Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Interesting Facts You Should Know - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Interesting Facts You Should Know (940 Views)

Funny And interesting facts We Made In Our Childhood / World Most Hilarious,funny And Bizzare Facts You Must Know. / Interesting Facts You Don't Know About poo!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts You Should Know by esperiense(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their butts.

In the course of an average lifetime you will, while sleeping, eat 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders.

Money notes are not made from paper, they are made mostly from a special blend of cotton and linen. In 1932, when a shortage of cash occurred in Tenino, Washington, USA, notes were made out of wood for a brief period.

Tea is said to have been discovered in 2737 BC by a Chinese emperor when some tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water. The tea bag was introduced in 1908 by Thomas Sullivan of New York.

Cats sleep up to eighteen hours a day, but never quite as deep as humans. Instead, they fall asleep quickly and wake up intermittently to check to see if their environment is still safe.

The U.S Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper

Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.

A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.

Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!

Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them.

What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.

"Rhythm" is the longest English word without a vowel.

Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food

Queen Elizabeth I regarded herself as a paragon of cleanliness. She declared that she bathed once every three months, whether she needed it or not

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

The human heart! creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death!

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories a hour

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
Re: Interesting Facts You Should Know by nikkyshyne(f): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hmmm @ no 2. 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders? shocked. I doubt that.

However, I would have agreed with 10 assorted insects crawling on yew. Including the dreaded geckos. Ewwww!
Re: Interesting Facts You Should Know by esperiense(m): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hmm
nikkyshyne: Hmmm @ no 2. 70 assorted insects and 10 spiders? shocked. I doubt that.

However, I would have agreed with 10 assorted insects crawling on yew. Including the dreaded geckos. Ewwww!

(1) (Reply)

When We Were Growing Up!!! / New Picture On 5000naira Note / Joke Of 2day By Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.