace of the evil Sect.

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
One tomahawk is what boko haram needs to bring down this retardeen.
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
I prefer life imprisonment to death by any means.

There is no need of putting a suicide bomber to death as it will also help him get the 72 anticipated virgins.

Let them be locked up for life and even at this I fear jail break.

Demdem:

Evil boko should be crushed. Both the sultan and bamanga tukur who spoke and pleaded for them should be tortured to death.
Tompolo, Ateke, boyloaf should be ejected from aso rock and hanged nakedly. That to me is justice.
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by nduchucks: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
@OP, The title of your thread is deceptive. What GEJ said was that he cannot give Amnesty to 'ghost'. As soon as he guarantees these people immunity, they will come out and GEJ will give them the necessary amnesty.

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by elbinmanny(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

One tomahawk is what boko haram needs to bring down this retardeen.
Give me one reason why I shouldn't call u a f.o,ol?

13 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
ndu_chucks: @OP, The title of your thread is deceptive. What GEJ said was that he cannot give Amnesty to 'ghost'. As soon as he guarantees these people immunity, they will come out and GEJ will give them the necessary amnesty.

Surely u got the koko of retardeens message.
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by labodeolu(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Should the issue of amnesty be brought up in the first place. Negotiating with terrorists is never the best option.

2 Likes

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Ngwakwe: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
For what?

Giving amnesty for dropping or hiding their ideology.

What will happen to the message from Allah? You're sure they will trade it for Naira and Kobo.

Keep dreaming.

ndu_chucks: @OP, The title of your thread is deceptive. What GEJ said was that he cannot give Amnesty to 'ghost'. As soon as he guarantees these people immunity, they will come out and GEJ will give them the necessary amnesty.
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by PonDonCras(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sultan should also know that granting those criminals amnesty will bring more doom to this dead country than good. or do they think other ethnic groups that were killed are fools? let them think about the masacre of the Ibos and the rest of Nigerians and say if it is a good move.

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by backtosender: 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
common chadian troops is killing their commanders in mounting desert of mali if GEJ fall for this cheap propaganda nigeria will go down in history as the first country that ever negotiate with terrorist

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by tchaik(m): 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
[size=15pt]FOR NOW? [/size]

So he might give it later? This Man can never fail to disappoint.

1 Like

Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Igwe9(m): 4:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yeah, for now until they show a true repentance.holy book tells us that when a sinner repents and turns away from his evil ways, that such a person would be forgiven of all his sins.
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
tongue
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
This news item has not even been reported by major national dailies (except SR). NL is now taking the lead. Hope Seun will settle me
Re: No Amnesty For Boko-Haram - President Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
LMAO!

All GEJ is saying is what he has been parroting for ages. As soon as Boko Haram emerges and decides to negotiate, they will be given a share of the national budget as big as that handed over to the MEND criminals. Perhaps bigger than our Health and Education allocations grin

There's nothing new to see here, guys. The lamb has still not yet become a lion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom LGA Election, Udom & Wife Martha Cast Their Vote (photos) / Inuwa Kari: Getting Tinubu APC Ticket Is Payback For His Work / Atiku Abubakar On Child Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.