Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks (14123 Views)

The Reason Behind The North Controlling Nigeria Political Structure / Ways By Which USA Is Controlling Nigeria / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 1:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

I do not say that Enang's claim was correct. I simply say to you that Akinnosho's "refutal" does not refute anything. In the same way as Enang merely reeled out names, teh authour here also merely reeled out names. The article does not prove or disprove a jot, and I would even say that it is actually widely off point for the most part.

All the authour needs to do is produce a complete list, and we work out the percentages. End of.

If he cannot do that, he has not disproven anything, just the same way Enang has not proven anything.
Demdem:

Enang's claim wasnt balanced. it had a set aim which was to rubbish the north. This report is much more balanced.
Besides Enang to me just read names of oil blocs held by northerners and others and i doubt if he read out the complete list of bloc owners.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jarus:
This is nadir of ignorance. Even as a 10 year old boy in 1992, I knew Igbinedion and Ibru were part of the first indigenous guys IBB sold oil blocks to in 1991. You didn't even read the part where the author wrote that of all of them, only Adenuga is still producing today. Others have either sold them off or left them idle.

Igbinedion has no oil block! Stop spewing trash. You were a baby in 1991 yet you knew that, lol. Lucky bailed his father out when he almost went bankrupt in the early 2000s. Of all his business, only his secondary school was doing well. Igbinedion has started and crashed so many businesses, we have lost count. He has absolutely no oil block. Blatant lie!

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

Nothing new there from you and your kind! You have always been traitors and backstabbers. You did it in 1967 and have been doing it ever since. You will always stoop to kiss the feet of your slave masters. That is your way. The way of the feeble hearted! The way of betrayal! We have liberated ourselves. No amount of propaganda will change that. What Enang said has been common info in the ND for years. So continue spewing your trash there.

Fool, because its common doesn't make it right state of things. We have as many southerners benefiting also. Did u even consider the etete's angle he brought into it?
Aboki hater, u have a problem.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 1:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
la furia:
a common info in the niger-delta as a perfect excuse for ur under development. when niger deltas asked why the their government isnt doing much, the government tells them that the north stole their oil. its a recycled theme. no nobody dares mention the oil block owned by southerners, no, the need to keep blame game going so that the people wont revolt against them.

In the Niger Delta, we don't ask our goferment such questions because we are educated. We find it out ourselves. We are not like the NE or NW. The only problem we have had is the divide and rule tactics being used by the thieving northern oligarchy. That was why the youths joined Saro Wiwa and slaughtered the thieving elders who were conspiring with Abacha and his northern cronies and SW messengers and tag along. Now, the boys no what to do and are always ready.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Adanyebe(m): 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
I NO DEY FOR THEIR WAHALA
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 1:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Fool, because its common doesn't make it right state of things. We have as many southerners benefiting also. Did u even consider the etete's angle he brought into it?
Aboki hater, u have a problem.

Of course, I have a problem with you and will always have one as long as you continue to betray us to serve your slave masters! I will always have a problem with you proclaming to love us more than ourselves and yet acting the traitor over and over again! If resisting imperialism and wanton injustice is what qualifies one as an aboki hater, then I am a very very very BIG, KING SIZE, aboki hater! Confirmed!

14 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

Of course, I have a problem with you and will always have one as long as you continue to betray us to serve your slave masters! I will always have a problem with you proclaming to love us more than ourselves and yet acting the traitor over and over again! If resisting imperialism and wanton injustice is what qualifies one as an aboki hater, then I am a very very very BIG, KING SIZE, aboki hater! Confirmed!

Bottom line, u are a hater. There is simply no way anything sensible can ooze out from ur mouth. There is simply no injustice here afterall several of ur folks are collaborators in helping them acheive their goals and are constantly being paid handsomely for it. It's their legitimate source of livelihood. Besides haven't seen anything illegal so far. Show me if u have.
By the way, am no Aboki. grin

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 1:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Bottom line, u are a hater. There is simply no way anything sensible can ooze out from ur mouth. There is simply no injustice here afterall several of ur folks are collaborators in helping them acheive their goals and are constantly being paid handsomely for it. It's their legitimate source of livelihood. Besides haven't seen anything illegal so far. Show me if u have.
By the way, am no Aboki. grin

Yes oh! We are learning from your kind and learning very fast because our survival and collective progress depends on it. We have to learn fast and catch up with you people in the ministry of mago mago and jibiti! You know you guys have over 40 years experience of jibiti and wayo in your CVs! lol

Of course many of our people have benefitted from the threachery just like the Saro Wiwa story. You are very right there and we are working very hard to kick them out. That is why you can see we will not break our ranks again. We will not allow fake Niger Deltans to spoil our progress again. That is why you see Akpabio very resolute in his stand!

All your propaganda will only enter our right ear and vamoose through our left ear. We will not save it on our memory card again. We will take our destiny in our own hands this time around.

