Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Apostle Paul's Visit T0 The 3rd Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Paul's Visit T0 The 3rd Heaven (728 Views)

Certificate Saga: Apostle Suleiman's 2015 Prophecies: See No 47- / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala / What Apostle Paul Had To Say About Tithes And Other Heretic Teachings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Paul's Visit T0 The 3rd Heaven by sidespin: 8:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
APOSTLE PAUL'S VISIT T0 THE 3RD HEAVEN

David led in the singing of the hymn. The chariot was moving slowly along. When we finished David
said to his charioteer: "You may drive past the children’s polytechnic, and let our brethren so lately come see what our Lord has prepared for the little ones of His kingdom." So, turning to the right, he guided the
chariot, not rapidly, for we had many things to talk about on the way.
The avenue was broad and lovely. We passed many gushing fountains and groves of the trees of
life. These were not for shade as no burning sun smites either the city or the blessed paradise.

On the way I said to Paul, who sat by my side: "It does seem so good to be here with you, it seems
indeed too good to be true. Fancy painted many fair pictures while we were in the world which were
made to glow on the canvas of our imagination in reference to the future, but none ever equaled the
reality."
"No," said Paul, "it was impossible for man to conceive of the glory while in the flesh. The Lord once
gave me just a glimpse into paradise while yet in the world. The glory was beyond my power to
describe."
I replied to Paul: "I have often wondered how it occurred, for we have a brief account in the divine word
on earth which you left concerning it." (II Corinthians 12:2)
"Well," said he, "while at Lystra in Lyconia I was stoned and dragged out of the city for dead, but God
raised me up, and I, with the brethren, went back to the city. (Acts 14:19) But that night I could not
sleep, being restless and burdened with the word of the Lord. I arose and, all alone, went out of the city
to pray. I ascended the side of old Karadogh, an extinct volcano. I seemed to be greatly helped, for an
angel constantly held my hand. When some little distance up the mountain, one of the chariots of God,
with a driver of light, appeared at my side. I was so enraptured by the presence and glory of God and
both overawed and overcome by the royal chariot and driver that I hardly could tell whether I had died or
was in a trance; but I soon found myself lying prostrate in the chariot and mounting far above the old
mountain. We arose above the pillars of the skies. I soon heard the strains of music from the third
heaven in the plains of paradise. They were singing some new songs, which as a mortal man, I had not
power to repeat. I opened my eyes just for a moment, glanced at the crystal river and heard a loud voice
proclaiming the mystery of the trees upon its banks. It was the closing words of a sermon uttered by
Moses to a vast company of Jews, as I was told by the driver afterwards, giving them light upon these
that they could not know while under the law and subject to an inferior experience, for you have already
found that we have preaching here in heaven as we used to have on earth.
"Only an instant we remained and the chariot darted with the speed of sound toward the earth. In a few
moments the old town of Lystra, lying at the foot of the mountain, with its streets and domes, shone out
with their best appearance under the light of the full moon beaming upon them; but the people were fast
asleep. I stepped from the chariot as the driver, with a pleasant wave of his hand, said, good-bye, and in
an instant it was gone. On the top of Karadogh I continued my prayer and praise to God until near the
break of day. I never could really tell while in my flesh whether I was loosened for the time being from
my body or whether bodily I was taken to glory. Ever after this I had a longing to go back and forever
remain; to depart and be with Christ. The words of the sermon and the strains of music could never be
forgotten, but were an element of strength in my life during the many afflictions God permitted to come
upon me."
"I remember the words in your Epistle," I replied: "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain. For I am in
a strait betwixt two having a desire to depart and be with Christ which is far better." (Philippians 1:21)
"Indeed," said Paul, "and had I known all the bliss and glory of the celestial kingdom, as it is, I could not
have been contented. I was greatly favored of God, and through so many revelations of His will and
manifestations of His power I was in great danger of being unduly exalted; but God always knows how
to deal with us for our greatest good. A man of most bitter wrath was turned against me, indeed he was a
thorn in the flesh to me. He was the messenger of Satan; but God’s grace then, as at all times, was
entirely sufficient for me, and I always found that all things work together for good to them who love
God."
"Oh, thank you much for your words. It seems as if God directed you to give me this little bit of your
experience. I have often wondered what the thorn was to which you alluded in the Epistle."
"Yes," said Paul, "but this messenger of Satan, as well as the prisons, scourges, beatings, betrayals by
false brethren, and sufferings of earth, only worked for my good. I am so blessedly free from them all
now. The contrast is so great it gives me an eternal appreciation of the blessedness of this kingdom."

"I see," said David, "we are coming near the children’s spiritual Polytechnic. Can you hear them
singing?" "Oh, most distinctly," and yet, the place was still out of sight. The streets were thronged with
the little ones, usually in company with the angels or faithful mothers or those having care over
them. They all seemed so joyous and their laugh of hilarity and joyful conversation bespoke perfect
contentment and satisfaction, and yet we knew that much the larger number had left their parents in the
earth; but there is no grief nor sorrow in heaven. If all mothers in earth could only see their children
whom they have lost, as they really are, they would weep no more, but make every provision needed to
soon follow them to those mansions of light"
Many older people were among them. Some were parents conducting their children. Some small infants
were carried by the angels, or precious women had them pressed close to their bosoms, for their infant
feet had never learned to walk.
At last our chariot halted just near the great entrance, where it seemed countless throngs were pouring in,
and of all this great host none had been within the compass of the heavenly domain but a short
time. Children soon grow to maturity in heaven. Your little babe, dear mother of earth, which left you
many years ago, is now with its harp of gold singing and praising God in all the maturity of its manhood
or womanhood.
We now stepped out and followed the great throng whither they went. (SENECA S0DI)

(1) (Reply)

WHY Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Saturday 6th April Prophecy By Pastor E. A. Adeboye / Need Answers From A Good Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.