11 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omiobo: 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
I no fit read joor make somebody should highlight the damn article
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by intrepid: 1:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
lacasa: .
Must you act like this everytime on any serious topic?I think Its totally optional to respond to a post.When you haven got anything to say,simply keep off and read wat others are saying.Thank you.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by gratiaeo(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

There is nothing that can tarnish the north's image more than almost 50 years of misrule, plunder and wanton destruction of Nigeria while chanting one Nigeriya! The north has done a good job of that. No one needs to do more.

Give it up. The only people that will believe such articles are the same traitors that betrayed us southerners in 1967, 1994 and 1998. They are trying to betray us again but we are far wiser now. Can't you see the SS and SE have made up their minds? Open your eyes. Now we have forged a strong alliance with the NC who have also been terribly marginalised and mess up both by the NE/NW and some of their own leaders. Nobody will buy your story anymore. You guys destroyed and plundered Nigeria and used divide and rule tactics to turn us against each other. It will never work again.

Why do you think nobody cared about the last subsidy protest in the SS and SE? Only your slaves will believe your crap again. We are fed up of it. We will get equity whether you like it or not.
1000 likes

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by phoneport(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
This is just an article and not a proclamation
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
Sibra. Watin u stil d tok abi u know hear english again. Wich oil block ur papa d control 4 north. Apart for cow milk..
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by backtosender: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
Why must reply always come from a S-west?

they are not benefiting anything from the north,

they are becoming a pain in the ass within southern nigeria

Pls S-west yorubas do you enjoy the way Northerners molest you,detain your politicians murder some in the process while some of your

elders will go behind and sell-out their own people,and collect bribes and create segregation within the same tribe..

What are you afraid of??

9 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by kingingkinging: 2:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope: And for the record, Adenuga has no oil block. He is fronting for IBB. Adenuga did not acquire any oil block in 1991. He is only fronting for IBB. As at 1996, Adenuga was just an ok guy. My friend's father worked with him. He was importing tin tomatoes and other products at one time.

So, you think if you have oil block today, exploration and drilling will start same day?

Are you aware that the Folawiyos will just start drilling by 2014 for an oil bloc that they have right to for about 20 years in Epe Lagos.

Pls learn about things before raising an arguement on such. Adenuga had Consolidated oil then before buying National oil later in 2000's. He is just a stubborn business man and that is why he is called the bull.

Importing tomatoes to you is a small business, right? Was it not rice that Dangote used to import before around same time and cement? Adenuga was also importing fabrics, he had Equitorial Trust Bank and later Devcom bank too,etc . You need to learn more about business and scale of operation-small, middle and large scale.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Jarus(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

Igbinedion has no oil block! Stop spewing trash. You were a baby in 1991 yet you knew that, lol. Lucky bailed his father out when he almost went bankrupt in the early 2000s. Of all his business, only his secondary school was doing well. Igbinedion has started and crashed so many businesses, we have lost count. He has absolutely no oil block. Blatant lie!

This is not an opinion for that matter, it is a fact, an event. Denying this is like denying Babangida was ever a President of Nigeria.

How on earth will someone be disputing what is announced on TV, reported in newspaper, well known by everybody literate enough to read newspaper in 1991.

Hear from Jubril Aminu, IBB's petroleum minister:

Among the top Nigerians we gave oil blocks were Adenuga, Arthur Eze, Igbinedion, Dantata, Mai Deribe, Lulu Briggs and Michael Ibru. Ibru actually was the first person I talked to on this matter. We gave them oil block and it became a status symbol. It became a question of: How can this man have oil block and I don’t have a block? Who is he? Instead of their Rolls Royce and their big palaces, now oil block became status symbol. I was enjoying the fun. They all came; we addressed them and we told them what we wanted. I remember saying to them: If only one of you is successful, my point would have been made. And I got the full support of President Babangida.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/raw-copy-col-gwadabes-secret-memo-jonathan-exposes-babangidas-hidden-wealth-mike-adenugas-#comment-119574

This is why I select people I argue with on NL.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
backtosender: Why must reply always come from a S-west?

Pls S-west yorubas do you enjoy the way Northerners molest you,detain your politicians murder some in the process while some of your

elders will go behind and sell-out their own people,and collect bribes and create segregation within the same tribe..

What are you afraid of??

Honestly, I can't undersand it! We said, let us split, they scuttled it! Now we are complaining that our God given wealth is being plundered from under our beds, they are writing nonsense articles again! I don't know what their problem is! Must they continue to draw us back? Must they always be used as tools to truncate our collective liberation? They are on their own this time. No going back! We must stop the injustice!

7 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Its only a Yoruba Man that will publish this kind of rubbish to shield the Northerners , bloody betrayals. What does ordinary field Geologist know about oil politics. i didn't bother reading all these craps.

7 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Alfamann: 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
CHESSBOARD: Its only a Yoruba Man that will publish this kind of rubbish to shield the Northerners , bloody betrayals. What does ordinary field Geologist know about oil politics. i didn't bother reading all these craps.

GBAM.

Slave mentality is slave mentality. They use every opportunity to defend their masters.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jarus:

This is not an opinion for that matter, it is a fact, an event. Denying this is like denying Babangida was never a President of Nigeria.

How on earth will someone be disputing what is announced on TV, reported in newspaper, well known by everybody literate enough to read newspaper in 1991.

Hear from Jubril Aminu, IBB's petroleum minister:

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/raw-copy-col-gwadabes-secret-memo-jonathan-exposes-babangidas-hidden-wealth-mike-adenugas-#comment-119574

This is why I select people I argue with on NL.

You are very funny. You are quoting jibril Aminu? Will he ever tell you how the oil blocks were shared? You expect him to tell you how those guys were fronting for people? Why did he not say then how IBB and Abacha gave themselves oil blocks? Why did he not say how Abdusalami collected his own? I shake my big head for you! Traitor!

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Northerners own 85 % of our oil block and the next thing, the REPLY came From a YORUBA MAN , " no they dont own 85 %", with stewpid list shocked shocked shocked,

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by pattycakeman: 2:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
This article IMO is in essence the problem with Nigeria. The first guy said Northerners control the oil. Mr geologist says no it is a mix of northerners and southerners but nobody is yet to point out the elephant in the room that when is it OK to be sharing a nations resources between a select few whether northerners or southerners. Nigeria's main problem from day one has been tribalism. The oil belongs to the people of Nigeria and it is not for those in power to be dashing it out like it's thier father's property. Only the NOC (NNPC) should own the oil blocks while allowing the E&P companies to acquire working interest. There are enough auxillary services that come with exploration that would allow investors throug a transparent system to benefit from oil production. Take a cue from other oil producing companies that have strong NOC's. Petrobras, PetroChina, Aramco, e.t.c. This is not to say that will solve all the problems in the oil industry but at least it will free up the argument of who is controlling what between the different tribes and regions and allow us to focus more important issues like how to stop wasting resources, why there are only few petrochemical facilities in Nigeria? and how to channel gains from the oil industry back into the Nigerian economy.

My two cents, not that it matters.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by invectives(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
lacasa:

Anϑ we expect Nigeria to one day turn the tide wt this kind of people? ^^^

undecided
He Has a point sahib.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omowolewa: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2013

What are you afraid of??

humm! Nice one.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by gratiaeo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2013

What are you afraid of??
Indeed they are afraid of everything......... Must it come from S W? remained my question

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by agitator: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
The yaribas know the only way not to loss-out in this wahala is to support their slave masters. One reason they (yaribas) don't want the country to split.

1. They work in NNPC (majority staff of NNPC
2. 80% Staff of all the oil companies and oil services companies.
3. All Oil Companies and Oil services companies have their offices (head offices in Lagos - Tax for Lagos)
4. Own and work in most of the banks. (once the country is split they cant operate outside their country with the bad blood)
etc.........
The list of benefits they derive from the status quo is endless. Why rock the boat.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by CVHP: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
From what I deduced the alleged owners still retained their shares in the transactions. Yes/No?
The bickering continues in so far as issues like Tribalism, Religion etc take front burner in the affair of Nigerian. But how do we embrace the TRUE ONE NIGERIANNESS?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by gratiaeo(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
Why always Yorubas

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
Deep Sight: Interesting article, but I was rather dissapointed after reading it, because no where in the article does the writer address or prove the title - "The North does not control Nigeria's Oil Blocks." Unless such parts are missing in the excerpts above?

The article is a response to Senator Ita Enang's claim at the National Assembly that 83% of indigenously owned oil blocks in Nigeria are owned by Northerners. If Akinnosho wants to disprove that, all he needs to do is show us the figures, period. Nothing in that article up there disproves anything at all.

While the authour dwells on issues like which field is producing and which is not, he completely fails to address the core claim made by Senator Enang.
thank you, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by 4kmukina: 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
As usual, the slaves have come to defend their master with much vigor and lies! This is just d beginning, they shall be exposed and all the oil blocks revoked! Chickena! una goat dey lay egg?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by adconline(m): 2:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
This article is a hogwash. It does not tell us how many notherners who own oil blocks VS souther owners. It's saying that some oil blocks awarded to these thieves are not producing. Tell us how many southerners who own oil blocks and compare that with northernes. Article about daily production or whatever should not be mixed up.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saraki Appeals CCT Ruling, Seeks To Stall Trial Today / Nigerian Military To Receive Immediate Arms Procurement, Presidency Orders / We'll Deduct ₦242.53 Billion Fuel Subsidy From FAAC This Month - NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.